Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
HD DA 55-300mm WR: $330
Posted By: Doundounba, 11-05-2014, 04:07 PM

Seems like a pretty smoking hot deal - I'm jealous as I recently bought this lens for a bit more (from Prodigital2000). Anyway, it's from a Canadian Ebay seller with top-notch feedback, though I've never dealt with them. Hope someone benefits. Here's the link.
Views: 3,403
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,600
Note from the eBay listing for this item: 'Does not ship to Australia'.
11-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,708
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Note from the eBay listing for this item: 'Does not ship to Australia'.
Sorry, I think it's free shipping, but Canada and USA only.
11-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 97
Tempting.

11-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 331
Looks like they aren't an authorized reseller... So doesn't that mean no factory warranty?
11-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #6
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,708
Original Poster
I'd be surprised if you didn't get a Canadian warranty, if you're in Canada. Don't know what happens if you're in the US.
11-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #7
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 87
The warranty says one year - this could be gray market. Best to ask the seller if they are an authorized Canadian dealer.
11-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Biro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,159
Still three available. If it's ProDigital 2000, I doubt that it's grey market. I'm tempted myself. I have the smc version of the DA 55-300 and I wouldn't mind adding WR and this is a great price. I could give the older lens to my niece.

Has anyone tried contacting the seller? I don't have an eBay account and always purchase as a guest, so I can't log in to e-mail the seller.


Last edited by Biro; 11-08-2014 at 08:40 AM.
11-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,631
QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Still three available. If it's ProDigital 2000, I doubt that it's grey market. I'm tempted myself. I have the smc version of the DA 55-300 and I wouldn't mind adding WR and this is a great price. I could give the older lens to my niece.

Has anyone tried contacting the seller? I don't have an eBay account and always purchase as a guest, so I can't log in to e-mail the seller.
The seller is clearly not Prodigital2000, it is "quickndone". The one-year warranty shows that this is grey market. If the lens had come into the country through Ricoh Pentax Canada, it would carry a two year warranty in Canada. The only question is whether that matters to you.
11-08-2014, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,708
Original Poster
This is not from Ebay account "Prodigital2000". It's from an account called "quickndone". Could be the same people behind the account, I guess, but it's definitely not the same account. I just sent in a question asking if they're an authorized retailer and there's a warranty and will update this thread if/when they respond. I've been watching this seller because they tend to have very good pricing on the K-3 body (which I'm tempted by) and I observed that their prices tend to go up and down - K-3 body is $US760 right now, but could be $US1059 tomorrow...

---------- Post added 11-08-14 at 11:39 AM ----------

Somewhat carefully worded but encouraging response:
QuoteQuote:
hello,

yes this lens comes from a ricoh (pentax) authorized dealer. It includes a 2 year canadian, 1 year international warranty.

Thanks

- quickndone


Last edited by Doundounba; 11-08-2014 at 09:41 AM.
11-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,631
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Somewhat carefully worded but encouraging response:
Looks good enough for me. If I hadn't recently bought one from Henry's, I'd be ordering.
11-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #12
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 87
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
This is not from Ebay account "Prodigital2000". It's from an account called "quickndone". Could be the same people behind the account, I guess, but it's definitely not the same account. I just sent in a question asking if they're an authorized retailer and there's a warranty and will update this thread if/when they respond. I've been watching this seller because they tend to have very good pricing on the K-3 body (which I'm tempted by) and I observed that their prices tend to go up and down - K-3 body is $US760 right now, but could be $US1059 tomorrow...

---------- Post added 11-08-14 at 11:39 AM ----------

Somewhat carefully worded but encouraging response:

Quote:

hello,

yes this lens comes from a ricoh (pentax) authorized dealer. It includes a 2 year canadian, 1 year international warranty.

Thanks

- quickndone


Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/277858-hd-da-55-300...#ixzz3IVv7ylr7


This makes it a good deal.
11-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #13
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
There's actually only one left now. Mrs. jac now has the 18-135mm and the 55-300mm WR's
11-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #14
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 97
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
There's actually only one left now. Mrs. jac now has the 18-135mm and the 55-300mm WR's
Soooo tempting. I have the 18-135 and really want this one for better baseball shots of my son. We have a way to go before the season starts though so maybe there will be more deals to be had.
11-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Biro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,159
Tempting or not, it looks like they're all gone now.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
account, body, hd da 55-300mm, k-3, pentax deals, warranty
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: HD PENTAX-DA 1:4-5.8 55-300mm ED WR 55-300 (price reduced) transam879 Sold Items 6 07-15-2014 06:05 PM
For Sale - Sold: HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm WR Lens alboe37 Sold Items 6 06-26-2014 07:37 PM
Nature Testing Pentax HD DA 55-300mm F4-5.8ED WR Supakatti Post Your Photos! 5 02-26-2014 10:32 PM
HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR Mistral75 Pentax News and Rumors 126 10-08-2013 10:00 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top