Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax K-5 II: $599 at B&H - Black Friday Fire Sale!
Posted By: Adam, 11-27-2013, 10:12 PM

Pentax K-5 II for $599: this is a B&H exclusive deal as well as the lowest price anywhere on a new body. SOLD OUT!

Get the K-5 II 18-55mm WR kit instead for $699. Deal ends today!

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-55mm 12027 B&H

More deals:

Black Friday Pentax Camera Deals - Pentax Deals - PentaxForums.com
Views: 24,895
02-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Imagingman Quote
Actually the reward was a factor to let me pull the trigger. Now they say "we are sorry we are not going to honor the reward because you do not have the proof to show the 4% reward". What the h**k! It sounds like they just try to get you on the hook, once you get on the hook and then they just forget what they promised!
That is why I take a screen shot of anything I order. I have been ridiculed about doing so, but it has saved my buns several times.

02-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #182
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
I suspect somebody at B&H made a big mistake at the time. There's no way it was intentional.
I don't think it was that huge a mistake if it was a mistake. It's not cash back; it's a credit against buying something else at the store. But if it was a mistake, B&H needed to come clean and explain what happened, and maybe make some effort to at least partly compensate.

I believe the 4% was on the web, but could be wrong. So I'm not going to be that upset one way or the other, although that plus another similar situation with another purchase have taught me to get screen shots of any significant purchase. I'd never felt a need to do that before.

I'll still buy from B&H if I don't get the 4% credit, but maybe not if other people report receiving it for their $599 bodies, and I don't receive anything.
02-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #183
Veteran Member

I remember seeing 4%. My impression at the time was "how the hell can they do that?"
02-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #184
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
I remember seeing 4%. My impression at the time was "how the hell can they do that?"
There would have been no justification for that impression. If you knew that B&H paid $599 for the bodies, net of rebates or other considerations, and then sold them for $599, then you'd have reason to feel that way. But you have no idea what the actual financial arrangements were behind the offer.

02-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
There would have been no justification for that impression. If you knew that B&H paid $599 for the bodies, net of rebates or other considerations, and then sold them for $599, then you'd have reason to feel that way. But you have no idea what the actual financial arrangements were behind the offer.

No argument. I jumped on the $799 deal which was extra sweet. I guess the point I tried to make is that I didn't expect to see a 4% rebate upon clicking on Adam's link that day.
02-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #186
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
I don't think it was that huge a mistake if it was a mistake. It's not cash back; it's a credit against buying something else at the store. But if it was a mistake, B&H needed to come clean and explain what happened, and maybe make some effort to at least partly compensate.

I believe the 4% was on the web, but could be wrong. So I'm not going to be that upset one way or the other, although that plus another similar situation with another purchase have taught me to get screen shots of any significant purchase. I'd never felt a need to do that before.

I'll still buy from B&H if I don't get the 4% credit, but maybe not if other people report receiving it for their $599 bodies, and I don't receive anything.
I bought the body only kit for $599. I added the 50mm plastic lens for $116(?). I received 4% for the body only. No reward for the lens. Hope that helps you out!
02-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #187
Pentaxian

Update to my previous posts in this thread: after citing this thread and a couple of back-and-forth messages, B&H gave me the 4% credit equivalent on my black friday body-only purchase to use for an immediate (as in within a few days) order. Not having any urgent need - nor a great amount of available funds - to purchase anything more significant, I ordered an SD card for approximately the amount of the credit. It should arrive in a few days. I'm very satisfied with this resolution and won't hesitate to purchase from B&H again.