Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax K-50 FIRE SALE - $499 w/ bag, card, extended warranty!
Posted By: Adam, 11-13-2013, 05:53 PM

Adorama is currently running a fire sale on the Pentax K-50. Save 33% on the body and get $100's worth in bonus items!

Pentax K-50 Digital SLR Camera Body w/ Extras Body $499
Also includes: free sling bag, card, and extended warranty.

Other kits:
Enjoy!
Views: 6,877
11-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
Little discouraged by Adorama's customer service

I had pulled the trigger on the K-50 deal with the $200 gift card last week just as it went out of stock. The order informed me it would ship as soon as it was back in stock, two days ago I get an email saying the order has been canceled. I scanned prices on Amazon, and the 18-55 w/ 50-200 kit came down to $725. I called up Adorama to ask why the order had been canceled, and I was told it was out of stock. I turn around order from Amazon, and now its down to $679.00. Guess I should have waited.

11-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BoldTheBeard Quote
I had pulled the trigger on the K-50 deal with the $200 gift card last week just as it went out of stock. The order informed me it would ship as soon as it was back in stock, two days ago I get an email saying the order has been canceled. I scanned prices on Amazon, and the 18-55 w/ 50-200 kit came down to $725. I called up Adorama to ask why the order had been canceled, and I was told it was out of stock. I turn around order from Amazon, and now its down to $679.00. Guess I should have waited.
You should be able to get them to price match it. Otherwise return it and buy it again for the cheaper price (though the former is usually offered as to avoid the later).
11-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster

Not sure if Amazon will match the deal if it's below their cost, but it's worth a shot.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #34
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Lesson learned - don't buy any Pentax until it's been out more than three months. I paid $700 for body and lens in September.
it is applicable to any other brand.
e.g. i was waiting patiently for a year or so to get a sony rx100 at a very reasonable price.

11-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Adorama is currently running a fire sale on the Pentax K-50. Save 33% on the body and get $100's worth in bonus items!
Appears these offers are now discontinued.

QuoteQuote:
We are sorry, this item is no longer available.
11-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
Appears these offers are now discontinued.
If you look at 2 posts above yours (post #33), Adam states that the deal was to be gone by the end of last weekend.
11-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks!

Thanks much to Adam and PF for letting us know about this $499 deal. My daughter ordered one as a result and it will arrive Thursday. I hope she lets me try it!

-Joe-

11-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #38
Pentaxian

If anyone wants to know, they currently are $713.00 for the two lens kit fulfilled by Amazon.
11-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #39
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
If anyone wants to know, they currently are $713.00 for the two lens kit fulfilled by Amazon.
Got a link?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
If you look at 2 posts above yours (post #33), Adam states that the deal was to be gone by the end of last weekend.
What's sad, is that Adam's "FYI, this deal will be gone by the end of the weekend" comment only shows up when I am logged on. Most of the time I browse this forum while not logged in. Makes me wonder what other comments I might be missing. Thanks for the clarification.
11-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
What's sad, is that Adam's "FYI, this deal will be gone by the end of the weekend" comment only shows up when I am logged on. Most of the time I browse this forum while not logged in. Makes me wonder what other comments I might be missing. Thanks for the clarification.
Not many, but sensitive things like this sometimes can't be made public.

Adam

11-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Didn't realize that. I have no reason to not be logged in when I am here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not many, but sensitive things like this sometimes can't be made public.
Makes sense!
11-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #43
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by BoldTheBeard Quote
When these units were finally delivered to us by the manufacturer, an administrator entered an incorrect price when uploading the details to our website. Had we sold them at this price, we would have made a financial loss on ever unit so all orders at this price had to be cancelled.

We didn't have that exact same model available on promotion at that time, although other colors were available - and we would be very happy to offer you an alternative color at that promotional price - let me know if you would like me to arrange this.

In addition, there will be further promotions on Black Friday weekend.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment and confusion caused.