Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

K-5IIs $697 at Adorama (special price)
Posted By: stormtech, 02-17-2014, 09:26 AM

Adorama special - K-5IIs including Tiffen Essentials Software & Class on Demand Black Card

Free Shipping plus 4% reward

Pentax K-5 IIs Digital SLR Camera Body 12050

Views: 5,327
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
I know it sucks....but UK has always been a 'Tax Tax Tax' land!!!
I remember reading about some strong disagreements with these policies about 240 years ago....

Saw it was back to almost $800 earlier today and now it's back to the $697...

---------- Post added 02-18-14 at 03:58 PM ----------

And it's back to $797...

02-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
And it's back to $797...
Still $697 as of 4:30 PM ET if you click on the link in the OP. If you do a search on Adorama's site for K-5 IIS, it shows up as $797 though. So this must be a secret, email link-only deal.
02-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Still $697 as of 4:30 PM ET if you click on the link in the OP. If you do a search on Adorama's site for K-5 IIS, it shows up as $797 though. So this must be a secret, email link-only deal.
You're right! I wonder how long it stays that way.
02-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #34

Photos: Gallery
You're right! I wonder how long it stays that way.
I just need it to stay where it is for a couple of more days. Hopefully it will since it's a private sale available only to those who have the direct link to the page. A direct deposit is on its way to me, and I'm looking to replace my K-5 (and the 40mm Ltd lens that was on it) that was stolen by my druggie cousin.

02-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #35
Veteran Member

The more I read the rave reviews of the faster, more accurate autofocus capabilities, particularly in low light, the more tempted I am to just grab one and deal with selling the K-5 later.
02-19-2014, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Price went up about $100, but I called and they honored the sale price. If you're teetering, should probably call today.
02-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Price went up about $100, but I called and they honored the sale price. If you're teetering, should probably call today.
congrats on the new cameras!! (both the K-5IIS and your MX-1)

02-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
congrats on the new cameras!! (both the K-5IIS and your MX-1)

Thanks! I'm pretty pumped to see how the improved AF system works and the filterless sensor compares to the K-5. The MX-1 was primarily for my wife to have a camera while I'm at school and she just doesn't have much interest right now in trying to master or even take advantage of the capabilities of a DSLR, and even anything more than the green/automatic mode on the MX-1.
02-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #39

Thanks for the head's up! I called them and they honored the sale price for me, as well. Now, to hunt down a used lens that will do it justice.
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #40
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I opened their web site this morning, the sale price was gone. But now it looks like it's back again!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
When I opened their web site this morning, the sale price was gone. But now it looks like it's back again!
Weird, I wonder if the inquires dramatically dropped off for the short period time the price was back up?
02-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well, I'm sure they know by now that it's hard to move the camera for $799. I'd do my best to clear stock at this point if I were them.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NiftyFifty Quote
Thanks for the head's up! I called them and they honored the sale price for me, as well. Now, to hunt down a used lens that will do it justice.
Good for Adoroma, they get a +1 from me.
02-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was undecided between getting this camera to replace my K5 or the Sigma 35mm F1.4... finally ended up getting both. Can hardly wait for the camera to arrive to see what the increased resolution makes from the Sigma lens Also I discovered that I like to shoot in low light places like pubs, so the improved AF will come handy... main reason to go for the K5IIs for me.
02-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
I was undecided between getting this camera to replace my K5 or the Sigma 35mm F1.4... finally ended up getting both. Can hardly wait for the camera to arrive to see what the increased resolution makes from the Sigma lens Also I discovered that I like to shoot in low light places like pubs, so the improved AF will come handy... main reason to go for the K5IIs for me.
You'll love the 35mm. Killer combo!

Adam