Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

$796 K-5 IIs Body, Grip, Flash, Extended Warranty, 64GB Memory Card , Bag, Tiffen
Posted By: RonakG, 08-28-2014, 09:48 PM

Pentax K-5 IIs Digital SLR Camera Body With Pro Accessory Bundle 12050 A

K-5 IIs deals are getting ridiculously good. Pull the trigger or wait till Black Friday for some fire sale?

Last edited by RonakG; 08-28-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Views: 4,562
01-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Did anyone else who ordered one of these bundles get their 4% rewards? I never got mine.

I just called Adorama and they said this bundle did not offer the 4% Rewards. I know for a fact that when I ordered this bundle, it said right on the page "4% Rewards". That was part of the reason I purchased this bundle.

Customer service claims that nobody who ordered this bundle received 4% rewards.

Can anyone else confirm that they either did or did not receive the rewards?

Does anyone happen to have a screen shot of this bundle when it was available for purchase, showing the 4% Rewards offering?

I told the lady on the phone that anytime I purchase from Adorama again, I will take a screen shot of the product to obtain proof of Rewards. Or that I'll just buy it from B&H Photo instead.

It's pretty shady of them to pull these types of stunts.

Last edited by shaX 07; 01-07-2015 at 01:03 PM.
01-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I ordered this bundle, I don't think there was a 4% reward on this. Do you have it mentioned somewhere in email or something?
01-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
I ordered this bundle, I don't think there was a 4% reward on this. Do you have it mentioned somewhere in email or something?
I do not, I double checked the e-mail order confirmation and it did not say it. But I know 1,000% that on the product page it said 4% Rewards when I ordered this. Again, it was part of the reason I ordered one.

Also I do not recall EVER seeing Rewards mentioned in an order confirmation e-mail. I am starting to believe that this is by design, based on this experience.

---------- Post added 01-07-15 at 03:15 PM ----------

Also, just throwing this out there..... If you search Adorama's site right now, EVERY K-3 camera (bundle or body only) offers 4% Rewards. Of the 37 K-50's you can buy, 25 of them include 4% Rewards.
01-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Interesting. Probably worth sending them an email and ask about it. I'll do the same.

01-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
Interesting. Probably worth sending them an email and ask about it. I'll do the same.
Like I said, I called them and spoke to customer service... They said this bundle didn't come with 4% Rewards, and claim that nobody who bought one of these bundles got them..

I know for certain it was listed on the product page when I ordered.. Whether or not it was a mistake is a separate issue...

I just wished I had taken a screen shot of the product page at the time. That's the only thing that would get them to honor it now.

Oh well... The bundle was a good price, so I won't throw a tizzy over it. It's more a point of principle for me at this point, especially since Adorama is becoming notorious for web site pricing screw ups and not really doing anything to compensate customers that end up on the wrong end of the mistakes.

I'll be giving my next purchase to B&H.
01-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #21
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Like I said, I called them and spoke to customer service... They said this bundle didn't come with 4% Rewards, and claim that nobody who bought one of these bundles got them..

I know for certain it was listed on the product page when I ordered.. Whether or not it was a mistake is a separate issue...

I just wished I had taken a screen shot of the product page at the time. That's the only thing that would get them to honor it now.

Oh well... The bundle was a good price, so I won't throw a tizzy over it. It's more a point of principle for me at this point, especially since Adorama is becoming notorious for web site pricing screw ups and not really doing anything to compensate customers that end up on the wrong end of the mistakes.

I had the same issue with a K-5 II BF bundle in 2013 they claimed no 4% even though I saw it and then found aggregate sites such as slickdeals also showed it did. I had to go back and forth with B&H customer support (who were VERY rude) and finally they gave me the 4% (which I then spent on a lens, strange they'd fight me tooth and nail when I wanted to give them money and just had given them a nice chunk).

In any case.. take screenshots.. document.. that is what I learned.
01-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #22

Good to know...shouldn't have to jump through these kind of hoops to get what's owed to you.

01-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I had the same issue with a K-5 II BF bundle in 2013 they claimed no 4% even though I saw it and then found aggregate sites such as slickdeals also showed it did. I had to go back and forth with B&H customer support (who were VERY rude) and finally they gave me the 4% (which I then spent on a lens, strange they'd fight me tooth and nail when I wanted to give them money and just had given them a nice chunk).

In any case.. take screenshots.. document.. that is what I learned.
I remember that deal, I bought one of those too.... I didn't get rewards for that one either but I also didn't even see it at the time...

I just searched slickdeals for this deal and couldn't find it.. Do you know of any other sites that might have it documented still? I would love to find some sort of proof of this...
01-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #24

Wayback machine is your friend. Not sure when you purchased, but I went back to Sept and almost all of the K-3 and K-50 bundles did show a 4% reward but this particular K5 IIs bundle did not (see link below and then page down). It's possible they added the rewards sometime after this (I didn't know when you purchased). But you can go to the wayback machine URL and just put in adorama.com and select the closest date and then navigate. It's not perfect (it doesn't cache every page) but it's worth a shot.

