Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-3 Body on Sale at Camera Canada
Posted By: pete-tarmigan, 11-14-2013, 07:59 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I noticed that the Camera Canada website shows the K-3 (black) on sale for 10% off the regular price. The body alone is $1229.97 ($70.02 off) and the K-3 (black) with 135mm is $1529.97 ($117.02 off). Shipping is extra.

Welcome to Camera Canada - Canada's dot.com for Cameras
Views: 4,565
11-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In canada always check these guys first, it's a division of Carmen's which has 5 stores in the Cambridge to Hamilton area.
items in Prodigital2000 store on eBay!

Their current price for a K-3 is $1199.

On the other hand we've also had excellent service from Camera Canada, they're a bit more mom-and pop, but I like that.

Last edited by normhead; 11-14-2013 at 10:10 AM.
11-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Dan
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
In canada always check these guys first, it's a division of Carmen's which has 5 stores in the Cambridge to Hamilton are.

That's a good deal for U.S. customers as well. $1199 (U.S.) with free shipping to the U.S. I purchased my K20D and a few lenses from them and never had any problem. In the past they have had some great deals on new lenses. I always like buying from my neighbors to the south! (And no, I am not geographically challenged. Roughly two-thirds of Canadians live to the south of my city in Washington state.)

Dan
11-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The thing I like about Prodigital, is they buy in blocks of 5, and they sell what they have in blocks, once that order is sold out, they post a new ad for the next shipment they get. So if you see it on their website they have it in their warehouse… no advertising things hoping the distributer still has some in stock as other venders do. No phoning the seller three weeks later, only to discover the distributer didn't have them in stock. If it's listed on their website, it's there, and it's being shipped with to you within 24 hours.

11-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, there are no warranty issues for US buyers who buy from Canada?
11-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Pentaxian

According to Adam, you have to return it to Canada for warranty work… I'd check with the store and see what they say. I have to mail my cameras for warranty work anyway so it doesn't make any difference to me, but if you're near a repair depot it might.
11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Canadian warranty is two years, the international warranty is one year. If you have to ship it in anyway, it won't make much difference except the customs inspections both ways will increase the shipping time a little.

11-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I've dealt with both, Camera Canada and Prodigital, no problems with either...
11-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Pentaxian

+1 for Prodigital2000. Although they sell exclusively on eBay (except for their brick & mortar stores called FotoSource & Carmen's), they have excellent post-sales customer service and fast, reasonable shipping. I've had to return a defective lens to them in the past, and it was easy and painless.

You folks in the states don't have to pay our 13% tax, but then again, any warranty service for me is Canadian (2 years on cameras, 1 year on Pentax lenses I think - compare to 10 years for Sigma, woot!), and I can drive to Pentax Canada in 20 minutes... YMMV.

FYI for any Canadians, always cross-check Prodigital2000 against photoprice.ca in case another store has a lower price up here. Very handy website, that. Even shows the big US places with their "ship to Canada with customs and tax included" price.
11-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I can confirm that I got my K-3 from prodigital, arrived home in two days. for canadians, you might want to contact them to make the payment in CAD, saving you exchange rates fees.

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
You can ship it back to Canada, or take advantage of the international warranty.
11-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
You can't get warranty service in the US unless you buy from a US authorized dealer, so you would have to ship it back to Canada. Saving a few bucks now and having to deal with warranty problems later isn't worth it, IMO. And remember that in the US, you can get the 2-year warranty extension for just $19.95- a steal compared to other manufacturers.

If you're looking for K-3 deals, I would wait for black friday. Without MAP restrictions it's possible that US retailers will offer the camera for less, much like they did with the K-5 II / IIs right after they came out.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Adam, in Canada the warranty is 2 years usually from the get go... no need to pay extra .
I had this for ALL the Pentax cameras I have purchased (IST DS, K10D and K5 - not for K-01 since it was from US).
11-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
In canada always check these guys first, it's a division of Carmen's which has 5 stores in the Cambridge to Hamilton area.

That's $1199 in US dollars (+ shipping $32 USD to the U.S.), or $1256.43 in Canadian dollars (free shipping within Canada). I assume that the Camera Canada price is in Canadian dollars.
11-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Adam, in Canada the warranty is 2 years usually from the get go... no need to pay extra .
I had this for ALL the Pentax cameras I have purchased (IST DS, K10D and K5 - not for K-01 since it was from US).
Yup, it's 2 years in Canada and in Europe. But for the $19.95 you get two extra years on top of the 1 standard year in the US, so 3 total.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, it's 2 years in Canada and in Europe. But for the $19.95 you get two extra years on top of the 1 standard year in the US, so 3 total.
Oh it is 2 extra on top of the one... not bad... not bad at all!

Depending on the store you get the camera from you can get extra-warranties here as well. But as everything else in Canada usually is a little more than just $20.