Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Does this Adorama K-3 deal look too good to be true?
Posted By: IchabodCrane, 08-16-2014, 07:58 PM

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera with DA 18-135 WR Lens With accessory Bundle 15530 KA
Views: 11,638
08-17-2014, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
:-) Oh well. I did add to cart and then didn't bother with completing the transaction thinking the price couldn't be accurate. The price even less the DA 18-135 is not bad at all.

Stuff happens.

Last edited by Multi-coated; 08-17-2014 at 11:35 AM.
08-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
DISCLAIMER
Please note: We cannot be held responsible for any typographical errors.
This was on the confirmation email. With references to DA18-135 WR in the title of the product and in description of the product, I don't see how it could constitute as a typographical error. Very disappointed.
08-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #33
Closed Account

Mistakes are made, but in the world of grocery retail, the price is honored until the retraction is made. Must be different in the online camera world. I think it's pretty cool to have a rep in the forum to help with things like this. Definitely good stuff there.
08-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #34

They took the money out of my bank account after I placed the order. I took screenshots, including the "what's included?" summary. How is it a "typo" if it's entered in the title and the description and the detail page?

Adorama is going to lose my business permanently if they default on this "bundle". Without the 18-135, you can get the same "bundle" elsewhere, plus you can add an AF-540Z flash for just $70 more at B&H! C'mon Adorama...man up!

08-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #35
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Masta' C Quote
They took the money out of my bank account after I placed the order. I took screenshots, including the "what's included?" summary. How is it a "typo" if it's entered in the title and the description and the detail page?

Adorama is going to lose my business permanently if they default on this "bundle". Without the 18-135, you can get the same "bundle" elsewhere, plus you can add an AF-540Z flash for just $70 more at B&H! C'mon Adorama...man up!
Can you please email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order confirmation number? We don't charge a cc until an order ships so I'm puzzled as to how this could have happened

---------- Post added 08-17-14 at 01:01 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hjkimbrian Quote
This was on the confirmation email. With references to DA18-135 WR in the title of the product and in description of the product, I don't see how it could constitute as a typographical error. Very disappointed.
I guess because the person who typed out the listing screwed up

---------- Post added 08-17-14 at 01:03 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
Mistakes are made, but in the world of grocery retail, the price is honored until the retraction is made. Must be different in the online camera world. I think it's pretty cool to have a rep in the forum to help with things like this. Definitely good stuff there.
If anyone has been charged and their order has shipped - minus the lens - please let me know: Helen@adorama.com
08-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Yes, certainly don't proceed with the order unless you are actually going to honor it. Notice the lens is listed on the top description but not on the bottom of my order status of the actual items.
Attached Images

08-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Can you please email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order confirmation number? We don't charge a cc until an order ships so I'm puzzled as to how this could have happened
If a retailer verifies the credit availability before starting the order fill process some credit card companies place a 'Hold' on the credit amount until you actually ship the item and run the charge. From the consumer viewpoint this constitutes 'hitting my card when I order' since we often can't distinguish 'Hold' from 'Charge'.

08-17-2014, 11:23 AM - 4 Likes   #38

Frankly, the deal is still quite good with everything being thrown in. The internet mob mentality that leads to masses of people jumping on typos (even when the thread is actively discussing that the price seems too good to be true) and then acting entitled makes me a little bit sick.
08-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #39
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Lukinosity Quote
Frankly, the deal is still quite good with everything being thrown in. The internet mob mentality that leads to masses of people jumping on typos (even when the thread is actively discussing that the price seems too good to be true) and then acting entitled makes me a little bit sick.
I found about this deal on SlickDeals, Nobody was claiming it as a typo (They don't have an Adorama rep) so don't be so quick to judge the "internet mob mentality" of consumers. Last time i checked Pentaxforums wasn't at the center of the Internet.

I'd hate to be a Adorama customer rep this coming Monday.....they better stock up on painkillers

Last edited by Mirton; 08-17-2014 at 11:39 AM.
08-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #40

Photos: Gallery
Helen did initially confirm that Sales Director said the pricing is correct. Just a really bad screw-up on Adorama's part. During the whole purchase process, my stance was "good if it goes through, if not I will wait for a better deal". It's disappointing nonetheless given the fact that Adorama thinks that it can just get away with an apology email. I am taking my business elsewhere.
08-17-2014, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #41
Adorama Camera Representative

.......Just a really bad screw-up on Adorama's part..............
No, the person typing up the listing mis-typed the line. How is that a 'really bad screw-up?

It's Sunday and people who aren't on the front line like me, are at home with their families; it's not always easy to pull someone away from their Sunday lunch to check out a possible error.

It's disappointing nonetheless given the fact that Adorama thinks that it can just get away with an apology email. I am taking my business elsewhere.
I have no idea how many orders may have been placed, but say it's 5,000. Multiply that by $500.

Do you honestly think that every order should be honored? Or just yours?
08-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by Lukinosity Quote

Wrong. The deal is only "average" without the lens. The same "bundle", less the lens, has been available on B&H for a couple months now. Plus, at B&H, you can add an AF-540 flash for just $70 more and they have a myriad of lenses at "bundle" prices, which makes them better than Adorama's.

Also, I didn't stumble on the deal here...I had already ordered the K-3/18-135 bundle last night before I came to the forums and saw that it had been posted here.

The "mob mentality" is all in your head. People who over-generalize the intentions of fellow photographers and the frustrations of honest, budget-minded consumers who place orders in "good faith" with "trusted" authorized retailers, only to have the retailer quietly attempt to dishonor the purchases on the basis of a typographical error when the same information is clearly stated in 3 different locations on the item page, "makes me a little bit sick"

I went to bed happy. I woke up excited. Now I'm frustrated. I thought I had a deal in the bag, now I'm not so sure. Your input wasn't constructive and the issue remains between Adorama and its "customers".
08-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Wow. Just wow.
08-17-2014, 12:18 PM - 3 Likes   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Helen,

Thank you for monitoring the forum and heading off more frustrated buyers. Adults understand that mistakes are made and do not insist on always getting what they want even if it causes harm to others. It was a careless mistake which should not have happened but it did and I hope most forum members will understand. Pentax users have only a few reliable retail resources in this country. Adorama has been one of them for a very long time. I shop more often with B&H but I remain ready to use Adorama when that works better. Let's let the thread drop and go on to discussing the cameras and lenses we love.

Mike Sullivan
08-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
No, the person typing up the listing mis-typed the line. How is that a 'really bad screw-up?
It went from being a typo to something more than that when you yourself stated the deal was correct and essentially gave the green light. I'm personally not going to be pissed and hold it against Adorama if you cancel the deal, but I'm not going to argue with those that will. It sucks to feel suckered.
Closed Thread