Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax ending soon on eBay, No Reserve
Posted By: Edgar_in_Indy, 04-24-2014, 03:04 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I just noticed that somebody has a Sigma 85mm 1.4 for K-mount on eBay ending in a few hours. Second-hand copies of this lens in K-mount come up for sale very rarely. Searching the marketplace, it looks like in the last two years there have only been two or three listed for sale.

Sigma 85 mm F 1 4 HSM EX DG Lens for Pentax 085126320614 | eBay

I'm guessing that most people who have one tend to hold onto it. I know I'll never let mine go! It is easily my favorite lens, and from what I've seen it is a legitimate contender to the legendary Pentax 85mm 1.4. It captures skin tone and texture like no other lens I've ever used.

it seems like the few used copies that have come up usually go for $700-$800 shipped. Finding one on eBay as no-reserve auction is also unusual, and probably won't happen again anytime soon. There's 4 hours left as I post this, and it's only at $500, so maybe somebody will get lucky.

BTW, it looks like the seller ships only in the US.

Here are a few samples from my Sigma 85mm so you can see what I'm talking about. The first picture is a snapshot from last summer of one of my daughters playing in the sprinkler in our yard. The other three pictures are kids from church. All of the pictures were taken with natural light, with absolutely no kind of lighting equipment or modifiers. I've linked to the full-size shots so you can pixel-peep them to see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 04-24-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Views: 3,302
05-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mrbrightside Quote
I think I read a while back that some Pentax lens designers went to work for Sigma. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
That would be very interesting if true. One thing's for sure though; Sigma definitely has some talent in the design department.

05-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrbrightside Quote
I think I read a while back that some Pentax lens designers went to work for Sigma. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
Are you sure you're not thinking of Tamron? That's been rather well documented.
05-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #18

ah, ok; yes I'm thinking about Tamron.