Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 44,947
12-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #301
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,426
QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
BrandShop (SureSource) is apparently owned by a Private Equity firm, otherwise known as a Hedge Fund.

Board of Directors

Jeff Stevenson

Mr. Stevenson is the Managing Partner of VSS and has overall responsibility for the management of the Firm and each of its funds. Mr. Stevenson has been the senior member of the investment committees of all of the VSS buyout funds and structured capital funds. He joined the Firm in 1982, shortly after its formation, and has been the head of its private equity business since its first investment; he has over twenty years’ experience in private investing.

Previously, Mr. Stevenson was Executive Vice President in charge of corporate finance at VSS, a department he founded. Mr. Stevenson currently serves as a member of the board of Advanstar Communications, Access Intelligence, Infobase Publishing, User Friendly Media, Market Strategies, ITN Networks, TMP Worldwide, Remedy Health, Cambium Learning, Southern Theatres, Cast & Crew, BrandShop, Metschools and Tax Credit Co.

Previously, he served as a member of the board of Ebiquity, Vault.com, The Official Information Company, Centaur Communications, Birch Telecom, ITE Group, Pepcom, Yellow Book USA, Rifkin Acquisition Partners, Triax Midwest Associates, Broadcasting Partners Holdings, Spectrum Resources Towers, PJS Publications, Kansas Broadcasting Systems, B&B Merger Corporation, Cable Management Ireland, International Media Partners, Hughes Broadcasting Partners, Triax Southeast Associates, Canon Communications, Hanley Wood, De Telefoongids, Mediatel, and Broadcasting Partners.

Mr. Stevenson holds a BA from Rutgers College.

In addition, Mr. Stevenson serves on the boards or is involved with the following organization: YPO/WPO, SBIA Board of Governors and Lincoln Center Leadership Committee.

Mr. Stevenson can be reached at stevensonj@vss.com.

IOW, their corporate overlords probably don't much care about Ricoh's customers.


Last edited by monochrome; 12-07-2014 at 07:29 AM.
12-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #302
Junior Member
PenTex's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 49
Pentax web store sales

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
I'm happy to report that my transaction is finally complete. Today I was dinged $1,299.95 which was followed by a $526.53 credit.


Not sure how this would have transpired without this thread and my follow-up. In any event, Godspeed my "Pentax web store sales" friends and don't take shit from anybody.

Good news. Now tell us about the lens
12-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #303
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 7
FWIW - a better experience to report. I ordered a 31mm limited from the pentax webstore on Nov 28, around midnight. On December 2, I received an email that the lens had shipped. That same day my Paypal account was charged.

The tracking number in the email was useless; it kept telling me that UPS had not received the package.

So, I called the webstore today. They assured me the lens had shipped, and when they logged into the UPS site, were able to tell me the lens would be delivered to my home (in upstate NY) today.

A few hours later, the lens arrived.

Why, oh why, do I think I'll be taking lots of pictures with it this weekend?
12-05-2014, 02:35 PM - 2 Likes   #304
Pentaxian
Wolfeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 728
I cancelled my 31mm order and went with a 35mm from B&H. I'll get a lesser lens but I will save $600 and not have to deal with the lousy Pentax web store. I am at peace.

12-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #305
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 703
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
I cancelled my 31mm order and went with a 35mm from B&H. I'll get a lesser lens but I will save $600 and not have to deal with the lousy Pentax web store. I am at peace.

Don't blame you. I'm glad I didn't order the Q7 after seeing what many have had to endure with this outfit. I'd love to hear the discussions between B&H and Ricoh/Pentax sales reps about how Ricoh/Pentax could sell product at a lower price than what the dealers have to pay for the product.... Doesn't sound like a good way to work with your distributors.

12-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #306
Senior Member
EJMzagsfan's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 241
Update on my order: I sent an email and recieved a reply stating that they were unable to verify my billing adress so that's why the lens wasn't sent. Upon calling customer service today they are going to call my cc company for verification. This is really annoying, there is nothing wrong with my billing information. They also claim to have sent me an email telling about the problem, but I've checked my spam and there was no email.
12-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #307
Site Supporter
Elliot's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 270
I cancelled my order as well. I had cancelled one of the two lenses, and then called them this afternoon and when they could give me no information about when the remaining lens might come in, I politely cancelled. They have never changed the web page listing my order from the initial order. They also promised to send me an e-mail confirming the cancellation, which I have not yet received. Therefore, I think that I cancelled the lens(es).

I would rather relax and enjoy the purchasing of a new lens and also support a dealer that is more responsible towards the consumer, even if any dealer can make a mistake at times. In the meantime, I bought a used lens from a fellow Pentaxian on the board here.
12-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #308
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 364
QuoteOriginally posted by kpevav Quote
I cancelled my order as well. I had cancelled one of the two lenses, and then called them this afternoon and when they could give me no information about when the remaining lens might come in, I politely cancelled. They have never changed the web page listing my order from the initial order. They also promised to send me an e-mail confirming the cancellation, which I have not yet received. Therefore, I think that I cancelled the lens(es).

