Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
DFA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR for $558.09 in USA
Posted By: mikeodial, 10-03-2014, 01:05 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030GGS3O/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Looks like a very good deal including shipping.
Views: 2,349
10-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Heads up that this vendor has a habit of trying to upsell you on accessories. Not much they can do here except maybe filters, lens cleaners etc, but just be aware.
Good deal if you come out unscathed
10-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #3
Forum Member

Active Trade and fulfilled by Amazon is legit. I bought this same lens from them over the summer no issues and came in Pentax factory packaging as new. Paid a bit more though :/
10-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Have purchased a camera from them

I purchased a camera from them earlier this year, a K5II. Came pretty much on time (perhaps a day late) and was as expected.

10-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes when I looked it was sold by EB and not fulfilled by amazon.
10-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe Amazon tries to keep their 3rd party affiliates happy by alternating the "featured" vendor. I've been watching this closely (& often) and also noticed that the price tends to go down if few are sold over some period of time. Soooo, if we all play our cards right and resist the urge to feed LBA we might be able to nudge the price down .
10-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Weird; the vendor was shown as "Electronics Basket" rather than "Active Trade" yesterday.

Fulfillment by Amazon only means that the vendor ships the item to Amazon's warehouse, where it sits until purchase and is then shipped by Amazon. Amazon has no involvement in the procurement, and there is nothing to stop gray market goods from being sold through it, so it's still worth being careful.

Yes. Amazon is just a framework for multiple sellers, them included. Each item is listed with a alphanumeric code and each vendor sells an item, and is listed, on that code. So when the price for that item changes, the Amazon page for that item will show the vendor with the lowest price from the list (in stock) front and center. One can still go through the list of vendors (sometimes you can find a lower price but not in stock -- From Amazon will still allow you to place an order.. pre order for it at that price).

I think we almost need an Amazon sticky explaining Amazon on the marketplace.. they can be confusing!

10-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fulfilment

Mine arrived today. New, in box with lens cap, hood and nice Velcro bag. Here is the first shots with it. Apologize for the lack of composition. And I could only find a dead flower on my deck to photograph.

10-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I had one of these briefly; such a great performer.
10-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Mine arrived today. New, in box with lens cap, hood and nice Velcro bag. Here is the first shots with it. Apologize for the lack of composition. And I could only find a dead flower on my deck to photograph.
Mike, was yours from Electronics Basket? Is it a US or grey market lens? Was all the paperwork included (for warranty issues)?
I sent Electronics Basket this question several days ago but never received an answer.
10-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Congrats you made out well!
10-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Mike, was yours from Electronics Basket? Is it a US or grey market lens? Was all the paperwork included (for warranty issues)?
I sent Electronics Basket this question several days ago but never received an answer.
It came in the proper pentax DA box, instructions (in Japanese), and the international list of company names etc. It did not come with a warranty card now you mention it. I will register the serial number with Pentax and check with them when I get back home later in the week. If I find out anything funny I will let you know.

They do seem to have some negative feedback but a large number of sales 20,000 plus on Amazon. Their ranking (Electronics Basket) is 96% which is the same as KEH, and interestingly enough Adorama has a 92% ranking, but I have not had any problem with products I have ordered from them.

I will assume providing I don't have any problem with registering the lens that the warranty is covered. (Could well be wrong of course ...)