Posted By: Mr Bassie, 01-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Pentax 12MP Digital Camera w/ 4x Optical

Please buy these before I am tempted.

Views: 6,372
02-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
OK, @stormtech, here you go-- $199, silver version, sold by Adorama. I just bought mine. You have no excuses now:

Pentax MX1 Digital Camera - Silver 12633
Wow...that's an awesome deal. Even at $169, my open-box MX-1 still cost $184 once shipping and taxes were factored in. I had been waiting for the silver MX-1 to go below $200 but gave up.

02-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
Wow...that's an awesome deal. Even at $169, my open-box MX-1 still cost $184 once shipping and taxes were factored in. I had been waiting for the silver MX-1 to go below $200 but gave up.
But I'm sure you'll like your black MX-1 just as much and it was still $16 less than this deal. Plus the black will brass a little more easily!
02-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #33
Veteran Member

But I'm sure you'll like your black MX-1 just as much and it was still $16 less than this deal. Plus the black will brass a little more easily!
I'm sure I will. It is scheduled to be delivered today...however, last night's ice storm might be delaying delivery. Either way, I'll certainly have it for the weekend.
02-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah if I had the choice I'd definitely go for the black one... and start using some paint remover LOL

02-05-2014, 03:51 PM   #35
Veteran Member

OK, @stormtech, here you go-- $199, silver version, sold by Adorama. I just bought mine. You have no excuses now:

Pentax MX1 Digital Camera - Silver 12633

Thanks for the heads up!

But......I know it's only been a couple days, but I have since had something else catch my eye.......a rifle that I am now saving up for. At least it is still something I can shoot with!
02-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Are they preparing a replacement? These cameras were going down in price very quickly recently.
02-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #37
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
Are they preparing a replacement? These cameras were going down in price very quickly recently.
It's been discontinued. This $199 retail price is the fire sale blowout.

02-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Thanks for the heads up! But......I know it's only been a couple days, but I have since had something else catch my eye.......a rifle that I am now saving up for. At least it is still something I can shoot with!
Sometimes I forget that there are other things in life to spend money on... as evidenced by my old worn-out shoes and out-of-date clothes. I know my wife would prefer that I not keep getting camera equipment! I'm still a bit worried about what she'll say when she sees the Adorama box arrive next week with the MX-1...
02-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Sometimes I forget that there are other things in life to spend money on... as evidenced by my old worn-out shoes and out-of-date clothes. I know my wife would prefer that I not keep getting camera equipment! I'm still a bit worried about what she'll say when she sees the Adorama box arrive next week with the MX-1...
Up until 1.5 years ago I just bought what I wanted. Back then I would have bought both without thinking twice about it. But now things are very different and have a very tight budget. Luckily I had amassed all the lenses that I would ever need and 2 bodies with all the accessories that I am more than happy with. With the MX-1, I have to make a choice now. Also I am working with a new concept of saving up for something instead of using credit and paying it off in a couple months - how bazaar is that?
02-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Up until 1.5 years ago I just bought what I wanted. Back then I would have bought both without thinking twice about it. But now things are very different and have a very tight budget.
Yep, I hear you on this brother. I'm the same way. Need to justify every dollar/dime of spending. A few years ago, I saw a good deal on a lens I wanted, and boom, I jumped for it. Now, after too many of those actions, my savings are depleted and I no longer have that luxury-- hence my need to wait until the cheapest possible time to buy something that I want. Of course, if I just kept my purchases to "needs" as opposed to "wants," I guess I probably shouldn't have gotten into this whole photography hobby in the first place...
02-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I tend to use the "buy one, sell another (hopefully at a small profit)" approach. I've definitely gotten to use a lot of cool and rare gear for which I could never have justified to myself the expense that way.
Ah, now my personal problem with that approach is that I am a hoarder of all things, including camera stuff. It's hard for me to sell anything unless I really need to do it. And when I finally do sell a lens, I often have seller's remorse and think hard about reacquiring it-- hence my buying the F 35-70 from you last year! But I agree, that is one way to get new stuff, is to effectively resort to trades and swaps.
02-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #42
Site Supporter

I tend to use the "buy one, sell another (hopefully at a small profit)" approach. I've definitely gotten to use a lot of cool and rare gear for which I could never have justified to myself the expense that way.
That's a good, healthy approach.
02-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I follow the same strategy. I often see something at a great price and think, "That would be fun to play with for a few months." I then often sell it at a small profit. So it amuses me at no cost.
02-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #44
Veteran Member

And when I finally do sell a lens, I often have seller's remorse and think hard about reacquiring it--
I've done that way too many times. That even came into my mind about this MX-1 - which lens could I sell that I really don't need to help cover the cost of this camera. I've had to re-purchase 3 or 4 lenses because of this over the years - won't do that again!
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Well it looks like the ice storm delayed my MX-1 a few days. But right now the FedEx site said it is enroute from the USPS office to which they handed it off (FedEx Smartpost) to my local post office. So I should definitely have it tomorrow.