Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax K3 with battery grip and Card 796.95 Adorama
Posted By: pearsaab, 11-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera With 32GB SDHC Card & Pentax Battery Grip 15530 KC $796.95 + free shipping

Promo code (at checkout): EARLYPEEK

Views: 9,830
11-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
New buyers - reminder not to forget to add the 2YR Pentax Warranty!
I saw no option to get the Pentax warranty, only the 3 year new leaf warranty.

Either way, this K3 should be a slight upgrade from my K-x

11-21-2014, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by willskywalker93 Quote
I saw no option to get the Pentax warranty, only the 3 year new leaf warranty.
Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)
11-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Thanks! Is that better than the new leaf warranty they offered me with the purchase?

EDIT: After looking at it, I'll definitely be switching the New Leaf warranty out for the Pentax Warranty extension since it includes that free check up. That's a pretty good deal for 20 bucks.

Last edited by willskywalker93; 11-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.
11-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What's the difference?

So.. the only important difference is that the Pentax warranty offers the free check-up?

Pentax warranty:
"Pentax Ricoh will provide, at no charge, one complete check-up at any time during the warranty period. This includes inspection of all camera functions to see that they meet factory specifications."

New Leaf warranty (PDF):
"New Leaf PLUS provides a true, worry free experience for your new product. We'll keep your camera working like new and if we can't, we'll buy you a new one. New Leaf PLUS service plans are underwritten by an A rated insurance carrier ensuring financial protection for the entire length of your plan. Receive the service you paid for with New Leaf PLUS. The New Leaf PLUS service plan is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty and covers parts and labor for 3 full years from your product's date of purchase. Purchasing a New Leaf PLUS service plan with Accidental Damage Coverage provides you with added protection from unintended drops and spills".

11-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
I was thjinking of a K5iis for a backup for my K-3. Does it make sense just to go with two K-3s? Or does K5iis offer a certain something different that I might desire (like longer battery life). Who knows. I do know I only need one grip, though....

Last edited by KevinG; 11-22-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo correction
11-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #36

This is very tempting but then so is the K-5iis deal. However, since I have a K-01, I've gotten used to focus peaking and would prefer a camera that offers that. With certain bills coming due soon probably should not buy one.

---------- Post added 11-22-14 at 09:22 AM ----------

Code does not work if you add a lens to the bundle through the bundle and save link.

I tried that, too, and no go.
11-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
So.. the only important difference is that the Pentax warranty offers the free check-up?
Well, the only review of a person who has filed a claim the new leaf warranty was a nightmare.

11-22-2014, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax warranty:
"Pentax Ricoh will provide, at no charge, one complete check-up at any time during the warranty period. This includes inspection of all camera functions to see that they meet factory specifications."

New Leaf warranty (PDF):
"New Leaf PLUS provides a true, worry free experience for your new product. We'll keep your camera working like new and if we can't, we'll buy you a new one. New Leaf PLUS service plans are underwritten by an A rated insurance carrier ensuring financial protection for the entire length of your plan. Receive the service you paid for with New Leaf PLUS. The New Leaf PLUS service plan is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty and covers parts and labor for 3 full years from your product's date of purchase. Purchasing a New Leaf PLUS service plan with Accidental Damage Coverage provides you with added protection from unintended drops and spills".
The Pentax 2 year extension is honored by the factory repair center as if it was the standard warranty of the camera.
So you just send it in like normal and they fix it and you don't get charged. If the camera cannot be repaired Pentax is on the hook for providing a replacement or however they want to address it.

The third party warranties usually require you to jump through a few more hoops if you have a claim.
11-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Pentax 2 year extension is honored by the factory repair center as if it was the standard warranty of the camera.
So you just send it in like normal and they fix it and you don't get charged. If the camera cannot be repaired Pentax is on the hook for providing a replacement or however they want to address it.

The third party warranties usually require you to jump through a few more hoops if you have a claim.

unfortunately the state of Virginia has decided they need to protect me so I cannot take advantage of these extended warranties
11-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
unfortunately the state of Virginia has decided they need to protect me so I cannot take advantage of these extended warranties
Sorry to hear, there are other states where this is the case also.
11-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Everyone for the feedback, this makes a lot of sense. I am definitely getting the Pentax warranty on Monday.
11-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Thanks Everyone for the feedback, this makes a lot of sense. I am definitely getting the Pentax warranty on Monday.
Since my order was still at the processing stage, I emailed to see if they would just swap the two out before they billed me for them, otherwise I will return the New Leaf and buy the Pentax warranty. That tune up back to factory specs sounds like something that would be really useful when the warranty nears expiration.

Now I guess all that's left is to get the 18-135WR so I can take advantage of not worrying about the rain.
11-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The K-3 has shipped but a call to Adorama should do the trick.
My 18-135WR is patiently waiting for the mail
11-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #44
Veteran Member

The K-3 has shipped but a call to Adorama should do the trick.
My 18-135WR is patiently waiting for the mail
You get it there or elsewhere?
11-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You get it there or elsewhere?
I think I got it from a member here.