Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Photoshop CC + Lightroom now $9.99/mo for all
Posted By: Spodeworld, 11-20-2013, 03:22 PM

The subsription price has been temporarily lowered so that everyone can get Photoshop CC with Lightroom for $9.99/month.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom
Views: 2,898
11-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
The subsription price has been temporarily lowered so that everyone can get Photoshop CC with Lightroom for $9.99/month.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom
The terms state that this is valid for one year. Does that mean that it goes back up to 19.99 after the initial year?
11-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Adobe did a similar deal here in the UK a couple of months ago, which I signed up for, I already had the stand alone Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 5.

I did it just for the CS6 upgrade to Photoshop CC and then Adobe threw in Lightroom for the same price (£8.78 per month).
11-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

finally a deal I can swallow, thanks for the link.

11-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Where did you see that the price goes back up? If it shoots up 3,4 or 5 fold, sounds like a great way to lose most of the customers who signed up for the $10 dea.

Here's some amusing insights:
Adobe’s Letting Everyone In On $9.99 “Bundle Deal” But Only For a Few Days | Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider
11-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
mee
Veteran Member

Where did you see that the price goes back up? If it shoots up 3,4 or 5 fold, sounds like a great way to lose most of the customers who signed up for the $10 dea.

Here's some amusing insights:
Adobe’s Letting Everyone In On $9.99 “Bundle Deal” But Only For a Few Days | Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider
If you actually click the OP's link and go to the FAQ section it states:

QuoteQuote:
Will the cost of my membership ever increase?
When you purchase directly from Adobe, the cost of an annual membership will not go up during the first 12 months of your membership. It is possible that the cost of the month-to-month membership will increase, but if it does, you will be notified and given the opportunity to cancel.
Adobe also offers prepaid cards through retailers and resellers that allow you to buy membership with an upfront payment
This is not uncommon in the USA in contracts.. rented housing goes up yearly.. cable television and internet services go up yearly.. telephone service fees go up yearly... they bait you with a really cheap deal and expect you to get so hooked on the crack that you never want to get off.
11-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
mee
Veteran Member

Any rented access service for your work tools is ridiculous to me. Outside of corporate customers who don't want to bother with upgrades and write it off anyways.

And the more people who sign up for this thing convince Adobe and all other companies to either keep on or grow such services.

11-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I guess we'll find out in a year. But, for now, I think that it is worth getting over $800 worth of software for about $10 per month. If it goes up 20% to $12, it's still a bargain. I'd be surprised if there would be a massive jump. Too many people would scream foul!
11-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I guess we'll find out in a year. But, for now, I think that it is worth getting over $800 worth of software for about $10 per month. If it goes up 20% to $12, it's still a bargain. I'd be surprised if there would be a massive jump. Too many people would scream foul!
Why do you think people crying foul will have an effect? Someone who bought it a month ago has to pay twice as much as someone who buys it today forever? I'd guess those people would cry foul if the price didn't go back up.
11-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Did anybody try it? I just made the purchase, and in the list of Apps I don't see Lightroom as a stand alone app. I wonder if it is because I already have LR installed locally on my machine. Or, maybe it is bundled in Photoshop CC?

---- Update. I logged off and back in again and then LR showed up in the list.

Last edited by Spodeworld; 11-23-2013 at 03:54 AM.
11-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The terms and conditions say:

Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

I am not sure what happens after 24 months.
11-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
@Mistlefoot - because someone who bought a month ago can switch the plan to the current pricing if they contact adobe before the special is over. I think they'd be pretty thrilled.
11-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
The terms and conditions say:

Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

I am not sure what happens after 24 months.
According to that the price will likely go up at 12 months - why worry about 24 months?

"We will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering. To me, that means at the 12 month mark, you will then be paying what the current price is at that time. $20? $25? $30?
11-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
"based on the current price" The current price became $9.99 at the time that that was posted. I hope that this is what they are referring to.
11-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
Veteran Member

"based on the current price" The current price became $9.99 at the time that that was posted. I hope that this is what they are referring to.
When I called and asked about what they meant by that, I was told that they had no plans to raise the price after a year and would probably only adjust for inflation, if needed. I signed up for the promotion. If they raise it to 20 a month, I'll cancel. I was on Lightroom 4 and really wanted Lightroom 5. By the time my 12 months are up, Lightroom 6 will be out and I will have used that for 5-6 months. It made sense to me to pay 120 a year to be able to upgrade to two versions of Lightroom.