Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax K-5 II: $599 at B&H - Black Friday Fire Sale!
Posted By: Adam, 11-27-2013, 10:12 PM

Pentax K-5 II for $599: this is a B&H exclusive deal as well as the lowest price anywhere on a new body. SOLD OUT!

Get the K-5 II 18-55mm WR kit instead for $699. Deal ends today!

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-55mm 12027 B&H

More deals:

Black Friday Pentax Camera Deals - Pentax Deals - PentaxForums.com
Views: 29,178
12-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Received my K-5ii today! I am really excited to start shooting with it. So far i've just unpackaged it and attached my sling strap. I really like the grip and how it feels, it definitely seems to fit better in the hand than the K30. Don't think i'll get to shooting with it tonight, i'm charging up the battery and about to annihilate some zombies in Zombi U

12-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #122
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jm107 Quote
Last Friday I ordered the K5 II from B&H for the amazing price of US $599 plus US $55 for shipping. ...
Got a confirmation of shipping early Saturday morning (still friday in the US) and tracked its progress across the US, to Hong Kong, Singapore and finally Perth.
I actually received the camera yesterday (Tuesday) and can't believe it made it all the way in 4 days (including a weekend!) for that low shipping price.
Wow. For $55 yours could have circled the globe and still reached Oregon first! That's free shipping for ya.
My order was placed a day before yours and should be here 12/6 (was originally expected to arrive next Monday!).
12-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #123
pdo

The Pentax K5 II is now listed as discontinued on BH.

12-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #124
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pdo Quote
The Pentax K5 II is now listed as discontinued on BH.
Pretty sure they sold out of their whole stock!

12-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We should still get credit. B&H doesn't credit orders manually (if a link wasn't clicked), so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed Thanks!
I'll send you mine as well, when I get to the computer with the order number on it. Sorry I didn't think of it.
12-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #126
mee
Veteran Member

Spent the evening configuring my new K-5 II ... updated firmware, configured menu settings, got used to some of the settings..

I will say it seems to be a much nicer photo camera than my K-30. The grip has more of an indention for my middle finger even though it is a more narrow grip front to back then on the K-30. This makes the grip much easier to handle and puts my index finger where it should be by the shutter release button. Nice.

Top LCD is so nice to have. I turn off the LCD panel and just use that.. no more bright LCD screen in my face when trying to focus through the viewfinder.

Shutter is quieter.. less treble in the thunk sound it makes over the K-x and K-30 I have had. Oh and burst is very fast.. even with RAW DNG format.. nice buffer size too.

THIS is a camera.

DC motor on the 18-135 makes focusing extremely quick.. I have been missing so much and not realizing it. Look forward to taking it outside.. My initial goal was to buy the kit and sell the lens. If it remains as nice as I think it is currently, I likely will just.. keep it.. doh!

ice storm about to hit in the next couple of days.. might be an interesting time to take the sealed kit out (and hope it is actually sealed haha)

Last edited by mee; 12-04-2013 at 08:57 PM.
12-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #127
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Spent the evening configuring my new K-5 II ... updated firmware, configured menu settings, got used to some of the settings..

I will say it seems to be a much nicer photo camera than my K-30. The grip has more of an indention for my middle finger even though it is a more narrow grip front to back then on the K-30. This makes the grip much easier to handle and puts my index finger where it should be by the shutter release button. Nice.

Top LCD is so nice to have. I turn off the LCD panel and just use that.. no more bright LCD screen in my face when trying to focus through the viewfinder.

Shutter is quieter.. less treble in the thunk sound it makes over the K-x and K-30 I have had. Oh and burst is very fast.. even with RAW DNG format.. nice buffer size too.

THIS is a camera.

DC motor on the 18-135 makes focusing extremely quick.. I have been missing so much and not realizing it. Look forward to taking it outside.. My initial goal was to buy the kit and sell the lens. If it remains as nice as I think it is currently, I likely will just.. keep it.. doh!

ice storm about to hit in the next couple of days.. might be an interesting time to take the sealed kit out (and hope it is actually sealed haha)
Stop! You're making me completely jealous!! Mine won't arrive til tomorrow. I leave for Disney Saturday. Hurry up, Brown Man!

12-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got mine this evening, updated the firmware, did some configuring, took a few test shots around the house. Taking it outside first thing in the morning with my A*300 F4 on it.
Time to start looking for a BG4 grip.

Adam
I'll PM you my order number info.
12-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #129
Site Supporter

Yay! I got mine today. Battery charging now. Firmware update next.
12-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #130

Got mine also. Super excited to be a Pentaxian again LOL
12-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #131

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote

THIS is a camera.

Very nice!!
I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow
It should be waiting for me on my porch
12-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #132
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sr20det510 Quote
Very nice!!
I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow
It should be waiting for me on my porch
Mine required a signature. It might not be waiting for you.
12-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #133

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Mine required a signature. It might not be waiting for you.
Way to burst a bubble!
If its delivered after 3pm I should be good to go
12-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #134
Veteran Member

I knew the K-5ii was heavier than the K30 but I didn't expect it to be as noticeable as it is.... I think it might be time for a D-BG4 :P
12-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #135
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
I knew the K-5ii was heavier than the K30 but I didn't expect it to be as noticeable as it is.... I think it might be time for a D-BG4 :P
Yeah it is heftier for sure. but not by a ton. I think it really depends on the lens though with how it feels..

For those coming from a K-x or K-r, you will note the heft. I 'weighed' both my K-30 with an 18-200 and the K-5ii with an 18-135 and the K5ii was only slightly heavier to me. Noticeable but not terrible..

And I want to try out a dbg4 too.. if only to get back to my eneloop AAs hehe