Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

New Pentax k-3 $796.14 (free shipping to U.S)
Posted By: Stavri, 09-24-2014, 06:20 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I thought this was a good price for a brand new K-3. 9 available

New Pentax K 3 24 Megapixel Digital SLR Body Only | eBay
Views: 4,071
09-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #16
Banned

It has been relisted at lower price a month ago on ebay

09-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Has someone received one yet?
09-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
Has someone received one yet?
NO. And there are issues. I have escalated the transaction to a claim already (unlike me, a mild mannered reporter). Will wait and see what is happening but I should have gone with my instinct (insert reputation of Gold Coast Australia - sorry to those who I have offended in stating this, however, if offended I suspect you are in the minority).
09-30-2014, 05:40 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
NO. And there are issues. I have escalated the transaction to a claim already (unlike me, a mild mannered reporter). Will wait and see what is happening but I should have gone with my instinct (insert reputation of Gold Coast Australia - sorry to those who I have offended in stating this, however, if offended I suspect you are in the minority).
What happened?

09-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #20

RE: aborted sale

I have been caught out as well. It seems they are 'selling' goods they do not have and then once the money has cleared into their account they say they cannot deliver. Their excuse was that their 'drop shipping' did not come through, whatever that means. I gather they are purchasing the cameras from o/s and then delivering direct to AU buyers. So definitely no Australian warranty.

Mark I have a name and some contact details from their Facebook page, I will PM this information to you in case you have further problems. We will see how quickly they refund...

Regards
Lachlan
09-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
What happened?
Exactly as beemer reports it. Could be a mad money grab and run for the hills style operation. I note the seller, post purchase, has changed their ebay identity four times this year ...... why would you do that? and I also note the seller turned their feedback private immediately after the refund .... not before I quoted back at them one of the negative feedbacks they had already received.

Mark

---------- Post added 10-01-14 at 08:42 AM ----------

If the seller is genuine - unknown at this stage, then it appears that they were attempting an arbitrage style transaction. Middle man without ever seeing the goods. Sounds very dodgy to me.
09-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another 'too good to be true' example?

10-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #23
Veteran Member

yes. refund has been completed - thank goodness for that - end of story.

Mark
10-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
yes. refund has been completed - thank goodness for that - end of story.

Mark
I am glad it did!