Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Bag Black
Posted By: ChrisPlatt, 08-17-2014, 05:47 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

For sale on eBay at a fraction of what most others are going for, I took a chance on one of these:

Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Bag Black

Chris
Views: 9,798
08-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #16
Forum Member

thx, bought 1

08-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Price increase

If interested I hope you ordered yours at the original bargain price of $8.00 plus shipping.
Seller must have noticed brisk sales and today raised price to $15.00 each plus shipping.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 08-19-2014 at 09:43 PM.
08-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
Forum Member

Got mine today. Comes exactly as shown in the picture. Appears to be authentic with Tamrac tag and Tamrac plastic bag it comes in. A little bigger than I was expecting but still smaller than the more square shaped amazon basics large bag I have. Will use this when I want to carry less and something with a little slimmer profile.
08-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Mine arrived today. It's authentic Tamrac, and a very nice bag.
Hope anyone who wanted one got in at the original low price.

Chris

08-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #20

I hate waiting for things to arrive in the mail. Makes me feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
08-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #21

Got mine today. Nice bag. A little bit bigger than expected but I think it will work fine for every day use.
08-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #22

Got both of mine this evening and they look to be the real deal! Can't beat it for the price!

08-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #23
Forum Member

that's all great news...mine are do tomorrow just in time for my mini vacation this weekend.

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 10:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kdf9511 Quote
Got mine today. Nice bag. A little bit bigger than expected but I think it will work fine for every day use.
If you are ever looking for a nice sling bag that is compact with room for 2-4 primes (one mounted) and can attach a tripod to I highly recommend this one from Case Logic:

Amazon.com : Case Logic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black) : Camera Bag : Camera & Photo

I had my original lost/stolen back in December (the 24th) and just bought a replacement in case these Tamrac's did not arrive or were not quite the right bag for this weekend. Biggest issue I see with sling bags are for women, I don't think I need to go into more detail there. There were about $35 when I ordered the other day I went ahead and popped for the $3.99 for overnight shipping thanks to Amazon Prime....I paid around $60 for my first one.
08-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #24

I like the idea of a sling bag but it won't work for me for daily use. I also carry a backpack with my laptop and tools/test equip slung over one shouder and then the camera shoulder bag over the other.

Now that I'm home I packed it up to see what it would hold and I'm really happy with it. I've got a Sigma 70-300mm Macro, Sigma 28-80mm Macro, M-50mm f2, a large blower and the K200D with the Tak Bayonet 135mm on it. One thing I really like is it has little padded deviders so you can stack lenses without them touching each other.

The one thing I don't like about it is the back pocket isn't very deep. I was hoping to be able to put my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in there but it's a really tight fit. It does however fit in the front pocket but you have to open the flap and unzip to get to it. I'll probably try this for a few days and see how it goes for every day but I know it will be a great weekend bag when I want more lenses.
08-22-2014, 01:35 AM   #25
Forum Member

I like the idea of a sling bag but it won't work for me for daily use. I also carry a backpack with my laptop and tools/test equip slung over one shouder and then the camera shoulder bag over the other.

Now that I'm home I packed it up to see what it would hold and I'm really happy with it. I've got a Sigma 70-300mm Macro, Sigma 28-80mm Macro, M-50mm f2, a large blower and the K200D with the Tak Bayonet 135mm on it. One thing I really like is it has little padded deviders so you can stack lenses without them touching each other.

The one thing I don't like about it is the back pocket isn't very deep. I was hoping to be able to put my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in there but it's a really tight fit. It does however fit in the front pocket but you have to open the flap and unzip to get to it. I'll probably try this for a few days and see how it goes for every day but I know it will be a great weekend bag when I want more lenses.
kd:

I do really like that sling bag. I have RA and love the extra wide top part of the strap where it rests on the shoulder. But I hear your about bag efficiency. I have the LARGEST National Geographic Expedition backpack. I can carry a small village in there with my 17" laptop and a tablet or two. These days I use it as my staging/storage bag and the sling bag as the grab and go always packed bag.

My plan for these Tamrac's is as storage when traveling I doubt I will actually carry one around. I figured for the $12/ea after shipping (did not notice the seller gave free shipping after the first bag, cooler yet) it would be a nice bag to have. I plan on using one for filters and maybe the other for flashes and related gear. Worst case they can get stuffed into the NattyG bag to make everything neat and tidy.

I sense we all got a nice deal on a few useful bags. I get so tired of people adding the word camera or photography to the name or description and doubling the price. for years I got by with a basic backpack with some custom foam inserts and zippered accessory bags that cost about $40 total. Bags today are amazingly expensive...if I want to pay that much I'll grab another Tom Bihn bag with his camera insert and some more accessory bags. Made in USA (at a living wage) and guaranteed for life. I have one Tom Bihn bag that is at least 20yrs old and still works fantastically.
08-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #26
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
With the tag showing a compartment for your mp3 player (and a 2007 copyright), I don't think tablets were on their mind when they made the bag.
08-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #27
Site Supporter

I got mine last night, and it appears to be genuine and is of very high quality (typical Tamrac). This was a great deal.
08-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup it is genuine Tamrac 3537, it showed up today.

It is slightly smaller than my go-to Tamrac 3446 (Rally 6) that I pretty much use all the time.

This one has a sleeve in back used to place over a rollaboard luggage handle, I will have to watch out as on my Rally 6 that back slot is a giant pocket and I am used to just dropping stuff in there. Can't do that with this one. My iPad Mini fits fine in the back zippered pocket.

Smokin' deal for $15 shipped. Thanks Chris!
08-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm glad those who have received bag are pleased.
I was pretty confident it was legit or I wouldn't have posted.
Seller just didn't know what he had. Sometimes you get lucky.

38 of 100 bags have sold so far, but only 4 since seller raised price.
Anyone interested who didn't get in on the original low price might
want to keep an eye on the item for a possible future price reduction.

Chris
08-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Thanks for the update, Chris. I did miss the original offering, but I think I'll keep up a watch for awhile... as if I need another bag. I'm starting to understand now why some people think they need so many pairs of shoes!