Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
K-3 w/grip - w/DA 50 1.8 - w/SDHC card - $1297
Posted By: stormtech, 12-24-2013, 07:33 PM

Very nice bundle deal for the K-3 for $1297

Includes:

BG-5 Grip
DA 50mm 1.8 lens
Sandisk Extreme 32gb class 10 card

Plus 4% rewards and free shipping

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15530 B&H Photo Video


Views: 5,870
12-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,958
Wow- can't believe they added a free grip. That's a smokin deal!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 85
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Wow- can't believe they added a free grip. That's a smokin deal!
Just asking out of curiosity. why so many deals on k-3?.
12-24-2013, 11:00 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,123
QuoteOriginally posted by trumanusa Quote
Just asking out of curiosity. why so many deals on k-3?.
I doubt it's because it isn't selling well, which is what the detractors might say. I suspect that, after the initial wave of sales success (look at how quickly the limited silver edition sold out), they're building on it with early bundling deals, to keep the sales momentum high. The more sales you make, the more you're going to make.

The DA50/1.8 isn't an expensive lens, and the BG-5 grip was obviously a lot cheaper to make than its predecessor. Having said that, I wouldn't have minded getting in on this deal, but I acted too early. It seems the time between early adopters and early majority has shrunk somewhat.

12-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 85
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I doubt it's because it isn't selling well, which is what the detractors might say. I suspect that, after the initial wave of sales success (look at how quickly the limited silver edition sold out), they're building on it with early bundling deals, to keep the sales momentum high. The more sales you make, the more you're going to make.

The DA50/1.8 isn't an expensive lens, and the BG-5 grip was obviously a lot cheaper to make than its predecessor. Having said that, I wouldn't have minded getting in on this deal, but I acted too early. It seems the time between early adopters and early majority has shrunk somewhat.
I have a k-5II now and i am getting tempted seeing the deal. Only thing holding me back is, how much is difference between k-5II and K-3.
12-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,958
QuoteOriginally posted by trumanusa Quote
Just asking out of curiosity. why so many deals on k-3?.
MAP is set at $1299, so in order to be competitive retailers are offering bonus gear along with the camera to make it more attractive to customers.

QuoteOriginally posted by trumanusa Quote
Only thing holding me back is, how much is difference between k-5II and K-3.
The difference is pretty big in most areas; our review should sum things up pretty well for you:
Pentax K-3 Review - Introduction - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 480
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
MAP is set at $1299, so in order to be competitive retailers are offering bonus gear along with the camera to make it more attractive to customers.


Pentax K-3 Review - Introduction - PentaxForums.com
Makes sense to me. Either way I'm glad I ordered early. I need the extra time to get familiar with a new camera. Oh and Adam they (B&H) took care of me. They are an awesome company to work with!
12-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,463
I think some retailers know, that the next "Pentax dSLR" will be a "Ricoh" and they know it won't sell as well as a "Pentax" because no one really knows (or cares about Ricoh).
Naturally, retailers are trying to get as many sales and brand loyalty in place before the "crash" when Ricoh does the switch over.

Ricoh is doing it's best to put cameras in the hands people who are "along for the ride", however, Ricoh is mistaken that people think Pentax cameras "are" Ricoh cameras.

I think retailers know how much Pentax means to the people that actually buy Pentax.
Nowhere on the web do I see ANY K3 being called a "Ricoh".
If Ricoh stays true to their form, they are not happy with that.
I see Ricoh forcing the issue in the coming months/year.

So if I was a retailer, I too would be trying to sell as much gear as possible before the "brand" Pentax disappears.
The few people who think that Pentax doesn't matter will be the only ones who are going to buy Ricoh cameras.

When that happens, Ricoh will scratch their heads and wonder why their sales have tanked.
As a retailer, you don't want to be caught in a marketing misstep.

I think Ricoh is about to embark on such a misstep in 2014.

