Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Topaz DeNoise - 50% off Coupon!
Posted By: Adam, 03-11-2014, 05:19 AM

Finally, Topaz is running a special on their DeNoise plugin, one of my favorite noise reduction tools for when the simple methods don't cut it.

Click here to head over to the Topaz Store, then enter to coupon code "mardenoise" and get it for just $39.99 (50% off)!

Don't miss our in-depth review here:

Topaz DeNoise 5 Review - About Topaz DeNoise - PentaxForums.com
Views: 3,117
03-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #2

Am I reading the spec right for DeNoise that it's not compatible with Lightroom 5?
03-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use it with LR5. You may have to download Fusion Express from the Topaz site.
From the linked article:
QuoteQuote:
Topaz DeNoise cannot be used as a standalone application but must must be launched from inside another photo editing program. It works with Photoshop, Lightroom (see our review), Aperture, iPhoto, Paint Shop Pro, Photo Impact, Irfanview, and other applications that support Photoshop plug-ins.

Read more at: Topaz DeNoise 5 Review - About Topaz DeNoise - PentaxForums.com
03-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #4

I looked at the Topaz site on denoise specs and got
Name:  denoise.JPG
Views: 905
Size:  32.2 KB

I just read that last line as version 2-4 of LR with Fusion express

If people say it works, I will consider it. I have to remove A LOT of noise with these indoor volleyball pictures.

03-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

That was likely written before LR 5 came out. The same copy of Denoise I had before I upgraded to LR5 from 3.6 works just as it always did.
03-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I tried the free trial version. It does seem to be just as destructive as most other programs out there.
03-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Forum Member

This plug in Works with Lightroom 5.3?

03-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
Veteran Member

It works with 5.3.

IMHO (and I bought it last time there was a special) DeNoise isn't any better than what you can do in Lightroom. Also very clunky interface. I almost never use it.
03-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The full list of supported software is pretty and can be found on the topaz site. If you're running a recent version of PS or LR you should be good to go

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I just downloaded the trial. For LR5 you do need their intermediary software "Fusion", but the software works.
The first image I tried it just turned to mush.
Yet for another image I used, it actually pulled out details I could not see through the noise. It did a great job on about 80% of the image. (so-so on the rest... but over all, better than LR could do)

It would be nice if it had more localized controls rather than all-or-nothing for the entire image. Plus I normally don't see much use beyond what LR5 can do. But for the discounted price DeNoise may be worth my keeping around for those extra difficult cases. As a PS plugin, I can certainly mask out nasty-plasticy bits.
03-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This deal is still on through 3/31 for those who are interested. Remember you can try before you buy for free

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Also very clunky interface. I almost never use it.
I stand slightly corrected. I just updated my v5 DeNoise to v5.1, and they have improved the user interface and performance of the plugin a tad. It is a bit more friendly to use now.
03-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Deal ends tomorrow FYI- don't miss the sale as it won't be back again this year.

Adam

03-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #14
Forum Member

I bought it to use in Paint Shop Pro X6 and it works. I noticed you can even use it in Irfanview! So now i hope that next month they can give us a deal on Adjust.
03-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

You can accomplish, essentially, the same thing in LR5, but DeNoise simplifies it so much that it's well worth the price.