Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K-3 @ B&H: Now with free FLUCard and Grip
Posted By: Adam, 06-17-2014, 01:01 PM

B&H have added a free Pentax FLUCard (the one that gives you tethering) on top of the free grip that currently comes with the K-3. A great deal at $1196!

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530 B&H Photo Video

You can get an AF540 flash for just $100 more:
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body with Flash and Battery Grip Kit B&H

Views: 6,160
06-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Say Cheese Quote
Added the flash even though I believe there is a newer version coming. I don't see how I can go wrong paying $100 for that flash.
The new flash is already out, but you're right, you definitely can't go wrong paying $100 for the old 540 flash. The new one costs $629 and it's still the same basic flash, just with weather sealing and a video light (and no TTL)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-20-2014, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #17
mee
Veteran Member

They are really doing a good job of not actually lowering the price of the camera and, instead, just piling on a bunch of things you may or may not want.

Hope by Photokina we see some significant price drops on the body alone!
06-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #18
Forum Member

Any chance Adam that you can convince a major Australian pentax retailer to jump on board with the free giveaways/contribution to the pentaxforum cause?

Nudge Nudge
06-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I suspect a mirrorless k-3

Given the free goodies on the K-3 on this deal.. it makes me thin K-3 is already in the ball park of ~$750. This low a price hints something is coming... and I am thinking a mirrorless K-03 or a FF. If we talk about the FF it will be plain disappointment. So the only suspect is K-03.
Given these free goodies going with K-3 right now I am so fr***ing tempted to pull the trigger on it. But the obscured price drop on K-3 makes me really wonder whats coming in Photokina announcement if not a K-03.

06-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Given these free goodies going with K-3 right now I am so fr***ing tempted to pull the trigger on it. But the obscured price drop on K-3 makes me really wonder whats coming in Photokina announcement if not a K-03.
What would the point of removing the mirror be? Pentax would need to come up with a new, more compact mount for mirrorless to make sense.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I JUMPED on the grip and flucard deal today myself! It was a bit of a stretch but I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it. I just picked up a Metz 58AF2 earlier in the year so I really couldn't justify the flash. Should have it next Wednesday the 2nd.
06-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kkoether Quote
I JUMPED on the grip and flucard deal today myself! It was a bit of a stretch but I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it. I just picked up a Metz 58AF2 earlier in the year so I really couldn't justify the flash. Should have it next Wednesday the 2nd.
Congrats! I think the K-3 will fit your needs perfectly.

Adam

07-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Good news- it looks like this deal has been extended through July!

Adam

07-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Good news- it looks like this deal has been extended through July!
When I spoke to the sales rep at B&H about 3 weeks ago she said that the deal had no listed expiry date and that it would last as long as stocks did. Although she might have just been a peon.
07-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel Darko Quote
When I spoke to the sales rep at B&H about 3 weeks ago she said that the deal had no listed expiry date and that it would last as long as stocks did. Although she might have just been a peon.
QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel Darko Quote
Although she might have just been a peon.
You would be correct. Deals like these are set up by B&H's buyer and regulated by the distributor (Pentax), so either one of those parties could pull it whenever they want to.

For example, when the K-3 initially dropped in price from $1299 to $1199, B&H had to pull the free AF540 flash deal because Pentax's terms didn't allow it (authorized retailers are only allowed to offer so much in freebies). A few weeks later, the deal came back as a free grip after a new agreement was reached with Pentax. So ultimately, unless it's an official price drop or a manufacturer's instant rebate, it's hard to predict how long deals like these will last. But the good news is that they help keep authorized dealers afloat amidst lots of grey-market lowballers, so I guess that's good news for us consumers

Adam

07-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally bit the bullet on a great deal at B&H. Picked up the body, grip and flu card together as a package and added the 540 flash for only $100 more. A big step up from my K10D. Can't wait to learn first hand how to use all the features.
07-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lsimpkins Quote
Finally bit the bullet on a great deal at B&H. Picked up the body, grip and flu card together as a package and added the 540 flash for only $100 more. A big step up from my K10D. Can't wait to learn first hand how to use all the features.
Congrats! That's a pretty big upgrade indeed- you'll love the camera and the image quality.

Adam

07-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #28

I just bite on this deal plus the flash for $100! Really good deal!
After looked at all the review and how this K-3 improved way ahead the K-7 I had, I just have to get it! It's going to be a beast with my silver 20-40mm !
07-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #29

Photos: Albums
Close eyes

Hold breath

Ordered!

Continually reminding myself of the benefits over the K5 being worth the extra cash.

Now that I've ordered, all can expect the price to drop. Whee!
07-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #30
mee
Veteran Member

I fully expect the price to drop come Black Friday weekend. The question is can you wait that long? 4 months..