Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K5iis $526 New with battery grip
Posted By: ttran88, 10-27-2014, 02:19 PM

What do you guys think of this deal?

Pentax K-5 IIs Digital SLR Camera 12050 B&H Photo Video

Views: 13,088
10-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
They are just taunting everyone outside of the US.

Price in the UK basically £700 ( $1100 ) bare body only.
10-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by limpet Quote
It's $851 shipped to the UK & customs cleared via B&H ($674 without customs clearance), so it sounds like this deal might appeal to more than just US users

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by limpet Quote
They are just taunting everyone outside of the US.

Can't you just have someone ship you a "box of clothes" with a camera wrapped inside and not have to pay imports? Or does it not work that way?

10-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it's a no brainer for people looking for an excellent DSLR and grip for an absurdly low price. Who needs a mid range option if they could get this?
10-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Does this have the real mechanical sensor stabilisation of the k-5 in video mode?
10-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #7

I hope this means full frame is coming.

10-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by freerider Quote
I hope this means full frame is coming.
They could just be competeing on price with Canon and Nikon. Those two have brand recognition which Pentax does not. One way to manipulate people's attention is with price. I would assume that Ricoh and Pentax have made back all the money they spent on R&D. As long as they sell above cost and give everyone a cut along the way then it's all gravy at this point.
10-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
They could just be competeing on price with Canon and Nikon. Those two have brand recognition which Pentax does not. One way to manipulate people's attention is with price. I would assume that Ricoh and Pentax have made back all the money they spent on R&D. As long as they sell above cost and give everyone a cut along the way then it's all gravy at this point.
Have just learned that this is a PhotoPlus special exclusive to B&H. The lower price will expire on the 31st.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Have just learned that this is a PhotoPlus special exclusive to B&H. The lower price will expire on the 31st.
If I get the bank transfer for some gear I`m selling tomorrow, as I`ve been promised, I`ll have another look at it
10-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #11

Photos: Gallery
tempting to upgrade from my K-30... for quiter shutter sound, better DR-14bit, and lower ISO 80, faster and better AF, no AA filter for sharper images. (don't really need the estra weigth of the body and the battery grip though) Bu still I think it's a good upgrade... Anyone is interestesd in getting the grip? I would probably buy the body with SD card for $475 and someone can have brand new grip for $120 + shipping? If so, shoot me a message and I will order a set.
10-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Does this have the real mechanical sensor stabilisation of the k-5 in video mode?
yep - it's one great camera. i have no intention of replacing it until the FF hits.
10-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
yep - it's one great camera. i have no intention of replacing it until the FF hits.

Good stuff, thanks!

10-29-2014, 04:18 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by black-kx Quote
tempting to upgrade from my K-30... for quiter shutter sound, better DR-14bit, and lower ISO 80, faster and better AF, no AA filter for sharper images. (don't really need the estra weigth of the body and the battery grip though) Bu still I think it's a good upgrade... Anyone is interestesd in getting the grip? I would probably buy the body with SD card for $475 and someone can have brand new grip for $120 + shipping? If so, shoot me a message and I will order a set.
I have both the K-30 and K-5IIs. One other point to make with your feature list is the huge difference in battery life.
10-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #15

I was wondering, as I`m still not sure whether I`ve got the cash for this for a couple of days. Would it perhaps pay to wait for any potential Black Friday offers, which I think will be in about 4 or 5 weeks, I think.
As I`m a Brit and this "event" doesn`t happen over here I`m not sure how good the potential deals might be.
Thanks guys