Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread

Pentax K-3 body $996 - (Mod Note: Read comments before jumping on this!)
Posted By: si_film, 12-01-2013, 04:23 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

On ebay from seller "6ave"

$996.45, includes a few cheapie accessories.

Pentax K 3 Digital SLR Camera Black Body 16GB Package | eBay

Last edited by si_film; 12-01-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Views: 10,008
12-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am getting a K3 body only for $1275.00 AU

12-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The negative feedback is for no manuals or other accessories, drop shipping items(selling w/o sock) and non US market imports, grey market etc. Seems a bit too risky for me, I'm still amazed by the K30 and spent all my money on glass this year anyway.
12-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
The negative feedback is for no manuals or other accessories, drop shipping items(selling w/o sock) and non US market imports, grey market etc. Seems a bit too risky for me, I'm still amazed by the K30 and spent all my money on glass this year anyway.
The K-30 can produce some serious high quality images, especially with some sharpening in PP and the right glass. For as much as I would like to want a K-3 (if that makes sense), there is plenty I can still do and learn with a K-30. Sometimes I find myself bumping into the limits of the sensor when I want to bring out details from the shadows (12-bit depth vs. 14-bit depth?) and the noise at higher ISO in dim lights hurts. However, these "limitations" force me to be creative and embrace a film-like quality in my color shots or explore tonal range in B&W where noise is less of an issue.

Three cheers for the K-30!
12-02-2013, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #34

Be careful .. when K30 came out it was popular and a company like these guys Welcome to Fumfie! | Fumfie.com - more than just photo .. who operate on Amazon and have had several different identities on Ebay.... Told me they had stock on the Blue K30 so I ordered and they tried really hard to push the cheap extras, so I bit and added them as well. Month and half later... no camera.

Cancelled the order and was charged a 98.00 restocking fee. I had to go through several people and complain to Visa before they refunded me minus the 98.00.

These guys sound like one and the same....

I learned my lesson and will only buy from recognized and mfg. authorized retailers from now on.

12-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
Forum Member

I sent a message to the seller asking if it came with a warranty and the reply I received was

"Our products are covered by a warranty of 1 years parts and 90 days for labor. Due to our very low prices, we are prevented from listing our items with manufacturer warranty."

I'm still confused as to whether the warranty is provided directly through them (not through Ricoh/Pentax), or if it does have a Pentax warranty and they are just not allowed to mention that in the listing (which would make absolutely no sense to me for it to have a Ricoh/Pentax warranty yet not be allowed to tell you that.
12-02-2013, 09:07 PM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TiminyCricket Quote
I sent a message to the seller asking if it came with a warranty and the reply I received was

"Our products are covered by a warranty of 1 years parts and 90 days for labor. Due to our very low prices, we are prevented from listing our items with manufacturer warranty."

I'm still confused as to whether the warranty is provided directly through them (not through Ricoh/Pentax), or if it does have a Pentax warranty and they are just not allowed to mention that in the listing (which would make absolutely no sense to me for it to have a Ricoh/Pentax warranty yet not be allowed to tell you that.

Sounds like a shady bunch. Why would a brand new, genuine product not be able to be offered with a manufacturer's warranty? This is clearly grey market.
12-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #37
Site Supporter

It is definitely gray market. As long as you know that's what you're getting & the risk is not unacceptable to you, it's fine. My phone is gray market. It was the only way for me to get the version that I wanted. I bought a Square Trade warranty for it, since I have NO manufacturer coverage. (I specifically wanted the quad core processor sold internationally instead of the dual core processor sold here in the USA.)

12-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #38
Veteran Member

If something is too good to be true, it probably is.
12-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #39
Banned

Looks like a satisfied K-3 purchase.
12-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Looks like a satisfied K-3 purchase.
Hard to say whether or not anything we mentioned actually held true. I mean how do we know this person either A) Discovered that this was grey market and just doesn't care or B) Doesn't even realize that it's grey market because they just don't know.

Plus they've had it for how long now? A week or two? Who's to say they've even snapped any photos with it yet?
12-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
Veteran Member

I'm glad for anyone who got one and feels they got a good deal. Saving about $180 compared to the amazon deal(not counting amazon rewards)

If you got this and had no issues it would be a pretty sweet deal. If you end out having any issues(it is first production run...) you may or may not get warranty service.
12-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shipping to Canada is only 5000.00 ..
12-11-2013, 10:34 PM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A friend ordered it. Here is what he got.
Pentax K-3.5 instead of K-3 (some crippled features - see below)

The body is Gray (not black) - the manual says its Gray market - hence the body is gray. The other "authorised" sellers sell only the black market version (their version of K3 comes only in Black)
The SD Card door is missing (saved the seller $25 of the $180)
The sensor had a few pixels missing - they were found loose in the box (saved $50). My friend glued them back.
The battery compartment has a wind-up mechanism instead of an electric source - the vendor said it saved another $100
The LCD Display is B&W instead of color - saved the rest of the $180 (sorry I lost count).....

So next time, he will buy Pentax equipment only from Adorama or BHPhoto....

Hope all the naysayers are happy!!!

Last edited by manishved; 12-11-2013 at 11:51 PM.
12-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
A friend ordered it. Here is what he got.

The sensor had a few pixels missing - they were found loose in the box (saved $50). My friend glued them back.
Was the glue included in the package or did he need to supply his own?
01-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #45

I onlye have one question. Why does it come with 3rd charger instead of original charger? May be this one really from Grey market where the charger still in the owner hands.

I just lost my K-5 by the hand of unknown thief and still have my charger now.