Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 44,057
11-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Cannot resist the FA 31mm sale... Pulled the trigger... I had skipped many used around $600-$650 on ebay but $773 new is really a good deal.

11-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
When I saw the prices, I immediately looked here for a thread on it. Didn't see one so I posted.

I had no idea there's been so much trouble with the Pentax online store. Here's hoping we all get our orders at the prices we ordered lol
11-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chemtech Quote
I hope all goes well since I've just ordered the 31 limited. I also received free shipping & handling for signing up for the newsletter.
Sweet deal, Thanks Homo_erectus!

How did you get the free shipping? I check off the box to receive the newsletter but it doesn't kill the standard shipping cost.
11-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gt6plus Quote
How did you get the free shipping? I check off the box to receive the newsletter but it doesn't kill the standard shipping cost.
Try it again or use another browser... I followed this tip and it works.

11-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, I thought it would work for everyone. I just followed the directions and it said to sign up and the free shipping would calculate when I spent $99 or more. Perhaps, it worked since I was a new customer? I did make sure I didn't navigate away from the site before I finished the deal.
11-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chemtech Quote
Sorry, I thought it would work for everyone. I just followed the directions and it said to sign up and the free shipping would calculate when I spent $99 or more. Perhaps, it worked since I was a new customer? I did make sure I didn't navigate away from the site before I finished the deal.

I was trying with firefox and it didn't work (I wasn't getting the pop-up, nor a message that says a pop-up was blocked). Does work with internet explorer though.
11-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #22

For the free shipping, you have to add the item to your cart by clicking on the "buy it now" button. Then simply close the browser page you're taken to. Instead of closing the page, a window will then pop up saying you can get free shipping on an item over $99.00.
11-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #23
Site Supporter

I was trying with firefox and it didn't work (I wasn't getting the pop-up, nor a message that says a pop-up was blocked). Does work with internet explorer though.
Glad to hear changing the Browser worked for you!

11-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
When I saw the prices, I immediately looked here for a thread on it. Didn't see one so I posted.

I had no idea there's been so much trouble with the Pentax online store. Here's hoping we all get our orders at the prices we ordered lol
Me neither! I placed my order via Paypal 2 hours ago and it hasn't been confirmed by Ricoh yet...if this doesn't go through I won't know whether to rejoice for my wallet or cry for my LBA.
11-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #25
Veteran Member

check this out (and he's sold two!) NEW PENTAX SMC FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Lens 1 Year Warranty - BLACK | eBay

certainly makes the Pentax Web store prices look tempting
11-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Me neither! I placed my order via Paypal 2 hours ago and it hasn't been confirmed by Ricoh yet...if this doesn't go through I won't know whether to rejoice for my wallet or cry for my LBA.
It's a holiday so it doesn't surprise me that no one is there to confirm it and finish the processing. In the past, during holidays, it has take up to 5 days (Thursday to Monday) to get a confirmation. Pentax Online Store is definitely NOT B&H or Adorama. But that price is terrific, hope you all enjoy your new lenses.
11-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
That is a great deal. And another nasty temptation. I managed to stave off the 31 on sale at KEH last week.
Can I do it again?

I ONLY WANT THE FA31, I DON't NEED IT...I ONLY WANT THE FA31, I DON't NEED IT...
I ONLY WANT THE FA31, I DON't NEED IT...

But if you get it you will love it. You will really really really love it. A lot.

Just sayin LOL
11-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Ok so I gave in to the temptation. HD 55-300mm WR is on its way. Would've even paid the full price US$450 for a faster, in-lens DC motor (not the failure-king SDM lenses) 55-300mm WR unit. But the current deal is too good to pass up. After 7 years in pentax-land, I now have a complete weather-sealed APSC camera kit all the way from 18-300 mm (is that the farthest you can go with weather sealing? ).Sadly its not gonna make me a good photographer though.Just imaginary peace of mind and bragging rights in my CaNikony friend circle....
11-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I got a confirmation email within a few minutes of placing my order but I did not pay via paypal so maybe that's what's causing the delay JibbaJab?
11-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I too received confirmation within minutes of placing the order. I've also saved the receipt as PDF just in case Pentax Web Store reneges like they've done before. Paid using my credit card.