Posted By: Heie, 11-26-2013, 12:47 AM

Holiday Deals - 12 Days of Savings

Name:  Untitled2.jpg
Views: 5695
Size:  166.3 KB

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 5573
Size:  146.1 KB

Not sure if this belongs in the Price Watch forum or here, so mods feel free to move it if I misplaced it.

-Heie

Views: 15,463
12-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
They may be stuck with them for a while too. Who knows what kind of contract they signed together?

12-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #92
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Waiting.... waiting.....

I have to second the comments about poor service at the Pentax Webstore. I jumped on the 12 Days deal for the K-3 with the free grip and bag on Friday 13 Dec. This deal was perfect for me. I ordered around midday shortly after I received the announcement of this deal via text to my phone. By the following Tuesday the order was still pending approval. I called to check on it and the said it takes up to two days to process the order. Really? Then the order status shifted to backordered later in the week as the battery grip was not available. Finally it was shipped on Saturday 21 Dec and it was in the control of the shipper. However the tracking number cannot be found on the shipper's tracking website as of today. So I called the webstore again. They told me that it takes up to 24 business hours to appear on the shipper's tracking page. Really? I can't remember an order moving as slow as this one with any reputable vendor, especially those that are affiliated with this forum. So I think I got a great deal, but 10 days after ordering I have no idea when it will arrive. On the plus side, the webstore reps that I spoke with were helpful and polite, but the overall process moves about as fast as a snail.
12-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
I'm not surprised, my experience with their CS was poor, pretty much non existent. Still waiting on a reply from months back.... it really is sad that ricoh/pentax decided to let these clowns represent them in the US....

It is so obvious the point of the free shipping promo was to get the item on time for christmas, I hope it wasn't a gift.

Maybe if you inquire about it you'll get an already available free shipping or instant rebate on your "next" order
Unfortunately it's a gift, but fortunately it's a Xmas+Bday gift for myself so I don't have to explain to another person why it'd be delayed. They seem to have ignored my email after I responded to their response. It will be a tragedy for any new comer to experience such incompetent store.

QuoteOriginally posted by dave2k Quote
So I think I got a great deal, but 10 days after ordering I have no idea when it will arrive. On the plus side, the webstore reps that I spoke with were helpful and polite, but the overall process moves about as fast as a snail.
Man if I have to wait that long for such shiny new toy I'd probably just cancel the order and issue a charge back on my credit card. I honestly haven't dealt with an e-commerce website of this low quality ever. It's funny to think that dealing with gray market on eBay once a while have been flawless compared to this. Looking at BBB's rating for Pentax, it's an F. I guess that says a lot. Hope you get your K-3 soon!
12-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both B&H and Adorama will match that site if you ask. At this rate it may be good only for getting a better price at the big two.

12-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Both B&H and Adorama will match that site if you ask. At this rate it may be good only for getting a better price at the big two.
Good to know, that's what I will do in the future.
12-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #96
Forum Member

What was the Day 12 gift?
12-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Custom colored K-50 and Q7 gift card, 599 and 399 IIRC
12-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drpower Quote
What was the Day 12 gift?
It was $100 off a custom color Q7 or K-50.

12-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #99
Pentaxian

I figured everyone could use a good laugh. The Pentax webstore's response to the "free overnight shipping" is:

QuoteQuote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent email. The scheduled delivery date is 1/3/14. This does not ship overnight. The website states that it ships within 1 business day. This does not mean that you will receive it in 1 business day. We do quote 5-10 business days for delivery.
I have no idea which part of world these people live at but they honestly think people will read "+ Free Overnight shipping" as "Free overnight processing"? It's seriously worse than gray market dealers. I hope it's part of Ricoh's plan to get rid of these clowns.