12-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Calif
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,535
The other reason that the K3 has not received a warm response is that the market was expecting a full frame from Pentax (nee...Ricoh) and not another APS-C based camera....
12-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,123
QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
The other reason that the K3 has not received a warm response is that the market was expecting a full frame from Pentax (nee...Ricoh) and not another APS-C based camera....
How many sales constitute a "warm" response? Have we actually seen any sales figures yet, aside from the sold-out limited production silver edition? Admittedly, I haven't seen a press release from Pentax, saying that sales had exceeded their expectations, like Sony did with the A7, but they don't seem to be masters of hyperbole, either.
12-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Site Supporter
ToyTank's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 675
Edit:

Out of context post meant for other thread

Last edited by ToyTank; 12-25-2013 at 09:28 PM.
12-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
Veteran Member
dankoBanana's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 535
SO. anyone coming from the USA to EU willing to get me this?
12-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 123
I jumped on it today

I was a little disappointed to see that I missed the sale with the free grip last week or whenever it was. I was thinking of getting the deal with the 50/1.8 and selling it to purchase the grip, but they are not selling for much on ebay right now. Today I was on B&H checking to see if the grip was in stock yet, and it finally was. Time to get my K-3. Then I notice the red fine print where it says $400 and something value for the free stuff, I said whaaat? Wait a minute, free 50/1.8 AND Grip, I'm not missing it this time. Now I'm glad I waited. I paid full retail ($1599.00) for my K-5 body at the semi-local Pentax dealer, so nice to get a bit of a break for a change.
12-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,958
You got it just in time- it looks like they just pulled the free grip offer and now it's back to being just the camera & lens. Still not bad, but hey, can't complain about a free grip!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,472
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I think some retailers know, that the next "Pentax dSLR" will be a "Ricoh" and they know it won't sell as well as a "Pentax" because no one really knows (or cares about Ricoh).
Naturally, retailers are trying to get as many sales and brand loyalty in place before the "crash" when Ricoh does the switch over.

Ricoh is doing it's best to put cameras in the hands people who are "along for the ride", however, Ricoh is mistaken that people think Pentax cameras "are" Ricoh cameras.

I think retailers know how much Pentax means to the people that actually buy Pentax.
Nowhere on the web do I see ANY K3 being called a "Ricoh".
If Ricoh stays true to their form, they are not happy with that.
I see Ricoh forcing the issue in the coming months/year.

So if I was a retailer, I too would be trying to sell as much gear as possible before the "brand" Pentax disappears.
The few people who think that Pentax doesn't matter will be the only ones who are going to buy Ricoh cameras.

When that happens, Ricoh will scratch their heads and wonder why their sales have tanked.
As a retailer, you don't want to be caught in a marketing misstep.

I think Ricoh is about to embark on such a misstep in 2014.
That isn't Ricoh's historical behavior in Office Machines and I don't believe they will do it in cameras unless the Pentax name is so tarnished outside our circle that a new name would actually help sell cameras (which is actually possible).

IMHO the small RICOH on the back is consistent with what they have done with every brand they have acquired. I believe as they flesh out the two brands product placement decisions will be made, but mirrored DSLR's will be Pentax cameras.

For retailers to "know" something that big they'd also have to "know" not to tell, and be party to the conspiracy, and of course be party to the rule that the larger a conspiracy is the easier it is to keep secret because revealing it isn't revealing anything.

So I guess we're all now parties to the conspiracy, buying our K3"s while they only have Ricoh on the back - before it is too late and they Ricoh'ed on the front.

Ah, well, PentaxIsDoomed anyway.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
card, k-3, k-3 w/grip w/da, pentax deals, w/sdhc card
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax k10d w/ DA 18-55, holster case, sd card and option for grip - $240 vagrant10 Sold Items 2 10-12-2012 06:45 AM
For Sale - Sold: K20D (w/grip), FA 31/1.8, FA 50/1.4, DA 70/2.4, DA 16-45/4 (North America) CherryO Sold Items 15 03-24-2011 11:40 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K-7 w/ grip, FA 50mm f/1.4, DA 50-200, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Sigma flash Kazy Sold Items 8 11-11-2010 02:22 AM
For Sale - Sold: In EU (ships W/W): M 35/2.0, A 50/1.7, K 135/2.5, M 50/1.4 jensm Sold Items 4 12-01-2008 01:15 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top