Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax K3 with battery grip and Card 796.95 Adorama
Posted By: pearsaab, 11-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera With 32GB SDHC Card & Pentax Battery Grip 15530 KC $796.95 + free shipping

Promo code (at checkout): EARLYPEEK

Views: 7,493
11-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #61
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CeciProAm Quote
The one thing I know NOT to do is do not place your order by phone to B&H.
Click on any B&H link on this page, then put the k3 with free battery grip in
your cart.
Then put the 540 pentax speedlight in your cart @ 359 dollars, when you go
to check out it will give you a 309 dollar credit.
THEN talk to "chat support" and tell them that you would like to get the same
deal that Adorama is offering/which is their k3 with grip for 100 less with the
promo code: EARLYPEEK
Support chat told me they would make sure that all of the credits would be
applied and that PentaxForums.com would get credit for the linked sale.

The prime lenses I got, show up for about 181.95, the same as Adorama,
but when they are purchased with the k3 they are significantly discounted.

I hope that helps & happy shopping to all & to all a good night!~
I wish Adorama had that flash deal when I made my order.

Either way, not a bad price for the K-3.

11-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by CeciProAm Quote
The one thing I know NOT to do is do not place your order by phone to B&H.
Click on any B&H link on this page, then put the k3 with free battery grip in
your cart.
Then put the 540 pentax speedlight in your cart @ 359 dollars, when you go
to check out it will give you a 309 dollar credit.
THEN talk to "chat support" and tell them that you would like to get the same
deal that Adorama is offering/which is their k3 with grip for 100 less with the
promo code: EARLYPEEK
Support chat told me they would make sure that all of the credits would be
applied and that PentaxForums.com would get credit for the linked sale.

The prime lenses I got, show up for about 181.95, the same as Adorama,
but when they are purchased with the k3 they are significantly discounted.

I hope that helps & happy shopping to all & to all a good night!~
So if I put the camera in my cart and add the 50/1.8 and/or the flash without checking out and do a chat & request a price match to Adorama, they will adjust it all and not upcharge me for the lens and the flash. I remember once getting my order/pricing messed up by one of their customer support people and so I am a bit leery about doing this.
11-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice price for a K3. The good news is I can save more by procrastination, though. As much as I would like a second body (?), if I wait 6 months or so it will likely be even less. As I am still a hobbyist and do not depend on photos to make my living, I think I'll just sit tight for now.

My funds would be better spent on a good tripod and trigger, I think....
11-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #64
Site Supporter

I'm definitely just a hobbyist as well, but in looking for an upgrade from my K-x, the additional features if the k3 just seemed like major seller compared to the K5iis. I like the option to run two card slots, the option for flucard (if/when I get one), the built in intervalometer, improved AF (especially with screw drive lenses), and several of the other selling points. It seems like there is quite a division between those that prefer the k5iis to the k3 and vice versa. I figured as narrow as the price gap was now, I'd have a learning curve with either since moving from kx, so I'd go with the flagship.

Lens upgrades will be a definite for me in the future (college budget :/), but I'm super excited to finally get into an upper tier body.

Congrats to everyone on your purchases! That 540 deal with BH was pretty sweet, but I'm still happy with my deal from Adorama. Never thought it'd drop this low when I started looking a few months back.

11-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i just ordered the K3 from B&H. I followed the link in the forums. When you click the link in the forums, B&H automatically adds the battery grip to the camera. Itshows up as a free item. Then you click on the additional savings link to add other items. I added the AF-540-FGZ flash for $50 and the DA 50mm 1.8 for $116. So I purchased the K3, the battery grip, the Flash, the 50mm 1.8 lens and the additional 2 year warranty for just $986. That is a total savings of $560. I really was not in the market for a new camera but this was a deal to good to let go by. I am upgrading from my K10D so I am really excited to get this new camera. I already have a 540-FGZ flash but for 50 dollars I figured why not have a backup. Thank you again to the Pentax Forums for making this deal happen. I did my ordering right through the link in the forums so I know they will get the credit. I never had to speak to any representative either.
11-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #66

Adorama is now offering the above K-3 offer for 796.95 without the EARLYPEEK code. Thought I could apply code to the newly priced bundle and bring it down to 696 but the code no longer appears to work. They are also offering a few other packages with reduced pricing such as the K-3 with grip and 50/1.8 for $896.95. Nothing being offered with the flash, though.
11-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #67
Site Supporter

Oh man! The 50mm 1.8 is available for 100 with that bundle. It wouldn't let me add it when I did the EARLYPEEK bundle. After checking some finances, I may have to shoot Helen an email and see if there's any way to get that since I just bought.
11-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess should have mentioned that I did not use any code to get the pricing. The grip is added automatically and there is an additional savings button you click on to add any other items you want. The discount pricing automatically shows up.

11-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #69

If you want to add the 50/1.8 lens to this bundle, Adorama is now pricing it at $80.00. There are additional lens options.
11-27-2014, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #70
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You can get a 16 gb flu card instead of regular SD card for $30 more

Complex Rebates

I should have jumped when the flashes where back in stock yesterday....Feel my lowly K30 is still more camera than I but some of the features, even just the top lcd would be handy.