Pentax Camera, Video & Photographic Digital SLR Cameras | Buy, Compare & Review | Adorama
01-07-2015, 11:29 PM   #25
mee
Veteran Member

I remember that deal, I bought one of those too.... I didn't get rewards for that one either but I also didn't even see it at the time...

I just searched slickdeals for this deal and couldn't find it.. Do you know of any other sites that might have it documented still? I would love to find some sort of proof of this...

IIRC it was on the front page of SD!

It was there when I bought it then a day or so later it was removed.. the 4% on the page. Of course on their own site there is no way to show that it was or was not available at a given time since they update the single product page on the fly. They wouldn't accept SD as proof anyways since it wasn't directly their own website (catch22 of sorts). So in the end, we went round and round and round and round. Then I guess they got tired of dealing with me and gave me a '1 time exception' -- for which I was glad but still ridiculous that I had to deal with that when it was listed as part of the offer at the time of purchase.

fatwallet might have it but I don't frequent that site so not entirely certain.

so yeah... screenshot your items if they have rewards.
01-08-2015, 11:48 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by irishnutter Quote
Wayback machine is your friend. Not sure when you purchased, but I went back to Sept and almost all of the K-3 and K-50 bundles did show a 4% reward but this particular K5 IIs bundle did not (see link below and then page down). It's possible they added the rewards sometime after this (I didn't know when you purchased). But you can go to the wayback machine URL and just put in adorama.com and select the closest date and then navigate. It's not perfect (it doesn't cache every page) but it's worth a shot.

Pentax Camera, Video & Photographic Digital SLR Cameras | Buy, Compare & Review | Adorama
Thanks for this. I purchased on 9/9/14 and the page archive listing from 9/8/14 shows the bundle without the rewards unfortunately..... I remember seeing 4% Rewards on the product page itself, not on the list of Pentax DSLRs. Certainly there could be different information displayed on these pages.

Either way, this site nor slickdeals nor fatwallet has the page archived showing Rewards so I am SOL on this one.

In the future I will always remember to take screen shots of any purchase that claims to have Rewards. It's sad that as a person who spends Hundreds of dollars of their own hard earned money, I have to cover my arse just to get what I THINK I am purchasing.

Also as a general rule, I feel like we as a forum should post a screen shot of any B&H or Adorama product listing when we post threads in the Price Watch section, when a deal comes with Rewards. This would help anyone who orders something and does not receive their rewards.
01-20-2015, 04:05 PM   #27
Adorama Camera Representative

Did anyone else who ordered one of these bundles get their 4% rewards? I never got mine.

I just called Adorama and they said this bundle did not offer the 4% Rewards. I know for a fact that when I ordered this bundle, it said right on the page "4% Rewards". That was part of the reason I purchased this bundle.

Customer service claims that nobody who ordered this bundle received 4% rewards.

Can anyone else confirm that they either did or did not receive the rewards?

Does anyone happen to have a screen shot of this bundle when it was available for purchase, showing the 4% Rewards offering?

I told the lady on the phone that anytime I purchase from Adorama again, I will take a screen shot of the product to obtain proof of Rewards. Or that I'll just buy it from B&H Photo instead.

It's pretty shady of them to pull these types of stunts.
Apologies for the delay in responding - I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

As far I can see this kit did not have rewards. Generally speaking most bundles with multiple accessories don’t have rewards. We offer either rewards, or larger bundles. (we may include free with the camera a case or card etc. But if it has 5 accessories it usually doesn’t have rewards)

The only Slick Deals thread we can find is this http:///f/7156478-pentax-k-5-iis-16-3-mp-digital-slr-camera-body-pentax-d-bg...e-shipping?v=1 there is nothing there that shows that you get all accessories + 4%

Practically speaking, 4% = $24. If you can email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number I hope we can resolve this in an amicable way.
01-20-2015, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Apologies for the delay in responding - I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

As far I can see this kit did not have rewards. Generally speaking most bundles with multiple accessories don’t have rewards. We offer either rewards, or larger bundles. (we may include free with the camera a case or card etc. But if it has 5 accessories it usually doesn’t have rewards)

The only Slick Deals thread we can find is this http:///f/7156478-pentax-k-5-iis-16-3-mp-digital-slr-camera-body-pentax-d-bg...e-shipping?v=1 there is nothing there that shows that you get all accessories + 4%

Practically speaking, 4% = $24. If you can email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number I hope we can resolve this in an amicable way.
Thanks Helen for taking time to clarify. Official word directly from representative helps a lot.