Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Pentax Lens Specials at Adorama thru 9/20 *Live once again*
Posted By: Adam, 09-16-2014, 02:40 PM

Many of the deals we saw last week are back at Adorama until 9/20, just like the recent K-3 deal. Save hundreds on Pentax lenses:

*Update* All the specials have been moved to the new links below (not visible on the Adorama site otherwise):

Pentax K-mount Lens Specials
Pentax Flash and Q lens specials

Views: 3,834
09-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYI - this includes Q lenses
09-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Deesquared Quote
FYI - this includes Q lenses
An 02 zoom alone costing more than I paid for that lens complete with a camera?
09-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
An 02 zoom alone costing more than I paid for that lens complete with a camera?
Hmm - true enough on that one. I didn't even notice the 02 as I was looking at / wishing for the 08 and happened to notice the 01 for any who didn't get that one in a kit. Also, $10 off the toy lenses, which I've been considering.

09-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
From what I saw I think the FA 50mm and the Q03 lens are the real bargains for new prices.
09-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #6

That special didn't last long. I checked last night and the FA 50 1.4 was $346.95. Today it's back up to $446.95. Guess the sale expired before 9/20.
09-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Sale over early? All lenses seem back to regular pricing...

09-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Same thing here. I thought we had a few days given the 9/20 date. Was this Adam's error or misinterpretation or Adorama's? I would like to know since I "purchased" the K-3 18-135 grip "special" that then didn't go through, and I understood that to be a one-time error by Adorama.
09-17-2014, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Adorama is having "technical problems" and I've been advised to pull the post. The sale is supposed to be back later today, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #10

Thanks, Adam, for the quick update.
09-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #11

Thanks Adam. I was very close to purchasing a 50mm 1.4 but not if the prices don't go down again.
09-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I sat down last night, pulled out my cc ready to buy three lenses I'd put in my cart earlier.in the day. Crap.
09-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #13

They must still be having "technical difficulties." Is there any guidance as whether the sale is going to resume (or not)?

This is troubling, since Pentax has so little presence. They have three listed authorized dealers in Florida, one about an hour and a half away -- but they no longer sell Pentax, at least according to their website. Neither does another (about 4 hours away) of the three -- or at least doesn't admit to it. The third one -- wherever it may or may not be located -- apparently doesn't either. Has anyone in Florida bought a new Pentax K-3 in Florida recently or ever?

Most of the Amazon dealers are not authorized by Pentax, so you cannot get the 2-year extended warranty. One relies on Adorama and B&H if living in such a "backward" metropolitan areas as Orlando.
09-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
I sat down last night, pulled out my cc ready to buy three lenses I'd put in my cart earlier.in the day. Crap.
QuoteOriginally posted by kpevav Quote
They must still be having "technical difficulties." Is there any guidance as whether the sale is going to resume (or not)?

This is troubling, since Pentax has so little presence. They have three listed authorized dealers in Florida, one about an hour and a half away -- but they no longer sell Pentax, at least according to their website. Neither does another (about 4 hours away) of the three -- or at least doesn't admit to it. The third one -- wherever it may or may not be located -- apparently doesn't either. Has anyone in Florida bought a new Pentax K-3 in Florida recently or ever?

Most of the Amazon dealers are not authorized by Pentax, so you cannot get the 2-year extended warranty. One relies on Adorama and B&H if living in such a "backward" metropolitan areas as Orlando.
The deals are back! However, they've been moved to a new page. See the updated links in the first post of this thread.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #15

Thanks Adam. Went to the page via your link and prices still not special. Tried again and there they were.