Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Amazon has two ZK 85/F1.4 lenses...
Posted By: subidoc, 04-14-2014, 06:11 AM

For those of you with the itch, there appear to be a couple of Zeiss 85mm ZK lenses available on Amazon. Don't ask me how I found out ( I really don't know how I landed on the page, seriously), but if someone decides to get one from here (think beaucoup $$$$), then Viola... C'est la vie!

Amazon.com : Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZK Planar T* Manual Focus Lens for Pentax K-Mount Cameras : Slr Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

(Of course, there may be other links I missed....)

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with that link.
Views: 2,021
04-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by subidoc Quote
For those of you with the itch, there appear to be a couple of Zeiss 85mm ZK lenses available on Amazon. Don't ask me how I found out ( I really don't know how I landed on the page, seriously), but if someone decides to get one from here (think beaucoup $$$$), then Viola... C'est la vie!

Amazon.com : Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZK Planar T* Manual Focus Lens for Pentax K-Mount Cameras : Slr Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

(Of course, there may be other links I missed....)

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with that link.
Interesting price: I had bought mine at about the same price a couple of years ago (maybe even a bit more than that).
It is indeed one nice piece of "glass" ... heavy though, but splendid build.
I don't have affiliation with Amazon/Zeiss either, so you know.

JP
04-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nice find considering that Zeiss seems to be done supporting the K-mount. Those were some really sharp lenses...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sharp indeed. This is probably either new old stock, or old stock that has been bought and returned for whatever reason. They have not been in production for quite a few years now...

04-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Nice find. For anyone interested, I would double check that this is the Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm f1.4 ZK with automatic aperture. I cannot be sure for the K-mount, but I know that there are two ZK85mm lenses for Nikon mount: ZF without automatic aperture and ZF.2 with auto aperture.

User reviews of the lens are at: Carl Zeiss 85mm F1.4 Planar ZK T* Lens Reviews - Carl Zeiss Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database.

As indicated by JP, the lens is really nice, solid and heavy. (It is also MF which may deter some.)

Hope that the comment will help.
04-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Nice find. For anyone interested, I would double check that this is the Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm f1.4 ZK with automatic aperture.
Well the picture shows the A ring setting. If it's not the KA, then they would need to accept a return, as this is how it's being advertised.

So I did a search on Amazon for Zeiss ZK, and this isn't the only lens that is available. This list of available lenses is:

From vendor "Ace Photo":
- Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZK Planar T* Manual Focus Lens for Pentax K-Mount Cameras - 2 units - 1,299.00
- Zeiss Macro 50mm f/2 ZK Makro-Planar T* Manual Focus Lens for Pentax K-Mount Cameras - 1 in stock for 1,299.00, also one used for 969.00
- Zeiss Ikon 100mm f/2.0 Makro-Planar T* Manual Focus ZK Series Lens for Pentax K-Mount SLR Cameras - 1 unit - 1,899.00
- Zeiss 28mm f/2.0 Distagon T* ZK Series Manual Focus Lens for Pentax K-Mount Cameras - 1 unit - 1,299.00

From vendor in Japan:
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T * 2/35 ZK (Pentax KA) - says "In Stock" so they must have several. 1,062.00, several new from other vendors, from 927.52
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T * 2.8/25 ZK (Pentax KA) - says "In Stock" also - 1,059.40, several new from other vendors from 849.00
- Carl Zeiss Planar T * 1.4/85 ZK (Pentax KA) - says "In Stock", seems the same as the Ace Photo lens. Featured price is 1611.70 but there's other Japanese vendors starting at 1144.50.

Plenty of Zeiss goodness in PK format right now, for those among us who have the means to buy these things