Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Bag Black
Posted By: ChrisPlatt, 08-17-2014, 05:47 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

For sale on eBay at a fraction of what most others are going for, I took a chance on one of these:

Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Bag Black

Chris
Views: 9,799
08-17-2014, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #2

I'll join you in taking a chance. Great deal if it's the real thing! Put an order in for 2..

Given my bad luck with the Adorama K-3/18-135 bundle earlier today, I'm going to expect disappointment and be satisfied if I actually get the item I ordered

Thanks for posting this. Fingers crossed!
08-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Me too thanks for the heads up.
08-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #4
Forum Member

i couldn't resist either but expect some knock-off but PP would get the funds back if it's fake. ebay/PP sides with buyer if ad is intentionally misleading as this could be. And if not Amex has my back. but for $12/bag (inc shipping) who cares if its fake as long as it's well made, right?

08-18-2014, 02:06 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Since it seems to be a discontinued line, and as Tamrac recently went into Chapter 11, then was bought by Gura Gear, it's not surprising that there are batches of Tamrac items available at fire sale prices at the moment.
08-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks!
08-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I hope you guys get what you expect.

This is a big red flag to me only showing one pic of the item in a wrapper where you can't see the actual item. For an ebay seller of 4 years you would think they would know better or have something to hide. And the fact that they have 100 of these - how hard would it be to take one out of the package for a photo.

Well at least they have the 14 day money back guarantee.

08-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #8

With the new eBay seller standards coming in a couple days, he'll be in deep trouble if all of them are counterfeit

Looks like 15 unique buyers so far...
08-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote

This is a big red flag to me only showing one pic of the item in a wrapper where you can't see the actual item. For an ebay seller of 4 years you would think they would know better or have something to hide. And the fact that they have 100 of these - how hard would it be to take one out of the package for a photo.

Well at least they have the 14 day money back guarantee.
Seller appears to buy surplus goods, most of his ads show the objects un-opened, but he has 97% rating so I will take a shot.
Mine shows shipped this morning.
08-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Masta' C Quote
With the new eBay seller standards coming in a couple days, he'll be in deep trouble if all of them are counterfeit

Looks like 15 unique buyers so far...
Well, at that price, I got them for gifts for nephews - ordered 3. I can always get the monies refunded through eBay if they don't show up. By the way, even though they are in Illinois, they charged California sales tax - which I guess they technically could do. On the other hand, the shipping ($7.00) was the same for 3 as for one.
08-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snipenekkid Quote
i couldn't resist either but expect some knock-off but PP would get the funds back if it's fake. ebay/PP sides with buyer if ad is intentionally misleading as this could be. And if not Amex has my back. but for $12/bag (inc shipping) who cares if its fake as long as it's well made, right?
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Now that´s not very nice of you
08-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The packaging i.e. printed plastic bag, label and hang tag look authentic.
Mine shipped today, so I'll know soon...

Chris
08-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #13

For $15 I'll take a chance on this one. Est arrival of Friday. I'm still trying to come up with a good smallish bag to carry around the camera and a couple of lenses every day at work.

I picked up a Lowepro Streamline 150 on the clearance rack at Wallyworld a couple of weeks ago for $7.50 for every day carrying around at work with my K200D and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. It's not too bad right now with some added padding to the bottom and the 135mm and a 50mm in a lens bag. But It won't work if I carry any of my longer zooms and not much room for anything else.
08-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Here's a link on Amazon as to what this bag should be according to the label on the plastic wrap
Amazon.com : Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Camera Bag -Black : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo
08-19-2014, 03:44 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure it's too big for me but my daughter may like it.

BTW if it turns out to be authentic you guys can chip in some of
that money I saved you and buy me the Domke I really wanted...

Chris