Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-3, New In Box, Body Only: $620 (HOT)
Posted By: Doundounba, 11-26-2014, 02:15 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Canadian Ebay seller with impeccable feedback, free shipping in US and Canada. This one won't last! Linky.

Pentax K 3 23 4 MP Digital SLR Camera Black Body Only | eBay
Views: 3,395
11-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! I know it's been beaten to death, but would the warranty be valid in the US? And, could you buy the add-on 2 year warranty extension for $19.99 that they sell at Adorama?

Also, are they an authorized Pentax dealer? I'm trying to locate them, but haven't been able to yet.

Thanks

Last edited by Spodeworld; 11-26-2014 at 02:38 PM.
11-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Wow! I know it's been beaten to death, but would the warranty be valid in the US? And, could you buy the add-on 2 year warranty extension for $19.99 that they sell at Adorama?
US warranty service is only offered on purchases made from US authorized dealers. If this isn't a grey market listing, then I suppose you could get service in Canada, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Adam. Canada's a beautiful place, but a bit of a hassle from here if I need to deal with service, especially if it turns out to be a grey market good! Damn tempting though!

11-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
About warranty, you'd have to ask the seller, but I asked before about warranty on a Pentax lens and was told that there was a full two year Canadian, one year international warranty included, tough I didn't wind up ordering it. I wanted to ask about warranty on the K-3, but the price is so good I couldn't help myself any longer and just pulled the trigger! New K-3 for me!

I have sent in the question though. Will update if/when I receive a response.
11-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The seller has had market beater prices on K-3 frequently on Ebay. Periodically he returns to a regular price and them lowers it again a few days/weeks later. I think he responded to my inquiry that the camera comes with an international warranty that US Pentax will honor.
11-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Just checking the same site, selling the Lumix DMC-FZ1000 for 720 (100 bucks more than the k-3).... wow! for less than a bridge camera - I would have never thought of that.... sorry, I digress...

---------- Post added 11-26-2014 at 05:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
About warranty, you'd have to ask the seller, but I asked before about warranty on a Pentax lens and was told that there was a full two year Canadian, one year international warranty included, tough I didn't wind up ordering it. I wanted to ask about warranty on the K-3, but the price is so good I couldn't help myself any longer and just pulled the trigger! New K-3 for me!

I have sent in the question though. Will update if/when I receive a response.
I did the same thing.. send the question regarding the Cdn warranty... if they do, I am in....

11-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I asked about the warranty. Here is the response:

"This camera comes with a 2 Year Pentax Canada, 1 Year International (valid in the US) Warranty.

You can take advantage of the second year warranty by sending it back to us during the second year and we can send it to Pentax Canada.

Thanks!"
11-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Same response for me (2-year Canadian warranty - since I am in Canada, seller didn't specify for international). I kind of would have preferred a silver body - the K-3 just looks spectacular in silver - but for the price difference, I'll take it black! Can't wait to get it - it's like xmas a month early!
11-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@Doundounba - Any concerns that they may actually be grey market?
11-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I just became a k-3 owner now... I asked and got the same response, brand new stock from warehouse with 2-year Canadian warranty... plus I got 5% back from Paypal, overall a great deal now.
It looks like a new k-3 successor is coming out soon (or perhaps along with FF in the new year). Unlike other manufacturers, Pentax tend to clear out the existing inventory (a very prudent business model) to make way for new products. It is a definitely a different look when you go to costco or bestbuy where you can still find T3, T4 and T5 models at the same time.

---------- Post added 11-26-2014 at 06:17 PM ----------

You can take advantage of the second year warranty by sending it back to us during the second year and we can send it to Pentax Canada.
If this works and legit, I have my hats off to their customer service...
11-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We'll see when I get it, of course, and it's my first transaction with this seller, but they have a better Ebay feedback rating than Prodigital2000, which is well-known around here as a good and honest dealer... If it ships tomorrow I might have it on Friday and will have a battery ready.

EDIT: Shucks, missed out on the Paypal 5% thingy even though I paid with Paypal because you had to sign-up for it before making a purchase...
11-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Grey market is a minor or non existent concern. If the camera has Canada and International warranties they apply. Grey market just means the item was not imported to this country by the official US importer and so is not subject to warranty provided by US Pentax. The seller is telling you it will be honored by Canada Pentax and International by any Pentax repair facility. No real worry
11-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I was waiting to see if the K-3 would hit the $600 price point this season...I had to pull the trigger on this deal as it was close enough for me.....
11-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great. Now I have no idea if I should get an old K-5, keep my K-30, get a K-5IIs, wait for a used one or jump on this K-3, or save money and spend it on gas for going to photogenic places.