Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax K-5 II: $599 at B&H - Black Friday Fire Sale!
Posted By: Adam, 11-27-2013, 10:12 PM

Pentax K-5 II for $599: this is a B&H exclusive deal as well as the lowest price anywhere on a new body. SOLD OUT!

Get the K-5 II 18-55mm WR kit instead for $699. Deal ends today!

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-55mm 12027 B&H

More deals:

Black Friday Pentax Camera Deals - Pentax Deals - PentaxForums.com
Views: 29,260
12-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I should have grabbed the $699 deal for now, but I'll manage with primes and a DAL 18-55 (and a towel). Still hopeful that the DA zoom ~17-85 will appear soon!

12-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #107

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax K-5 II for $599: this is a B&H exclusive deal as well as the lowest price anywhere on a new body. SOLD OUT!

Get the K-5 II 18-55mm WR kit instead for $699. Deal ends today!

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-55mm 12027 B&H

More deals:

Black Friday Pentax Camera Deals - Pentax Deals - PentaxForums.com
Adam,

I placed an order of K-5 II body from B&H by clicking the link you provided BUT I forgot to log-in PentaxForums first. Can you still get credit for the purchase?
12-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #108
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jdong Quote
Adam,

I placed an order of K-5 II body from B&H by clicking the link you provided BUT I forgot to log-in PentaxForums first. Can you still get credit for the purchase?
Yup. Just PM me your order number

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #109
Veteran Member

Adam, I ordered a flash through one of the links you posted rather than going through the link at the top of the forums - do you get credit for that, or do you need my order number?

12-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #110
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Adam, I ordered a flash through one of the links you posted rather than going through the link at the top of the forums - do you get credit for that, or do you need my order number?
We should still get credit. B&H doesn't credit orders manually (if a link wasn't clicked), so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed Thanks!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #111

QuoteOriginally posted by WooKstah Quote
Ordered early Thursday morning, shipping to Ottawa (ON, Canada), got the notification yesterday. Tracking number still not in the Purolator system though.
Thanks. I ordered Thursday night, got my shipping notification earlier today. I'm guessing Purolator tracking may not be active until it reaches the border.
12-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #112

Photos: Albums
Do you know if Pentax Canada will honor a warranty for a camera purchased in the US ?
I also ordered a K5II from B&H...

Thanks

12-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #113
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ybo1 Quote
Do you know if Pentax Canada will honor a warranty for a camera purchased in the US ?
I also ordered a K5II from B&H...

Thanks
Most likely not. But you can send it back to the US for service if you know someone who can handle it for you.

Adam

12-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #114

I just wanted to provide a bit of (positive) feedback - especially for those potential buyers who are in Australia or the like.

Last Friday I ordered the K5 II from B&H for the amazing price of US $599 plus US $55 for shipping. Worked out to be AU $750 in total.
Firstly it is fairly rare to find a US retailer so easily willing to ship international and for a reasonable price.
Transaction was totally pain free and quick - paypal.

Got a confirmation of shipping early Saturday morning (still friday in the US) and tracked its progress across the US, to Hong Kong, Singapore and finally Perth.
I actually received the camera yesterday (Tuesday) and can't believe it made it all the way in 4 days (including a weekend!) for that low shipping price.

Packaging was great, bubble wrap and all. Camera was perfect and am unbelievably happy. It is a huge and much needed step up from the K-x! Features galore!
12-03-2013, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #115
Site Supporter

WTH?! How did you get yours so fast? Mine just had to go from wherever B&H is to Alabama. Totally NOT fair!!

Last edited by dansamy; 12-03-2013 at 06:13 PM.
12-03-2013, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #116
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jm107 Quote
I just wanted to provide a bit of (positive) feedback - especially for those potential buyers who are in Australia or the like.

Last Friday I ordered the K5 II from B&H for the amazing price of US $599 plus US $55 for shipping. Worked out to be AU $750 in total.
Firstly it is fairly rare to find a US retailer so easily willing to ship international and for a reasonable price.

Got a confirmation of shipping early Saturday morning (still friday in the US) and tracked its progress across the US, to Hong Kong, Singapore and finally Perth.
I actually received the camera yesterday (Tuesday) and can't believe it made it all the way in 4 days (including a weekend!) for that low shipping price.

Packaging was great, bubble wrap and all. Camera was perfect and am unbelievably happy. It is a huge and much needed step up from the K-x! Features galore!
Thanks for sharing the positive experience! I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy the camera in the months to come.

Adam

12-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Man. I bought a new K-5 body only a few weeks ago for $639.

I thought that was a deal. 😥
12-03-2013, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thanks for sharing the positive experience! I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy the camera in the months to come.
I am not sure, but I think shipping from the US to Australia goes faster because of the tailwinds.

Lol 😃
12-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #119
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jm107 Quote

Yes that is quite a large jump in feature set. Congrats! :c )
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #120

Just received mine too from B&H ( I am in Montreal, Quebec ), along with my DA 55-300
So far so good, 5 pics taken, tack sharp with my 16-45. Didn't try to 300 yet as it is already dark outside...
I am gone a love that whisper shutter sound ( vs my K30).

More to come...