DA 50mm 1.8 lens
Sandisk Extreme 32gb class 10 card

Plus 4% rewards and free shipping

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15530 B&H Photo Video

Views: 7,524
12-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's not that far away from Amazon's $1076 price on the body now if you don't want the grip or lens. Not sure why Pentax is forcing the MAP still...it should just go to whatever the natural price is like the rest of the market... :-P
The lens/grip bundle was a nice buy though...

12-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #17

Would anyone happen to have a screenshot or some ther proof of this deal? I remember seeing it on their site, they even created new web pages for each bundle. However, I'm having some difficulty getting B&H support to admit this promotion actually existed.
12-30-2013, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Why would you need proof of the deal? It was for a very limited time - from 12/24 - 12/26 and then it was gone.

As with all the deals posted here, they are all for a limited time.
12-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Why would you need proof of the deal? It was for a very limited time - from 12/24 - 12/26 and then it was gone.

As with all the deals posted here, they are all for a limited time.
B&H will match any promotion or discount price that goes on for an item you purchased within the last 30 days. It's their way of not punishing customers for buying early.

If I can show it existed they'll give me the grip.

12-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by A.Yzerr Quote
B&H will match any promotion or discount price that goes on for an item you purchased within the last 30 days. It's their way of not punishing customers for buying early.

If I can show it existed they'll give me the grip.
Check out the first page of this thread. I see "NotaxPen" had ordered while the deal was on.
12-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Oh - didn't know that. I thought any price matching was done with other vendors but not to themselves - especially when there as a specific end date specified on the page.

I don't have a screen shot, but know for a fact it was there - also there were a couple folks that did receive the deal when it was live.
12-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #22

I went ahead and called B&H - talked with a very nice rep. named Blake and everything got settled.

Pretty happy I decided to go with B&H from now on, they've got great customer service. Though I will admit the phone customer service seems a little more determined to figure things out with you. Perhaps it's the immediacy of things opposed to e-mail.

01-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I think some retailers know, that the next "Pentax dSLR" will be a "Ricoh" and they know it won't sell as well as a "Pentax" because no one really knows (or cares about Ricoh).
Naturally, retailers are trying to get as many sales and brand loyalty in place before the "crash" when Ricoh does the switch over.

Ricoh is doing it's best to put cameras in the hands people who are "along for the ride", however, Ricoh is mistaken that people think Pentax cameras "are" Ricoh cameras.

I think retailers know how much Pentax means to the people that actually buy Pentax.
Nowhere on the web do I see ANY K3 being called a "Ricoh".
If Ricoh stays true to their form, they are not happy with that.
I see Ricoh forcing the issue in the coming months/year.

So if I was a retailer, I too would be trying to sell as much gear as possible before the "brand" Pentax disappears.
The few people who think that Pentax doesn't matter will be the only ones who are going to buy Ricoh cameras.

When that happens, Ricoh will scratch their heads and wonder why their sales have tanked.
As a retailer, you don't want to be caught in a marketing misstep.

I think Ricoh is about to embark on such a misstep in 2014.
Besides the few of us who still remember when Ricoh made cheap low-end cameras, I don't think many will care whether the cameras say Pentax or Ricoh or both. When I was in high school, I could not afford ANY camera and the school had one 35mm camera, a Ricoh SLX 500. For two years I took the majority of the photos that appeared in our yearbook with that camera and a 50mm/1.8 Rikenon lens, and a cheap no-name 135/3.5 with an aperture that had to be manually opened to focus, then manually stopped down to working aperture before you took the picture. You can imagine action shots were quite a challenge. I think I will survive having five letters I don't care for printed on the back of my camera. If the cameras are good and the lenses still fit, they can call it Poop and their sales will be fine.
01-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #24

I'm also having trouble getting a match on this promotion and have been told a number of contradictory things. I ordered my k-3 on the 15th and time is running out on my 30day window. I've been trying for several days now.

Although, i've been told A. That there is no 30 day promotion match at all B. That i have to contact them while the promotion is live to get it matched. And C. That this was a manufacturers deal, not b&h's, hence they won't match it cause it came from ricoh.

I told them i knew of others who had gotten the grip matched outside the original deal, meaning none of the 3 excuses above are true and they wanted their order #s to investigate.

Frankly i'm a little frustrated with the runaround.
01-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bonobo Quote
I'm also having trouble getting a match on this promotion and have been told a number of contradictory things. I ordered my k-3 on the 15th and time is running out on my 30day window. I've been trying for several days now.

Although, i've been told A. That there is no 30 day promotion match at all B. That i have to contact them while the promotion is live to get it matched. And C. That this was a manufacturers deal, not b&h's, hence they won't match it cause it came from ricoh.

I told them i knew of others who had gotten the grip matched outside the original deal, meaning none of the 3 excuses above are true and they wanted their order #s to investigate.

Frankly i'm a little frustrated with the runaround.
Actually there is a 'Ask B&H' section on this forum where you can get hold of the B&H rep. I reckon seeing someone with the same predicament as yours discussing the issue with the B&H rep. Hope that helps.
01-03-2014, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #26

Photos: Gallery
Here's an attached screenshot from my invoice in case anyone still needs it.
Attached Images

01-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Actually there is a 'Ask B&H' section on this forum where you can get hold of the B&H rep. I reckon seeing someone with the same predicament as yours discussing the issue with the B&H rep. Hope that helps.
I checked with him first and He gave me one of the above 3 answers. While i was waiting for his reply i called in and got the other 2.

It'd be one thing if the policy was actually limited to date of promotion. It'd suck a little but i could understand it. Business is business. But it seems to be more a matter of catching the right rep on the phone more than anything else.

Last edited by Bonobo; 01-03-2014 at 06:48 PM.
01-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Envious of you Walter, that deal is not available anymore You guys got one heck of a deal.....
01-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
indeed....and the K-3 body has risen from $1076 to $1180 on Amazon too...
01-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #30
Veteran Member

...and this B&H deal seems like a steal even more looking at K3 prices on Amazon today. K3 is out of stock at all retailers on Amazon and by Amazon itself. It says 'Ships in 1-4 months' !! What caused such stampede for K3? Did the DPR poll winning trigger the rush? I didnt track K5 release behavior post-christmas in 2010/2012. Hence the question....