I would rather relax and enjoy the purchasing of a new lens and also support a dealer that is more responsible towards the consumer, even if any dealer can make a mistake at times. In the meantime, I bought a used lens from a fellow Pentaxian on the board here.
Just received an reply email from Tracy Rothenberger COO of Ricoh USA who is now aware of the problem. (He responded to me personally within hours of informing him of the situation). He is looking into it. Sometimes senior management does not become aware of these issues until it's too late.


I cannot believe the damage these guys are doing to the brand we support and love.

12-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #309
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Just received an reply email from Tracy Rothenberger COO of Ricoh USA who is now aware of the problem. (He responded to me personally within hours of informing him of the situation). He is looking into it. Sometimes senior management does not become aware of these issues until it's too late.


I cannot believe the damage these guys are doing to the brand we support and love.
I have received no response from Jim Malcolm. I had hoped that an underling would be delegated that task. I just don't get Pentax USA at all. Ricoh seems to be doing some things right and Pentax USA has had this problem with their "Official" webstore for years.
12-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #310
New Member
John279's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18
I'm too in the herd of Black Friday bargain hunters burned by BrandShop. I tried to control my LBA but the offer on the FA-31mm was just too good and I finally pulled the trigger on Nov 30, even though it was already listed as out-of-stock (how that for internet buying confidence...!). Imagine my surprise and delight when I got a notice that it had shipped on Wednesday, Dec 3 at 9:44PM! Ah but the price had jumped from the web site 773.42 to list 1299.95. Also, the higher price appeared as pending on my CC.


Yesterday, I called BrandShop (Sarah was super professional and very sweet!!) and was given an email link to upload my original receipt that I'd downloaded as a pdf file. I was able to do even better, as when I logged on to My Account at the webstore, my original order was still accessible and for the 773.42, so I was able to send a copy of that!


Lens was delivered by UPS this afternoon at ~2 PM and Sarah's email confirming refund of the difference arrived at 2:11 PM. Now just waiting on the CC company to register the refund before I start using the lens...
12-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #311
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 364
QuoteOriginally posted by John279 Quote
I'm too in the herd of Black Friday bargain hunters burned by BrandShop. I tried to control my LBA but the offer on the FA-31mm was just too good and I finally pulled the trigger on Nov 30, even though it was already listed as out-of-stock (how that for internet buying confidence...!). Imagine my surprise and delight when I got a notice that it had shipped on Wednesday, Dec 3 at 9:44PM! Ah but the price had jumped from the web site 773.42 to list 1299.95. Also, the higher price appeared as pending on my CC.


Yesterday, I called BrandShop (Sarah was super professional and very sweet!!) and was given an email link to upload my original receipt that I'd downloaded as a pdf file. I was able to do even better, as when I logged on to My Account at the webstore, my original order was still accessible and for the 773.42, so I was able to send a copy of that!


Lens was delivered by UPS this afternoon at ~2 PM and Sarah's email confirming refund of the difference arrived at 2:11 PM. Now just waiting on the CC company to register the refund before I start using the lens...
Had a similar conversation with Sarah today. Also awaiting the change to CC.
12-05-2014, 05:05 PM - 2 Likes   #312
Veteran Member
krebsy75's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chester County, Pa.
Posts: 804
In close to 20 years of e-commerce I have never experienced a similar transaction. Got to give Pentax credit for keeping with their "be different" philosophy!
12-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #313
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
Well, to give credit where it is due, my 55-300 just showed up. Thankfully little drama on this end....
12-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #314
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 46
QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
Pentax has no option but to find another provider.
You assume Pentax care enough to get another provider. Pentax stayed with this provider after last year's fiasco -- this is not a first occurrence; and from what I can tell, this time around some of you actually got a lens, which is a lot better than last year.
12-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #315
Veteran Member
krebsy75's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chester County, Pa.
Posts: 804
QuoteOriginally posted by mrbrightside Quote
You assume Pentax care enough to get another provider. Pentax stayed with this provider after last year's fiasco -- this is not a first occurrence; and from what I can tell, this time around some of you actually got a lens, which is a lot better than last year.

Yep. I made out pretty good. It was a stragr transaction, however.

Pentax comes across as an arrogant company. And I have no idea why. Their reputation in the industry is either unknown or flat out negative.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
31mm, 50mm, advice, body, boxes, brand, cc, charge, d-fa, errors, fa, fa31, hope, kit, lens, lenses, lenses on sale, macro, pentax, pentax deals, pentax web store, pm, post, price, sale, status, stock, store, webstore
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Web Store Q7 deal woodywesty Pentax Price Watch 6 11-27-2014 02:19 PM
Pentax Q7 Premium Kit only available through Pentax web store? Zorglub Pentax Q 7 05-28-2014 02:23 AM
Pentax Australia Web Store prices sven84 Pentax Price Watch 34 04-05-2013 01:02 PM
Pentax web store in Australia MTA.MAT Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 13 04-04-2013 01:04 AM
K-5 silver at Pentax web store Adam Pentax News and Rumors 3 03-10-2011 11:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top