Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Adorama: K-3 with free 50mm, SD card, and battery grip or flucard
Posted By: Adam, 04-22-2014, 03:02 PM

Adorama has a few new exciting bundles on the K-3, though they're buried deep on the product page.

To take advantage of over $450 in freebies, visit the K-3 page:
Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body 15530

From there, click on the link below "Buy Together and Save" (save up to $455.90 with bundle), and pick one of the following kits:
  • Pentax 50mm F1.8 + SanDisk 32Gb SD + Pentax FluCard ($0.00)
  • Pentax 50mm F1.8 + SanDisk 32Gb SD + Pentax D-BG5 grip ($0.00)

Adorama doesn't let you double-dip on bundle deals. If you don't care for these particular freebies, B&H is currently offering the K-3 with a free Pentax 540 flash and additional bundle savings.
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530 B&H Photo Video

From there you can bundle the following Pentax lenses at reduced prices:
  • 50mm F1.8 ($116.95)
  • 18-270mm ($496.95)
  • 50mm F2.8 Macro ($446.95)
  • 10-17mm Fisheye ($446.95)
  • 35mm F2.4 ($146.95)
+4% rewards

Happy K-3-buying
Views: 6,007
04-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
son of a B....the deal with the grip was what I was looking for , but I'm impatient and bought the BH deal with the AF540 last week. I'm trying to sell the flash to get the grip and use the left over cash to put back on the camera. Bummer.
04-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

for those of us with plenty of SD Cards and a good stable of lenses already, a [Grip+FluCard+Pentax Ex Warranty+Extra Battery] would be really tempting. There's a glut of 50mm lenses around, trying to sell seems more hassle than worth and you won't recoup the "value."

maybe a little birdie can whisper this idea to B&H/Adorama?
04-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
for those of us with plenty of SD Cards and a good stable of lenses already, a [Grip+FluCard+Pentax Ex Warranty+Extra Battery] would be really tempting. There's a glut of 50mm lenses around, trying to sell seems more hassle than worth and you won't recoup the "value."

maybe a little birdie can whisper this idea to B&H/Adorama?
Perhaps B&H and Adorama have a glut of these lenses (and flash) too?

04-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope they don't offer the same bundle with the silver K-3, or I'm in trouble.
04-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bear Quote
son of a B....the deal with the grip was what I was looking for , but I'm impatient and bought the BH deal with the AF540 last week. I'm trying to sell the flash to get the grip and use the left over cash to put back on the camera. Bummer.
You should be able to sell the flash for more than the grip costs new. Good luck!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Already on it, my dude. I put the flash up in the marketplace on Sunday...just waiting for a bite now.

04-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Dang. If only I were in the market.
04-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bear Quote
son of a B....the deal with the grip was what I was looking for , but I'm impatient and bought the BH deal with the AF540 last week.
Pity. Adorama has been offering the grip + 50/1.8 + card deal for some time, though it was not very obvious how to take advantage of it. I got mine about a week ago. Now, it they will only send me my DA 50/1.8! Apparently they are on deep backorder from somewhere.

Steve

---------- Post added 04-22-14 at 07:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
I don't know about the flash, but Adorama has been backordered on the DA 50/1.8 for several weeks.

Steve
04-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
I think the strategy is similar to video game console makers.. where they force retailers to a minimum price, so the vendor's 'loophole' is to bundle more goodies to make the offer look better... basically, they are trying to keep the price of the consoles (or camera body in this case) higher while retailers are trying to make the price look more attractive. At least that is my guess... the 50mm lens surely isn't FREE as indicated in the subject.. otherwise where is the end of the line so I can join?
04-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I understand the thinking, but I'm not sure the K3 demographic is the same as a PS4. I have to believe there is a large segment of photographers out there that have accumulated a decent bag of lenses and really only need the camera body and grip.

I guess the upside is, as long as the price stays at around 1200-1300 I feel no urgency to purchase and can wait until Photokina and see what happens then.

I also think once the summer travel season kicks in in mid June, it will be a little late to get people to upgrade because they've spent money on plane tickets etc.

It will be interesting to see what kind of quandary we will face if a Pentax FF is announced at around 2k and the K3 with grip drops to about 1k.
04-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wooow, If I could buy K-3 for U$900, Iīd do it. But itīs too much money even with the "freebies".
04-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #13

$900 is about right....

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
wooow, If I could buy K-3 for U$900, Iīd do it. But itīs too much money even with the "freebies".
My feelings too. I have purchased too many cameras and lenses only to see the price drop later, sometimes quite a bit. I would imagine the initial rush to purchase is over and it is only time before the real deals appear. I also have a Fuji setup that needs rounding out so whoever drops first gets my money. I have the luxury of too much gear already to need to buy full price ever again, no matter what the new bells and whistles...
04-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by djc737 Quote
My feelings too. I have purchased too many cameras and lenses only to see the price drop later, sometimes quite a bit. I would imagine the initial rush to purchase is over and it is only time before the real deals appear. I also have a Fuji setup that needs rounding out so whoever drops first gets my money. I have the luxury of too much gear already to need to buy full price ever again, no matter what the new bells and whistles...
Very wise thinking. Also consider that thereīs a small window between better price on the newer product and the worst reselling price of your current product. I donīt have that much gear or money so I am very careful with reselling prices and offers
04-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #15

Yes, best time is when you time your sale right before the announcement of the next replacement. I have lucked out a few times but when prices drop too much, my kids and now grand kids get some nice camera gear for free. My 7 year old granddaughter has my Oly EPL1 with kit lenses and does them fine for her age.