Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K-3 $100 May Price Drop ($1199 + same free goodies)
Posted By: Adam, 05-01-2014, 12:01 AM

Pentax USA has launched a $100 instant rebate on the K-3, lowering its price to $1199.

At B&H, you still get a free AF 540 flash plus 32Gb SanDisk card:
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530 B&H Photo Video

Adorama has added a free FluCard as well as free 2-day shipping for $1199:
Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body 15530

Views: 2,511
05-01-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Of course, just hours after I ordered one! Well, maybe they won't process it until morning...
05-01-2014, 12:20 AM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
Of course, just hours after I ordered one! Well, maybe they won't process it until morning...
E-mail B&H and they will refund you the difference in price. They have a 30-day price guarantee.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-01-2014, 04:23 AM   #4
Kiwi Pentaxian

This is very good news - I am in central Manhattan today, and I am going to be doing some long planned camera shopping

05-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Pentaxian

freebie is gone from B&H...
05-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #6
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
reebie is gone from B&H...
I have just been there (and purchased some kit) - they will do a deal if you ask
05-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #7

I had the bundle up this morning on the web page with the flash and $100 off. Went to check out a few minutes ago and the bundle was gone- just the camera showed up in the cart. Talked to them just now and he said all they could do was the body and a 32gb card. He said the flash was an bundled package from Pentax that is no longer available.
05-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Too bad they won't offer it for even less without the free goodies.

05-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like K-3 freebies are gone. I'm on the phone with B&H to see if anything can be done

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
B&H may be able to add a lens to the kit next week, will keep you guys posted.

In the mean time, Adorama has added a free FluCard and 2-day shipping to the K-3 deal:
Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body 15530

Adam

05-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
E-mail B&H and they will refund you the difference in price. They have a 30-day price guarantee.
Thanks, Adam - I'll do that!

On the plus side, it looks like I was the last person to get the bundle deal with 540 flash and 32GB card. Not bad either way.

Last edited by OregonJim; 05-01-2014 at 01:52 PM.
05-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
On the plus side, it looks like I was the last person to get the bundle deal with 540 flash and 32GB card. Not bad either way.
They might ask for the freebies back since the new price doesn't include them- but it's worth a shot to ask!

Adam

05-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #13

Adam since you seem to have the inside knowledge... Do you know if the $100 discount is good for the whole month of May? It seems that the deals/combos are actually provided by Pentax from what B&H has said on the phone, and B&H sometimes also add their own extras to the mix. Missed the grip combo 2 months ago by waiting to the first and now the flash, same thing. Already have a K-3 and love it, maybe too much, but need to send it in for calibration. My goal is to save up for the Sigma 500 f/4.5 but think it is worth the wait to save some more and pick up a second body first and have my existing K-3 calibrated then pick up the Sigma. Thanks for any information you can provide on how long the discount may last!
05-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They might ask for the freebies back since the new price doesn't include them- but it's worth a shot to ask!
They were very nice - they already shipped the freebies, AND they refunded me $100. Outstanding customer service, B&H!
05-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cold Iron Quote
Adam since you seem to have the inside knowledge... Do you know if the $100 discount is good for the whole month of May? It seems that the deals/combos are actually provided by Pentax from what B&H has said on the phone, and B&H sometimes also add their own extras to the mix. Missed the grip combo 2 months ago by waiting to the first and now the flash, same thing. Already have a K-3 and love it, maybe too much, but need to send it in for calibration. My goal is to save up for the Sigma 500 f/4.5 but think it is worth the wait to save some more and pick up a second body first and have my existing K-3 calibrated then pick up the Sigma. Thanks for any information you can provide on how long the discount may last!
There's no expiration date indicated, so I think it will be around at least for the whole month.

They were very nice - they already shipped the freebies, AND they refunded me $100. Outstanding customer service, B&H!
Great to hear!

Adam