Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

2 Wasabi D-LI90 batteries plus charger $27on Amazon
Posted By: klh, 11-12-2014, 04:59 PM

I prefer this charger to the OEM version with the cord.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UR7250/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Views: 2,526
11-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bought wasabi replacements for the Q and they are just OK. For the K-30 I run nothing but eneloop AA and performance is excellent! Having to carry just the AA spares/charger for flash and camera is great. If you have never used eneloops you should at least get them for your flash!

11-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have used Wasabi for Q, K5, K3, Fuji and NEX with excellent results. Nothing is perfect but these batteries are a bargain.
11-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
My wasabis last about 2/3 as long as my real pentax battery, but the charger is awesome for keeping in a bag for travel. It charges the battery faster and has a removable plug for a cigarette lighter for charging in the car. You still should charge your battery on your pentax charger if you have the time. The pentax charger is designed specifically for your battery. Quick chargers dont charge fully and can reduce the life of a battery. What I do is quick charge the wasabis on the road but leave the pentax on the real charger.
You are quite right, quick charges are not battery friendly, it will have some effect on the longevity of the battery. Instead of using a quick charger, I keep a few spare batteries around and charge them frequently while I am travelling, so I always have spares with me.

---------- Post added 11-16-2014 at 11:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
I bought wasabi replacements for the Q and they are just OK. For the K-30 I run nothing but eneloop AA and performance is excellent! Having to carry just the AA spares/charger for flash and camera is great. If you have never used eneloops you should at least get them for your flash!
Agree, I use Eneloops (or Duraloops- rebranded Eneloops) only in my flash, as they not only lasts longer, but they run cooler than alkaline which can get very hot if you try continuous or fast shoot mode.
11-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #19

I have this set and haven't noticed a major difference in length of use between the Wasabis and the Pentax battery my camera came with. Bear in mind that I haven't done any sort of rigorous testing with them either - I would just say mine are not noticeably different. I think they are definitely worth the money if you can get them for $30-ish dollars, and the compact charger is a really nice option to have in your bag for travel and the like.

11-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The thing about this brand is that it has been around a long time and I have seen very little negative about the batteries. I have used them on several different cameras and they seem to work just like the Pentax batteries.