Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

K3(Body Only) at From Amazon itself $1059
Posted By: danny09, 01-15-2014, 12:16 AM

Amazon.com: Pentax K-3 Pentax SLR 24MP SLR Camera with 3.2-Inch TFT LCD- Body Only: Camera & Photo
Has Ricoh dropped MAP prices?Amazon itself seems to be crossing swords with Ricoh Imaging on MAP

Views: 6,836
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Nice! Let us know what you think of it. I will most likely be getting one by April. Hopefully the price will come down a little more by then.
I will definitely report back, and the price probably will come down more by April. I was going to buy the K-5 IIs for $700, but then the K-3's price dropped so close to $1K that I had to give it serious thought. I feel that for what you get with the K-3, though, that anywhere near $1K or lower is a steal.

---------- Post added 02-27-14 at 12:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Great! HOw many days ago was this? You got a great deal on K3
Feb 22, 2014.

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Hope you get one sooner. The problem is once the K3 comes your entire Computing Setup(Laptop/PC/iWhatever) would need an upgrade to deal with the K3's huge files
Photography suddenly looks like a money pit
I'm lucky that my desktop PC is already equipped to handle large image files. I built it (myself) to be able to do pro video editing, handling the huge video files from my Canon XF100 and the Adobe Production Premium CS6 suite I had to buy when I started film school in fall 2012. So, I have multiple large capacity internal hard drives, 16gb RAM, 8 core AMD processor with water cooling, plus case fans, an external hard drive, and Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft SkyDrive/OneDrive online storage accounts. Plus, I back up to DVDs and have a Blu-Ray player/burner that can burn double layer DVDs as well. So, I'm good on that front already.