Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Cotton Carrier New Hub, Kickstarter Project
Posted By: Andi Lo, 07-17-2014, 10:27 AM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/799850493/strapshot-ev1-for-mirrorless-...-and-four-thir

Cotton Carrier is currently running a kickstarter promotion and many of their items are sold on discount through this promotion. They're trying to create a new type of hub with a reduced profile, but supposedly it will work fine on normal slrs as well.

I have been using the full vest + belt hoslter for a year now and have nothing but good things to say about it. It frees up both your hands and with the tether there's no risk of falling down. I also find the hub less intrusive than similar solutions like the Blackrapids. No problem actually putting the camera down on the table and worry about the strap dangling somewhere.

No affiliation with the company, just trying to help the project (so my order of 4 hubs will actually become reality and I dont have to switch the hubs between cameras anymore)
Views: 850
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Forum Member

Thanks for the info, Andi. I never heard of these before.
I guess the need of tripod adapter separate from the hub is a bit of a downer for me. It adds a bit of bulk to cameras, it looks like.
I love the idea of the their vest (though i'd never really want wear it on street or wedding :P).
07-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dyoon153 Quote
Thanks for the info, Andi. I never heard of these before.
I guess the need of tripod adapter separate from the hub is a bit of a downer for me. It adds a bit of bulk to cameras, it looks like.
I love the idea of the their vest (though i'd never really want wear it on street or wedding :P).
I actually wear it for weddings and have seen a couple other photographers do so. I realize it's not very stealthy, and might not be to everyone's preference, but having access to both my hands when posing or directing is quite useful for me. Although I guess they do market it more as an outdoor gear, being Canucks and all

Last edited by Andi Lo; 07-17-2014 at 12:29 PM.
07-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i think it is a great concept..i use it and only thing i don't like it the tripod limitation..if they could figure that out it would be a win win

07-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
i think it is a great concept..i use it and only thing i don't like it the tripod limitation..if they could figure that out it would be a win win
Did you take a look at this pearsaab? it's a bit big but you can still attach tripods

Cotton Carrier UNIVERSAL ADAPTER PLATE
07-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Did you take a look at this pearsaab? it's a bit big but you can still attach tripods

Cotton Carrier UNIVERSAL ADAPTER PLATE
Thanks Andie. Will have to check it out. Amy