Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax K-3 - Now just $896 through the end of 2014!
Posted By: Adam, 10-22-2014, 08:59 AM

If you thought $996 was low enough on the K-3, then these new price drops will blow you away. As always, if you ordered a K-3 within 30 the last 30 days from either B&H or Adorama, you will be entitled to a refund of the price difference.

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530 B&H Photo Video (optional: AF 540 flash for $50 on the landing page)
Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body 15530

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body, 24 MP, Selectable Anti Aliasing Filter, SAFOX 11 Autofocus, Professional H.264 video, Weather Sealed
$896.95 + free Battery Grip + 2-day US shipping + 4% rewards

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body Bundle with 50 f1.8 Lens and Battery Grip 15530 KB
Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera with DA 50mm F1.8 lens
$946.95 + free Battery Grip + 2-day US shipping + 4% rewards

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens 15541 B&H Photo Video
Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera with DA 18-135 WR Lens 15541

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera with DA 18-135 WR Lens
$1,246.95 + free Battery Grip + 2-day US shipping + 4% rewards

Exp. 12/31

Views: 11,739
10-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very good price,maybe Europe gets lucky as well I paid more for my K5II!!!
does the K5II grip work on the K3? by chance

10-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry.
10-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Very good price,maybe Europe gets lucky as well I paid more for my K5II!!!
does the K5II grip work on the K3? by chance
No, the battery grips for the K5 series bodies and the K3 are not interchangeable.

---------- Post added 10-24-14 at 08:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
That's better than I got from Adorama... They gave me a gift certificate for the difference on one I bought on the 14th. I would have preferred a refund. I don't need anything for an extra $100, but I guess I'll have to find something.
Hmm.. Now that I think of it, I should've asked for the DA 50 1.8 lens that B & H are bundling with a free grip for the same price that I paid for my order instead of a refund. I don't know if they would've agreed to my request though.
10-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #49

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yarrum Quote
In the UK SRS say they will sell you a K3 body (no bundled extras) for £785 including delivery and 2 year warranty - Two good K3 body deals from UK dealers

Thanks, I`ll look into it.

Still comes to $1256 though with no extras.
They do offer a 50mm for another £50 ( $80 )if bought with a camera. So like for like deal is equal to $1336 in UK as opposed to $896 in the US.

Add 20% to $896 for VAT ( probably not applicable but....) makes $1074.

As they don`t pay that much tax it`s still a hefty premium in the UK. It`s no wonder I`ve never seen a Pentax over here.

But like I say I`ll look into it.

Cheers

10-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by limpet Quote
As they don`t pay that much tax it`s still a hefty premium in the UK. It`s no wonder I`ve never seen a Pentax over here.
The price from Pentax Australia is also stubbornly stuck at AUD$1300. Even in Japan, it's only $875. As usual, the US market gets the best prices. I'd like to buy from Pentax Australia, but I just can't justify the premium even with the cost of postage and GST from the USA. If I could get it from somewhere for less than AUD$1000 I wouldn't have to pay GST.

Last edited by RobG; 10-25-2014 at 04:30 AM.
10-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
The price from Pentax Australia is also stubbornly stuck at AUD$1300. Even in Japan, it's only $875. As usual, the US market gets the best prices. I'd like to buy from Pentax Australia, but I just can't justify the premium even with the cost of postage and GST from the USA. If I could get it from somewhere for less than AUD$1000 I wouldn't have to pay GST.
DCXpert on eBay are a bit sharper on their pricing than Pentax Australia but still nothing like these deals.

I phoned CR Kennedy a couple of weeks ago to see what they would do about pricing on a body, grip and flu card bundle, they told me to go in to Ted's ask Ted's to call them to work out a deal. No actual commitment to a certain price or a price match but they strongly suggested it would be much better than RRP.

I'm now crossing my fingers for the Aussie dollar to pick up a bit or at least hold firm until the Black Friday sales so we get below the A$1000 threshold and then I'll be a K3 owner.
10-25-2014, 05:19 AM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
DCXpert on eBay are a bit sharper on their pricing than Pentax Australia but still nothing like these deals.

I phoned CR Kennedy a couple of weeks ago to see what they would do about pricing on a body, grip and flu card bundle, they told me to go in to Ted's ask Ted's to call them to work out a deal. No actual commitment to a certain price or a price match but they strongly suggested it would be much better than RRP.

I'm now crossing my fingers for the Aussie dollar to pick up a bit or at least hold firm until the Black Friday sales so we get below the A$1000 threshold and then I'll be a K3 owner.
Interesting response about Ted's. I don't think Ted's in Canberra deal with Pentax though.

10-25-2014, 05:30 AM   #53

Photos: Albums

UK best price of £785 = AUD $1452

So you`re still doing a bit better than us

10-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eh, only because the Oz economy has not been doing so well.
10-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Interesting response about Ted's. I don't think Ted's in Canberra deal with Pentax though.
Ted's online store has Pentax gear listed so even though they don't carry much (if any) stock they should be able to supply it if you want it at any Ted's store but apparently the Petrie Plaza store deals with CR Kennedy all the time. CR Kennedy even gave me the name of the specific staff member to speak.

You do get shafted on camera gear but there's plenty of other electronics where you beat us hands down (not to mention you have vastly better pubs and beer).
10-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #56
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Ted's online store has Pentax gear listed so even though they don't carry much (if any) stock they should be able to supply it if you want it at any Ted's store but apparently the Petrie Plaza store deals with CR Kennedy all the time. CR Kennedy even gave me the name of the specific staff member to speak.
Please let me know how you go! At the moment I'm waiting for "black friday" deals before I place an order from the USA, probably with B&H because their shipping costs are lower than Adorama. There's several things I'm planning to buy, not all of which are Pentax (eg tripod and focus tool), so if CRK make a discount offer to keep some business in Oz, I'd prefer to buy here for warranty reasons.
10-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I don't think Ted's in Canberra deal with Pentax though
Teds downstairs in Petrie Plaza (used to be George's) has been dealing Pentax since the 1970's... and still do. They may not have as much Pentax gear around the shop like they used to, but they can get whatever you want.
10-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #58
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Teds downstairs in Petrie Plaza (used to be George's) has been dealing Pentax since the 1970's... and still do. They may not have as much Pentax gear around the shop like they used to, but they can get whatever you want.
Thanks! At the moment I'm comfortable with waiting for the black friday sales before I chase anyone for pricing. CRK has offered discounts in the past, so who knows...
10-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #59
Veteran Member

CRK has offered discounts in the past, so who knows...
Did you see that post by Bossa in another thread where he said he had passed onto Clem Kennedy the B&H deal pricing, and Clem said he was aware of them, and to expect some K-3 price adjustments during this week...
10-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #60
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Did you see that post by Bossa in another thread where he said he had passed onto Clem Kennedy the B&H deal pricing, and Clem said he was aware of them, and to expect some K-3 price adjustments during this week...
No I hadn't, but here's hoping that CRK can arrive at an equivalent price, or offer a package deal. The B&H price isn't just cheaper, it also includes the grip for free!