Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Vintage Pentax Storefront Stickers
Posted By: jaywes, 01-29-2014, 07:55 AM

I came across these stickers on the international ebay site. I was interested but the price is quite steep for something I intend to actually use (peel and stick on my pentax gear / bags / comp / etc. Originally, I was going to put the larger one on the hood of my da* 50-135 (or future large lenses).

Pentax Logo Stickers ? Circa 1970?S | eBay

I don't know if it's worth buying. But maybe others would like it. One day left. Probably will be relisted if not sold.
Views: 1,095
01-29-2014, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

This is an example of something inexpensive that Pentax/Ricoh could make available for free or very little to Pentaxians. Cheap advertising. They could be made available through the Forum when donations are made. Same thing for Pentax caps shirts and jackets (not trying to make work for you Adam..)
01-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
I'd buy some. And it would be plastered on various things I have.
01-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jaywes Quote
I'd buy some.
Not me--too pricy. You could make your own with a colour printer and blank labels from a stationers.

01-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
Not me--too pricy. You could make your own with a colour printer and blank labels from a stationers.
I meant I'd buy some if Pentax/Ricoh made these available now for free as a branding/marketing/advertising campaign. I posted the eBay link here b/c I did not want to pay that much.
01-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They should take a page from apple and stick one of those sheets in each camera and lens box. How many of those little white apples do you see plastered all over the place?
01-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Since the Pentax name is still used by Hoya for non-photography gear, I'm guessing it is a licensing issue that no one company wants to touch. Ether because its use on a sticker is outside of existing licensing agreements, or for fear of a lawsuit.

It would be easy for a small operator to make up a batch and sell them as "reproductions" on ebay, though. Nobody would sue you over that. You might get a cease and desist letter.
01-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I dont believe it is the right size to cover the Ricoh signage on the K3

02-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
Even if I like a brand, I don't like to provide free advertising for it. I've replaced all my gaudy advertistraps with generics. Speaking of which, I really like the Op/techs. Made in USA!