Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K-3 for U$D1060 sold by Sunset electronics - fulfilled by Amazon
Posted By: carrrlangas, 05-21-2014, 07:42 PM

Pentax K-3 for U$D1060 sold by Sunset electronics and fulfilled by Amazon: Amazon.com : Pentax K-3 Pentax SLR SLR Camera - Body Only : Slr Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo

Ive read about some problems with Sunset Electronics, but being fulfilled by Amazon, I guess everything should be ok..

Views: 1,304
05-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
Forum Member

Bought once from Sunset and took a long time to fill the order everything else was ok
05-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by tyrepeddler Quote
Bought once from Sunset and took a long time to fill the order everything else was ok
I thought it would be ok until I did a little research about non-authorized resellers.

When I saw the low price for the K-3, I clicked buy, been waiting for a while for the price to drop. I didn't think too hard about Sunset Electronics, who was selling the K-3, fulfilled by Amazon. I spoke to Ricoh/Pentax customer support today as after a little research online it wasn't clear if I had a fully warranted camera or not. They checked with 'corporate' and advised me to purchase from an authorized reseller to ensure I get warranty coverage. I plan to return the unused camera to Amazon and purchase from someone like B&H with the 2 year extended warranty. The cost savings of dealing with a non-warranty camera is not worth the risk and potential hassle to me.

BTW, it does not appear that Pentax cares that much about the serial number as they do about the store that sold it to you on the receipt. Here is the list of authorized pentax resellers:
http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/files/support/Authorized_Dealer_List_Version_2.0%203-13-14.pdf