Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax K-5 II: $599 at B&H - Black Friday Fire Sale!
Posted By: Adam, 11-27-2013, 10:12 PM

Pentax K-5 II for $599: this is a B&H exclusive deal as well as the lowest price anywhere on a new body. SOLD OUT!

Get the K-5 II 18-55mm WR kit instead for $699. Deal ends today!

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-55mm 12027 B&H

More deals:

Black Friday Pentax Camera Deals - Pentax Deals - PentaxForums.com
Views: 29,180
11-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #76
Site Supporter

The agony of the wait... My tracking id days delivery should occur Thursday, December 5th. We leave for our next Disney trip Saturday, December 7th! Any quick & dirty instructions for getting decent pics from a brand new, unfamiliar camera? I usually do not like to take a new camera on vacation, but daughter will want the K-x to take pictures.

11-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #77
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
The agony of the wait... My tracking id days delivery should occur Thursday, December 5th. We leave for our next Disney trip Saturday, December 7th! Any quick & dirty instructions for getting decent pics from a brand new, unfamiliar camera? I usually do not like to take a new camera on vacation, but daughter will want the K-x to take pictures.
The camera is pretty good out of the box. I would be sure to change it from PEF to DNG raw for better compatibility, apart from that just play with it from a few hours and you should get used to it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by rwingsfan Quote
Don't think I would count on $350 for the lens. I tried selling a like new one here and could not get any bites at $275. I feel there will be a bunch on the market soon also because folks are getting them for $200 which is going to drive the used price down. Just my .02
At that price I would just keep my copy. It won't get much regular use but it's a great all-in-one travel lens.
11-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #79
Forum Member

I'm so glad I pulled trigger before 18-135 kit sold out!

Yet, I have question... I don't know if anybody experienced similar thing with B&H...
I added 50mm f1.8 my list at the last minute when i noticed it has bundle discount of $130 (around $116 on the lens!). However, after I made my payment and checked my order, it seems bundle offer wasn't applied, but only $65 discount has been applied. Perhaps it's my fault being too excited to double check the price detail, but I can't seem to understand why it 'lost' the bundle offer during checkout.
If I ask them, would they honour this bundle offer and refund the amount? (they are basically closed until Sunday, I guess I'll have to wait.)

I still feel I had a great deal anyway, but I'm eager to save a little more... Just wondering if anybody experienced same or similar thing as I did, and know how would they generally react to this situation...

11-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #80
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dyoon153 Quote
I'm so glad I pulled trigger before 18-135 kit sold out!

Yet, I have question... I don't know if anybody experienced similar thing with B&H...
I added 50mm f1.8 my list at the last minute when i noticed it has bundle discount of $130 (around $116 on the lens!). However, after I made my payment and checked my order, it seems bundle offer wasn't applied, but only $65 discount has been applied. Perhaps it's my fault being too excited to double check the price detail, but I can't seem to understand why it 'lost' the bundle offer during checkout.
If I ask them, would they honour this bundle offer and refund the amount? (they are basically closed until Sunday, I guess I'll have to wait.)

I still feel I had a great deal anyway, but I'm eager to save a little more... Just wondering if anybody experienced same or similar thing as I did, and know how would they generally react to this situation...
It's worth asking, though the bundle might not apply due to the huge discount on the camera.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #81
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's worth asking, though the bundle might not apply due to the huge discount on the camera.
Yes, I won't be so disappointed if it's not applied. Like you said, it was huge. I wonder if B&H made any profit on these deals.
11-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #82
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dyoon153 Quote
Yes, I won't be so disappointed if it's not applied. Like you said, it was huge. I wonder if B&H made any profit on these deals.
Definitely, they won't just sell below cost. With the amount of stuff they buy I'm sure they get pretty good prices from Pentax.

Adam

11-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #83

Definitely excited to joining the K5ii club.. going to give my K30 to my better half!
11-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #84

Photos: Albums
as a uk buyer this was not available to me...least not without paying many hundreds of dollars in import tax. never mind .. I am awash with special offer black friday pentax gear .. NOT! in this part of the world there was NOTHING on offer with a pentax sticker on it. all in all the deals were disappointing. of the few (limited) things that were wanted/needed/desirable..they were ALL gone in under 1 second.
I looked to buy a few things and though putting them in my basket within 1 second..there were always many buyers who got in before me. HOW!? am guessing that some folk have/had an unfair advantage over me and all other prospective buyers.
11-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #85

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
They offer SquareTrade warranties when you are checking out at B&H... I think that is all they do.
Thanks. I don't see any of my paperwork from the lenses I bought there a while back in my photography file, but I tthought I remembered them having something.

Can you actually see the price before committing to the sale?

Looking around the net, I see that K-Mart had this with 18-55 for the same price and it sold out... rats. I really would have liked the 18-135 deal here as none of my lenses, save the 35mm are WR. Will look around some more before B&H opens tonight.
11-30-2013, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #86
Veteran Member

So who else is broke after Black Friday? Between this K-5ii deal and $379.99 on a Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, my bank account is like a ghost town this weekend
11-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #87
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 62mm Quote
Thanks. I don't see any of my paperwork from the lenses I bought there a while back in my photography file, but I tthought I remembered them having something.

Can you actually see the price before committing to the sale?

Looking around the net, I see that K-Mart had this with 18-55 for the same price and it sold out... rats. I really would have liked the 18-135 deal here as none of my lenses, save the 35mm are WR. Will look around some more before B&H opens tonight.
Yes I think you can.. At least I can see the ST deal in my shopping cart before the transaction begins.

For the K-5 II body I'm quoted:

Square Trade Protection Plan: ?
2 Year Drops & Spills $87.99
3 Year Drops & Spills $97.99
11-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #88

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I bought the k5ii bundle plus the 50mm lens and got the discount. I would ask indeed!
11-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #89
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iamx Quote
I bought the k5ii bundle plus the 50mm lens and got the discount. I would ask indeed!
Thank you, I already sent them an email, hopefully i get a reply soon.

Last edited by dyoon153; 11-30-2013 at 12:37 PM.
11-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sbyrne Quote
Adam is it possible for a Canadian to have the K5 II shipped to a Detroit address, I have relatives there and only live 30 minutes over the border, I assume the postage would be cheaper.
I have had B&H ship to another place in Alberta, New Orleans and also Sweetgrass Montana for me. There should be no problems