Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K-3, New In Box, Body Only: $620 (HOT)
Posted By: Doundounba, 11-26-2014, 02:15 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Canadian Ebay seller with impeccable feedback, free shipping in US and Canada. This one won't last! Linky.

Pentax K 3 23 4 MP Digital SLR Camera Black Body Only | eBay
Views: 3,403
11-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So, a question to ask (assuming you're comfortable with the warranty situation), is whether to get the k3 for $620 or get it with the grip for $796......hmmmm.

I just did a search online and it appears that there would be no import duties on importing the camera into the United states. Does anyone here have experience importing an item of value like that and know if that is correct?

Last edited by Spodeworld; 11-26-2014 at 06:01 PM.
11-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have purchased a number of camera items from Canada. Most recently a DA*300. No duties, fast problem free shipment from another EBay seller. Can't remember the name but they are prominent.
11-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks. That's one issue down.

Now, to decide whether it is better to go with this or get the deal with grip for about $176 more.....decisions, decisions....

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I have purchased a number of camera items from Canada. Most recently a DA*300. No duties, fast problem free shipment from another EBay seller. Can't remember the name but they are prominent.
11-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Thanks. That's one issue down.

Now, to decide whether it is better to go with this or get the deal with grip for about $176 more.....decisions, decisions....
New grips have been selling in the marketplace for less than 150. They are from the bundles.

11-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe prodigital2000 ... they regularly have good deals, although less frequently so now than in the past. Their K3 body only right now is CAD 900, probably about USD 820... Got my 16-45, 10-17 and, if I remember correctly, my 12-24 from them.
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Re B&H deal... It depends on if you value the grip. Personally, I think at $850 with the flash it was worth thinking about if you have the extra $$$s, but now that the flash is no longer available... On the other hand, if you ever have buyer's remorse, I'd speculate that it _might_ be easier (and cheaper) to return it to B&H. This seller has a 14-day return policy.
11-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Re B&H deal... It depends on if you value the grip. Personally, I think at $850 with the flash it was worth thinking about if you have the extra $$$s, but now that the flash is no longer available...
Shoulda been all over that deal....just didn't realize it was going to disappear so quickly! Wonder if it will resurrect on BF, with a stash of flashes mysteriously showing up?!

------
Update: they appear to have sold out. It's all academic now!

Last edited by Spodeworld; 11-26-2014 at 08:15 PM.
11-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #23

For those considering this deal, also consider that B&H extended their return window to Feb 1 2015 for purchases made between Nov 1 and Jan 1:
Return & Exchange Policy | B&H Photo Video
Now that's pretty good customer service.
11-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, I suppose there might also be lens bundle deals on Friday that could swing the balance (again, if you have the extra $$$s)... Hopefully by then, the K-3 will be in my hands to keep me in check - I've already spent money I wasn't planning to spend! My Black Friday shopping is complete.

---------- Post added 11-26-14 at 10:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by leeak Quote
For those considering this deal, also consider that B&H extended their return window to Feb 1 2015 for purchases made between Nov 1 and Jan 1:[...]
Indeed! They must check the shutter count, though, right? I mean you can't put 30k actuations on a body and expect to return it after two months?

Last edited by Doundounba; 11-26-2014 at 08:28 PM.
11-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Just checked now... they are all sold out (20 of them). I am glad that I got one before it's gone - now I can wait for FF if and when it comes in 2015 or later.

Last edited by aleonx3; 11-26-2014 at 09:57 PM.
11-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leeak Quote
For those considering this deal, also consider that B&H extended their return window to Feb 1 2015 for purchases made between Nov 1 and Jan 1:
Return & Exchange Policy | B&H Photo Video
So, I guess people can just buy it and use it for several months and return it to get the money back... correct?
There is a good reason this consumer buying practice leaves something to be desired since there is no guarantee that the next person who wants to purchase new camera may not get someone's return item.
11-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Another great deal for a K-3! Ricoh must have a plan to flood the market with K-mount bodies to grow users of upcoming expensive lenses!
11-27-2014, 07:12 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe there are a few life lessons here for me.

First I dither and miss the fantastic B&H deal with flash for $850. Then I do the same on this amazing deal for $620, and, in a flash it's gone. I think the universe is telling me something......you have enough stuff! Learn how to use it right! Or, maybe not......

Now, if only one of these two deals come come back.....to heck with you universe and your life lessons! There are many more opportunities just waiting to slip through my fingers!

Next stop, Black Friday!
11-27-2014, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

First I dither and miss the fantastic B&H deal with flash for $850. Then I do the same on this amazing deal for $620, and, in a flash it's gone. I think the universe is telling me something......you have enough stuff! Learn how to use it right! Or, maybe not......

Now, if only one of these two deals come come back.....to heck with you universe and your life lessons! There are many more opportunities just waiting to slip through my fingers!

Next stop, Black Friday!
Dont lose heart Spodeworld! You will still get a great deal on whatever electronics item you set your sight on. Thats the law. Electronics gets cheaper/loses value every single day. Keep looking....good luck!
11-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Next stop, Black Friday!
you need to be on your toes and check the pentaxforums every hour during Black Friday season...