Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Don't forget your extended warranties! (US Members)
Posted By: Adam, 11-28-2013, 11:21 AM

I've you've picked up a new Pentax DSLR in the US within the past 30 days, don't forget to add the Pentax extended warranty for 3 years of warranty coverage total:

Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current Pentax DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)

Also sold by B&H under this SKU:
Pentax 2-Year Extended Warranty for Pentax and Ricoh 85716 B&H
Views: 2,831
11-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #2

Not valid in Florida... bummer.
11-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I assume the "new leaf" plan
from Adorama is different?
If so, which the preferred plan to have?
11-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Is this warranty valid in Canada?

12-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #5

2 Questions:
First: I bought the camera over black friday, if I buy this now, can I still apply it to the camera (ie: is it within 30 days before or after?)
Second: B&H has it backordered and I bought my kit through them, if I buy the warranty from Adorama, will I still be able to cover my camera from B&H?
12-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by s.wilding Quote
2 Questions:
First: I bought the camera over black friday, if I buy this now, can I still apply it to the camera (ie: is it within 30 days before or after?)
Second: B&H has it backordered and I bought my kit through them, if I buy the warranty from Adorama, will I still be able to cover my camera from B&H?
Yes to both questions. This one would still be valid for your B&H purchase:

Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current Pentax DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Just a quick question but how can a warranty be back ordered?
12-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
Just a quick question but how can a warranty be back ordered?
Simply because they ship you a card and they run out of them. This happens every time during these big sales but usually come back in stock quickly.

12-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Gotcha
12-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
Site Supporter

When I bought my K30 the warranty was back ordered, and when it was delivered my receipt shows my order date, not the ship date.

Point being go ahead on buy the warranty it does not matter when they ship the card you just need to order it within 30 days of buying the camera.

Edit:I bought K30 from costco bought warranty from Adorama
12-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
When I bought my K30 the warranty was back ordered, and when it was delivered my receipt shows my order date, not the ship date.

Point being go ahead on buy the warranty it does not matter when they ship the card you just need to order it within 30 days of buying the camera.

Edit:I bought K30 from costco bought warranty from Adorama
Anyone knows if such warranties are available for Canadians buying from the US ?
12-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #12

Warranty Card

Just got the warranty card in the mail. Does the warranty card need to be registered online somewhere, or just kept with the receipt if needed?
12-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jashall Quote
Just got the warranty card in the mail. Does the warranty card need to be registered online somewhere, or just kept with the receipt if needed?
Just keep it with the receipt along with your original camera receipt.

If you need warranty repair within the first year, you need to send in just a copy of your original camera receipt. For years 2 and 3 you will need to send in both receipts plus a copy of the card.
12-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #14

Not valid in Virginia

Any idea why these warranties are banned in some states? I actually purchased one of these warranties from Adorama back when I bought my K-7 in 2010. I just looked at the warranty card today, and it says "Not valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia." So why did Adorama sell me the thing in the first place? And again, what is the reason for the ban? Any ideas?
12-31-2013, 04:59 AM   #15
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Piscator Quote
Any idea why these warranties are banned in some states? I actually purchased one of these warranties from Adorama back when I bought my K-7 in 2010. I just looked at the warranty card today, and it says "Not valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia." So why did Adorama sell me the thing in the first place? And again, what is the reason for the ban? Any ideas?
My apologies that I only just came across your post; it does state on the product page:

Key Features

Pentax Ricoh warrants to the original purchaser the product to operate according to factory specifications for a period of three years from the original date of purchase (one-year standard + two-year extended)
Pentax Ricoh will provide, at no charge, one complete check-up at any time during the warranty period. This includes inspection of all camera functions to see that they meet factory specifications.
NOT VALID IN FLORIDA, THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Can only be purchased within 30 days of original equipment purchase.

It has nothing to do with Pentax or Adorama. I know that Florida introduced this legislation to protect consumers from being scammed and being sold useless extended warranties etc - I guess Virginia took a similar view.

I'm not sure what we could do to prevent residents of these states from buying warranties, as we wouldn't know whether he or she was planning to give it as a gift, or to move out of state themselves.