Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  
Perfect Effects 8: Free
Posted By: reeftool, 05-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Anything for free always gets my interest so I'm passing this along. I just took advantage.
Perfect Effects 8 Offer – onOne Software
Views: 9,842
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
thanks for the awesome information

05-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #17

Great promotion. Thanks for the share!
05-09-2014, 01:52 AM   #18

Thank You very much...
05-10-2014, 04:06 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
It not for Linux and Darktable, sigh

05-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can work as a stand alone, though. Great program, especially if you download the extra templates.
05-11-2014, 04:52 AM   #21
Veteran Member

From the linked page:

Perfect Effects 8 Premium Edition works as a standalone application, and it seamlessly integrates with Lightroom, Aperture, Photoshop, and Photoshop® Elements.

Since I don't use any Adobe products, I downloaded it and use it as a standalone. The standalone is actually in beta test but works perfectly.
05-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Thank you! This actually is a great program. It's pretty slow to open from LR, but a combination of two effects gives me better tones that I could come up with, and in a matter of seconds.

06-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #23
Forum Member

Just grabbed it from the link.
Thanks!
06-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #24
Pentaxian

These guys have a great set of tutorials and blog posts to support their product also, which can be worth checking out...
06-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Perfect Effects Users:

You can download tons of additional effects and textures for OnOne's Perfect Effects product here: Extra effects and Textures

I eventually downloaded them all as they just show up as groups of different effects. The textures can be used as backdrops and for creating other effects.

Adding these greatly enhances what Perfect Effects can do.
06-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I down loaded and installed Perfect Effects 8 to work with Lightroom 5. I used it on some raw files that also had been processed in Lightroom 5 and didn't noticed much difference. But when I tried to move the file back into Lightroom it couldn't find LR, I had to manually search for it. After that I was doing some other things in Photoshop and discovered that the program started locking up light it was running out of memory, but that wasn't the case. I tried everything I could think of, nothing work. I finally un-installed Perfect Effects, rebooted, but that did not solved the memory problem in Photoshop. Last thing was to install the last backup of the C drive made the week before. Now everything works as before, and goodbye to Perfect Effects.

Moral of the story, make sure you do regular backups, it can sure come in handy.
06-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
I down loaded and installed Perfect Effects 8 to work with Lightroom 5. I used it on some raw files that also had been processed in Lightroom 5 and didn't noticed much difference. But when I tried to move the file back into Lightroom it couldn't find LR, I had to manually search for it. After that I was doing some other things in Photoshop and discovered that the program started locking up light it was running out of memory, but that wasn't the case. I tried everything I could think of, nothing work. I finally un-installed Perfect Effects, rebooted, but that did not solved the memory problem in Photoshop. Last thing was to install the last backup of the C drive made the week before. Now everything works as before, and goodbye to Perfect Effects.

Moral of the story, make sure you do regular backups, it can sure come in handy.
No doubt you need a serious computer to run perfect effects... that means both a powerful 4-8 core CPU with lots of memory (like 16GB) and a very decent video card, too.

What do you mean "when I tried to move the file back into Lightroom it couldn't find LR, I had to manually search for it?"

When I use perfect effects, it makes a copy of any original file so no original files are ever touched.
06-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My computer might have been the problem. I believe my system is ASUS N53SV laptop only a two core cpu with 8 GB's of ram. The video card is Nvidia GeForce GT 540M. It has fulfilled my needs with LR 5 & PS CS6, although sometimes it does run out of memory if using to many photos in a panoramas merge. That was one of the reasons I chose Pentax K-5 II when changing platforms & leaving Canon 5D full frame. In another year I might replace it with a ASUS gaming machine.