Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Pentax K-3 w/ FREE grip + 50mm lens is back!
Posted By: Adam, 02-20-2014, 01:31 PM

B&H has just modified their Pentax K-3 kit to include a free grip, 50mm lens, and a 32gb memory card.

Here it is:
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530 B&H Photo Video

Views: 11,341
02-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow - B&H just keeps the deals coming!
02-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam!
Well it looks like BHPhotovideo is an 'either or' deal i.e K3+50mm+32gb card or k3+Grip+32gb card.
Did I understand it right? If true this may be 'another' deal but not a deal that is 'back'
02-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Thanks Adam!
Well it looks like BHPhotovideo is an 'either or' deal i.e K3+50mm+32gb card or k3+Grip+32gb card.
Did I understand it right? If true this may be 'another' deal but not a deal that is 'back'
No double-dipping this time, but the free grip is worth more FWIW.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-20-2014, 02:45 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter

Not quiet a deal at all IMHO

I see that all items bought separately from Amazon combined into 1 order totals to less than B & H price. (excluding tax). I am pretty sure B & H can do better than this. Agree to 4% rewards cutting it down a little (if and when that arrives. I never not got that 4% on the 3 items I ordered) but not a compelling difference.

Last edited by shardulm; 11-14-2016 at 01:07 PM.
02-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
Pentaxian

K-3 drop in price pace is much faster than K-5....

Bought my K5 6 months after it launch, at about $1250, and buy the grip at $200. ouch! Only 4 months K-3 launch and we have so many deals!
02-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
I see that all items bought separately from Amazon combined into 1 order totals to less than B & H price. (excluding tax). I am pretty sure B & H can do better than this. Agree to 4% rewards cut it down even a little (if and when that comes. I never not get that 4% on 3 items I ordered) but not a compelling difference.
The camera is from Sunset Electronics - 3rd party seller. Gray market? Full warranty? Authorized dealer?
The grip is from Brand Variety - same questions......
02-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
The camera is from Sunset Electronics - 3rd party seller. Gray market? Full warranty? Authorized dealer?
The grip is from Brand Variety - same questions......

Pentax honored warranty on my K-5ii bought from overstock.com, the deal (that included 18-135 kit lens) that they messed up with by not sending the lens but body only. They only care about the purchase date, it seems.

02-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Pentax honored warranty on my K-5ii bought from overstock.com, the deal (that included 18-135 kit lens) that they messed up with by not sending the lens but body only. They only care about the purchase date, it seems.
Thank you! Good to know thats how it turned out. Does that mean a lot of those sellers on Amazon arent selling 'Grey Market' stuff then? As in Ricoh Imaging NOrth America is honoring warranty when bought from them?

---------- Post added 02-20-14 at 02:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
No double-dipping this time, but the free grip is worth more FWIW.
Too bad it is not K3+50mm lens+BG5 Grip+32 GB card Now 'that' would be a great deal

---------- Post added 02-20-14 at 02:04 PM ----------

The K3+18-135 prices on BHPhotovideo are much higher than comparable APSC flagship camera Nikon D7100+18-140 Nikon D7100 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm VR DX Lens 13302 B&H Photo
K3+Lens kit is a whopping $1646 vs $1296 for D7100 +Lens kit :O Pentax would have to let BHPhotoVideo sell the kit for less!

Last edited by danny09; 02-20-2014 at 03:05 PM.
02-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
Site Supporter

I see that all items bought separately from Amazon combined into 1 order totals to less than B & H price. (excluding tax). I am pretty sure B & H can do better than this. Agree to 4% rewards cutting it down a little (if and when that arrives. I never not got that 4% on the 3 items I ordered) but not a compelling difference.
Sunset Electronics is NOT listed on the Penta/Ricoh web site as an authorized dealer. FWIW, do not know how warranty applies, if any, and good luck.
02-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Sunset Electronics is NOT listed on the Penta/Ricoh web site as an authorized dealer. FWIW, do not know how warranty applies, if any, and good luck.

Is overstock.com listed on Pentax/Ricoh website as an AD? Probably not.
02-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #12
Pentaxian

This posted a day after I ordered a K-5 IIs, but I don't think I could have convinced the wife on the additional $600.
02-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Unless you're in NY B&H will not charge you tax, whereas Amazon charges tax for most destinations/sellers.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Is overstock.com listed on Pentax/Ricoh website as an AD? Probably not.
No. I checked for all the usual Amazon Reseller suspects. Amazon itself is AD but not their partners--except B&H, Adorama and Ace, of course. You can check yourself on the Pentax site on Find a Dealer tab. The Amazon selling status is headlined on the first page.
02-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
No. I checked for all the usual Amazon Reseller suspects. Amazon itself is AD but not their partners--except B&H, Adorama and Ace, of course. You can check yourself on the Pentax site on Find a Dealer tab. The Amazon selling status is headlined on the first page.
So overstock.com is not on their AD list but they still honored the warranty. Strange? I think it only indicates Pentax's confidence in their product and their customer service. (Gray or white market, AD or non-AD. They did not find excuse to deny the warranty service and I find it commendable. It has only greatly increased my confidence in their product line.)