Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,578
12-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I sent them an email asking them to check the status of my order because it's been in "Pending Approval" since shortly after I placed it on the 27th. I'll post back when I hear anything.

12-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So, I got impatient and called them. The person I spoke to said that my order just hadn't been processed yet. She said it should be processed and shipped today.

She mentioned that they had around 30 copies of the 31mm on hand but had received over 50 orders for it.
12-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
So, I got impatient and called them. The person I spoke to said that my order just hadn't been processed yet. She said it should be processed and shipped today.

She mentioned that they had around 30 copies of the 31mm on hand but had received over 50 orders for it.
Thanks for your posts. I am on the same boat as I also ordered it at 27th. Strange as I saw the fa 31 mm someone ordered at 28th had been shipped at 29th.
12-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #109
Veteran Member

I sent them an email asking them to check the status of my order because it's been in "Pending Approval" since shortly after I placed it on the 27th. I'll post back when I hear anything.
I too emailed them last night. Havent heard from them until now. I hope mine ships too. I ordered on 11/27 and still no Pending Approval

12-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #110
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She mentioned that they had around 30 copies of the 31mm on hand.
Now if Pentax were running the site,
she would have said that they had exactly 31 copies on hand!
12-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #111
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Price has gone back up to normal, $1300.

It will be gratifying if the orders placed after stock ran out are actually fulfilled, and within the ten business days promised by the site. That should get it into everyone's hands by Christmas. I can't help but wonder if the folks who pay the regular price between now and the next shipment's arrival will get preference in shipping.
12-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #112

When I placed my order on the 28th, they were still showing in-stock. Hopefully, that status was accurate with respect to the 30 copies mentioned.

12-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Congrats on the 31 to those who ordered one. A fine lens which I myself do not need.
12-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #114
Veteran Member

For whatever reason my order that was placed on the 27th when stock was present was not processed and other orders placed after mine were shipped out ahead of mine. But, there is no other problem with the order and I was assured that they are receiving more stock on the 8th and my lens will ship out as soon as possible after it is received. They are not Amazon, that's for sure, but as long as they honor the order I'm good. I just wish their website was more informative as to why the order has not shipped, as I told the rep on the phone I was concerned that there was some other problem (mismatch on address for credit card, etc.) and if they had merely listed it as awaiting back ordered merchandise it would have saved some annoyance and phone time.
12-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #115

So you're saying I should call them up...

---------- Post added 12-01-14 at 08:04 PM ----------

Just got off the phone with them. My order is still in place but they're out of stock and won't get any more for another 2-3 weeks. Had no answer for why the order didn't get processed when the site was still showing stock available. Did not seem to care when I mentioned I have a trip to Europe on the 12th and I was counting on the 1- day processing/shipping as advertised on their website. Offered to cancel my order, which I did not want to do. Customer service is lacking with these guys...
12-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #116
Forum Member

I figured the K-50 sale price would continue through today, but no!!! Back up to $399.95. That's what I get for procrastinating!
12-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ut07 Quote
So you're saying I should call them up...[COLOR="Silver"]

...I mentioned I have a trip to Europe on the 12th and I was counting on the 1- day processing/shipping as advertised on their website...
Order it from B&H and you'll have it by trip time.
12-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #118
Veteran Member

Just got off the phone with them. My order is still in place but they're out of stock and won't get any more for another 2-3 weeks. Had no answer for why the order didn't get processed when the site was still showing stock available. Did not seem to care when I mentioned I have a trip to Europe on the 12th and I was counting on the 1- day processing/shipping as advertised on their website. Offered to cancel my order, which I did not want to do. Customer service is lacking with these guys...
They reverse fulfilled, as best as we could figure, back a couple of years ago on the DA50s mentioned earlier in this thread. Their ordering/shipping system is garbage IMHO. It seems that a printout is sent to fulfillment but most recent orders are listed first! If you can believe that. So, earlier orders made when in stock but they are closed are sent out to fulfillment with later orders that were made after "back ordered" is shown but are fulfilled at the end of the list. Again, I'm good on this because of the price and they appear to be honoring my order but this process got many here rather angry a couple years ago and seems not to have been addressed in the mean time. Sad because Pentax is doing some other things better these days IMHO but Pentax USA's webstore appears to continue to be an embarrassment to Pentax, again IMHO.

Last edited by Docrwm; 12-03-2014 at 10:26 AM.
12-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #119
Veteran Member

What? Is it FA 31? They said they will ship it today from what I saw in the post above... Changed?
12-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #120

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
What? Is it FA 31? They said they will ship it today from what I saw in the post above... Changed?

Yes, 31