Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

B&H phone order for 55-300 HD WR for $379
Posted By: jpsassy1965, 03-31-2014, 11:32 AM

I just bought a 55-300 HD WR lens for $379 at B&H. You have to phone in your order to get that price. Call and follow the prompt to the pro dept as I don't think any one else knows about it.
Views: 1,935
04-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #16
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
Hi mee,

If I were you, I wouldn't get too frustrated. Your original question about it said "or do you have to give them payment info over an unsecured phone line?" And a poster or two tried to correct what appeared to be your misconception. Now maybe you just typed it funny, but still - no need to get bent out of shape, as you say they are just trying to help.
Thanks. I'm quite calm. I understand you and most folks here are trying to be friendly/helpful and so am I. I mean, I wasn't intending to ruffle feathers, but my comments were worded correctly -- I stand by them; I understand both systems and the limitations behind them.

I think, the real issue here is, everyone gets too comfortable with one another on these forums. They think, then, that everything is debatable.

04-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
do they have deals like this on anything wider?
04-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ClinchShots Quote
do they have deals like this on anything wider?
I just saw an ad that said they had a phone deal for a 18-135, Don't know the price because you have to call in to get it. Regular price is $497.
04-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #19
Veteran Member

wider than 18mm

but I'm kinda intrigued to see how much that lens is

04-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Phone prices are lower on many items sold at MAP online, like the DA*'s too.
Seems kinda backwards. You would think the sales channel that requires the least personnel costs would be cheapest.
04-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Seems kinda backwards. You would think the sales channel that requires the least personnel costs would be cheapest.
When you buy it they try and put the sales whammy on you to buy ever conceivable thing in the world such as filters, cases...etc.
04-04-2014, 05:49 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
There are many manufacturers that maintain a MAP (minimum advertised price) policy - this is not limited to Pentax or the camera industry. But the retailers are allowed to make deals when you are in the store in person or on the phone. The have to stick to the manufacturers pricing with anything shown on their website or sales flyers.

QuoteOriginally posted by jpsassy1965 Quote
When you buy it they try and put the sales whammy on you to buy ever conceivable thing in the world such as filters, cases...etc.
I guess you've never dealt with B&H - while there are many shoddy retailers out there that do this, I have never had it from B&H. Could you give us an example?
04-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #23
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
There are many manufacturers that maintain a MAP (minimum advertised price) policy - this is not limited to Pentax or the camera industry. But the retailers are allowed to make deals when you are in the store in person or on the phone. The have to stick to the manufacturers pricing with anything shown on their website or sales flyers.

I guess you've never dealt with B&H - while there are many shoddy retailers out there that do this, I have never had it from B&H. Could you give us an example?
Wow, sounds like you are accusing me of lying. I have bought my K-3, K-5 II and 3 lenses from B&H. Have you ever bought anything over the phone from them? I did not say that it was a hard sale. I have always had great customer service from B&H. Sorry my experience wasn't like yours.

04-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpsassy1965 Quote
Wow, sounds like you are accusing me of lying. I have bought my K-3, K-5 II and 3 lenses from B&H. Have you ever bought anything over the phone from them? I did not say that it was a hard sale. I have always had great customer service from B&H. Sorry my experience wasn't like yours.
Sorry - I'm not accusing you of anything. I guess my wording could be taken that way? Let me try again -

Yes, I have bought a lot from B&H from their website, and a couple times over the phone. Over the phone I never had a salesman give a push toward anything - just very courteous service.

Your original statement is this:

QuoteQuote:
Since this thread is about calling in to B&H, I assumed that was your experience with calling into B&H.