Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K-500: $379
Posted By: Adam, 06-06-2014, 12:26 PM

The Pentax K-500 kit has just dropped to $379 at B&H. Best deal ever on a new DSLR IMO:

Pentax K-500 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens

Views: 914
06-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Best deal ever on a new DSLR IMO
I was just thinking the same thing and wondering why there isn't more buzz over this offer.
06-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Multi-coated Quote
I was just thinking the same thing and wondering why there isn't more buzz over this offer.
Probably the lack of weather sealing keeps the buzz off of this forum, but as far as we know B&H may be selling bunches of them at this price. It would sure make a nice backup when you don't need sealing.
06-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Probably the lack of weather sealing keeps the buzz off of this forum, but as far as we know B&H may be selling bunches of them at this price. It would sure make a nice backup when you don't need sealing.
None of the cameras in this market segment have weather sealing though- and TBH, most beginners probably don't need it. But you're right, if this deal were promoted by stores I'm sure it would be a hit, as it's cheaper than any competitor's offering.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
None of the cameras in this market segment have weather sealing though- and TBH, most beginners probably don't need it. But you're right, if this deal were promoted by stores I'm sure it would be a hit, as it's cheaper than any competitor's offering.
Definitely, If B&H sent out an email promotion, or if a big box store carried these and advertised this in the Sunday paper, they would blow them out the door in no time. It's almost like a secret discount, B&H does have it listed in the Father's Day Deals, but buried way down.
06-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This deal expires on June 15th (tomorrow), so don't miss out before it's gone!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
I was able to snag a great price on the dual lens kit from B&H. Sure wish I had used your click-through link though!