Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Somebody Buy This, Put Me Out Of My Misery, PLEASE...
Posted By: magkelly, 11-27-2013, 08:34 PM

I have to pay every cent in my bank account on Monday (plus kill my credit card) to fix my darned bathtub or I'd be on this one like bunch of hungry fleas on a wet dog. I can't STAND the idea that it's on there for sub $400 used and I can't buy it so please, please, someone buy the it so I can stop watching it on Amazon and sighing? CRYSTAL RED K-30 gently used from the warehouse $378. HOLY, well you know what!!! Seriously this is a great deal and it would make me very happy to see someone on here get this sexy thing. If I can't have it then I want to live vicariously and watch someone else on here enjoy this pretty....

Amazon.com: Pentax K-30 Digital Camera (Body Only) (Red): Camera & Photo
Views: 2,239
11-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I already have a P/T job on top of my real job which is photography, btw. I take care of my Dad who is almost 90, and make no mistake taking care of him IS a p/t job these days. I'm chief secretary, chauffeur, housekeeper, nurse, cook, personal shopper and laundress around here. You'll note my post count has gone down lately? That's why. I'm always busy these days. I actually could not squeeze in a real p/t now job if I tried, seriously. Unfortunately taking care of Dad isn't what you'd call a well paying position. Unfortunately so far neither is photography, but hey, it still beats retail any day, grin.

11-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #17

If I could find the white for that price, I'd buy it. If you want it like it sounds like you do, you must be able to find a few items around the house that you can sell to pay for it. I'm often amazed what people pay for stuff. I sold some worn-out old rock and roll tour shirts on eBay...took a few hours and I had a few hundred $$$
11-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I already have a P/T job on top of my real job which is photography, btw. I take care of my Dad who is almost 90, and make no mistake taking care of him IS a p/t job these days. I'm chief secretary, chauffeur, housekeeper, nurse, cook, personal shopper and laundress around here. You'll note my post count has gone down lately? That's why. I'm always busy these days. I actually could not squeeze in a real p/t now job if I tried, seriously. Unfortunately taking care of Dad isn't what you'd call a well paying position. Unfortunately so far neither is photography, but hey, it still beats retail any day, grin.
Oh boy, I can relate. I retired in June a few years earlier than planned to be a caregiver for my young wife, and my parents (93 & 90) just went into assisted living. My production at the office was down, no surprise, so we do what we can when we can. My posting has most likely gone up since June: you crazy Forum folks are my caregivers!

You keep enjoying your K30 in its current color, and hopefully in time the crystal red will come to you
12-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Here's another red one for you.

12-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I'm safe. That's not the crystal and it's not a K-30, grin. Not even tempted. Actually I spent $100 on the credit card for a used M43 lens for Christmas and that's it. That's all the damage I am capable of doing right now unless I want to have to file for bankruptcy....