Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Bag Black
Posted By: ChrisPlatt, 08-17-2014, 05:47 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

For sale on eBay at a fraction of what most others are going for, I took a chance on one of these:

Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Bag Black

Chris
Views: 9,815
08-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perfect timing. My 20+ year old Tamrac bag is filthy and the metal clip on one side broke. Will use this to replace it! Thanks much for the listing.

08-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by snipenekkid Quote
If you are ever looking for a nice sling bag that is compact with room for 2-4 primes (one mounted) and can attach a tripod to I highly recommend this one from Case Logic:

Amazon.com : Case Logic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black) : Camera Bag : Camera & Photo

I had my original lost/stolen back in December (the 24th) and just bought a replacement in case these Tamrac's did not arrive or were not quite the right bag for this weekend. Biggest issue I see with sling bags are for women, I don't think I need to go into more detail there. There were about $35 when I ordered the other day I went ahead and popped for the $3.99 for overnight shipping thanks to Amazon Prime....I paid around $60 for my first one.

I already own that one, as well! It's my basic everyday bag for the moment and holds all the essentials nicely. I can slip it down under my arm, grab the camera or change a lens and swing it around to my back again fairly easily. $35 is a great deal for one, too!

As far as the Tamrac bag in this thread, it turns out to be a bit small for what I'm after, but I figure I can use one for travel and give the other one to a family friend who is just getting into photography.

Thanks again for posting the deal!

~C
08-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #33

Tamrac Express 7 Camera Bags

I had purchased 3 at the original price of $8.00, with $7.00 combined shipping. They arrived yesterday, and while I think they are a bit small for my purposes, they seem very well made . I will probably give a couple away as gifts to nephews, and keep one for light use. They are still a great deal at that price, and have a lot of nice detailing and seem to be well constructed.
08-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I'm glad those who have received bag are pleased.
I was pretty confident it was legit or I wouldn't have posted.
Seller just didn't know what he had. Sometimes you get lucky.

38 of 100 bags have sold so far, but only 4 since seller raised price.
Anyone interested who didn't get in on the original low price might
want to keep an eye on the item for a possible future price reduction.

Chris
I'd wager the seller bought them at the bankruptcy auction, and probably has made their money back. Still, its a really good deal. Thank you for posting it! Its a great small camera bag. I'm using it for when I take one lens + camera, and the grip even fits while attached to the camera.

08-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's a real deal....

Bought one. Arrived Today, Real Tamrac Express7 in black. UPC codes and sku tags are real Tamrac. I looked at one of these a year ago and it IS the same bag. Probably a bankruptcy sell off. Great for a K3, 60-250, 16-50, flash/100mm macro and goodies.... I'm smiling, looks like a messenger bag......
08-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #36

GlassJunkie, do your K3, 60-250, 16-50, and flash all fit simultaneously?
Thanks,
John
08-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by snipenekkid Quote
that's all great news...mine are do tomorrow just in time for my mini vacation this weekend.

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 10:05 PM ----------

If you are ever looking for a nice sling bag that is compact with room for 2-4 primes (one mounted) and can attach a tripod to I highly recommend this one from Case Logic:

Amazon.com : Case Logic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black) : Camera Bag : Camera & Photo

I had my original lost/stolen back in December (the 24th) and just bought a replacement in case these Tamrac's did not arrive or were not quite the right bag for this weekend. Biggest issue I see with sling bags are for women, I don't think I need to go into more detail there. There were about $35 when I ordered the other day I went ahead and popped for the $3.99 for overnight shipping thanks to Amazon Prime....I paid around $60 for my first one.
That looks to be identical to the sling bag I have made by Dolica.

Amazon.com : Dolica SB-015BK Sling Backpack for DSLR, (Black/Gray) : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Camera & Photo

08-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
looks good

Got mine today. Seems OK to me, authentic tamrac retail tag. It even smells nice!

Last edited by goldenarrow; 07-09-2017 at 09:30 PM.
08-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
It even smells nice!
Don't forget to include that in your Amazon review.

Chris
08-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes....

QuoteOriginally posted by johndny Quote
GlassJunkie, do your K3, 60-250, 16-50, and flash all fit simultaneously?
Thanks,
John
Metz 58 or af540ftz, K-3 in middle with 16-50 mounted, hdtc below, 60-250 in end capped, hood inverted
08-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
Metz 58 or af540ftz, K-3 in middle with 16-50 mounted, hdtc below, 60-250 in end capped, hood inverted
Thanks! I was looking for a bag that can fit my k30 with sigma 18-50 mounted, and hold a flash and another lens - sounds like this will do it nicely!
Thanks Chris for linking to the deal! (Even at the "increased" price, it's still pretty cheap...)
08-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scotty707 Quote
No this Tamrac is more of a messenger bag, not a sling backpack.
08-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #43
Pentaxian

Oops. I meant to respond to the guy who posted the CaseLogic bag.

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
No this Tamrac is more of a messenger bag, not a sling backpack.
08-27-2014, 10:37 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scotty707 Quote
Oops. I meant to respond to the guy who posted the CaseLogic bag.
You did, my bad.
08-28-2014, 03:29 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I'm glad those who have received bag are pleased.
I was pretty confident it was legit or I wouldn't have posted.
Seller just didn't know what he had. Sometimes you get lucky.

38 of 100 bags have sold so far, but only 4 since seller raised price.
Anyone interested who didn't get in on the original low price might
want to keep an eye on the item for a possible future price reduction.

Chris
Doubt it, 22 dollars is still an amazing price for this bag. I'll be picking it up once my refund I issued goes through with another seller.