Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ran across on craigslist - half dozen takumar lenses and an m42 body
Posted By: narual, 12-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Hope this is OK to post here and of interest to someone. Just ran across this while poking around on the closest non-local craigslist to me.

Pentax SLR Film Camera & Lots of lenses - great for students!

The price is listed as $500, and
it's an H3 body (m42 mount) with 6 takumar lenses -- 50 1.4, 28 3.5, 35 3.5, 20 4.5, 135 3.5, and 200 4

No idea if that's actually a good deal or not, but it was a nice surprise… I never see much pentax stuff for sale up here.

The photo on the ad shows a 7th lens on the camera, one that looks like a pancake, but the image isn't big enough to show what it is and no idea if it's actually included or not.
Views: 923
12-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice set!

Price seems a little on the high side to me... I don't really know the going rates for the individual items, but I've owned all those (except the 20mm) and didn't pay more than $100 for everything. If you searched around for good deals, you'd probably be able to pick up everything for a lower price... most of the lenses are fairly common with the exception of the 20mm.

That being said, it is a nice lot for someone like a student that needs a nice camera and doesn't have time to scour eBay and other various places to purchase individual items.
12-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The price you can barter for old lenses on craigslist can fluctuate a lot. It all depends on the condition and how desperate the person is to sell the item. That price seems a bit high for the lot, but not a total ripoff. The 20mm is the rare bird, internet pricing from that certain online auction house is around 160 dollars. it depends on which super tak 50/1.4, there were several and from what i heard the first 8 element version is the best and they run for around 100 dollars for the 8 element version. of course you can get lucky and snag one cheaper but most craiglisters now are at least smart enough to check at least internet pricing. That being said, I don't think there was a bad super tak. Super taks were compared to leica in those days and while I only have a super tak 55/1.8 and 28/3.5 both are beautiful rendering jewels of lenses.