Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,408
12-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sad because Pentax is doing some other things better these days IMHO but Pentax USA appears to continue to be an embarrassment to Pentax, again IMHO.
PBA the Webstore is a contract fulfillment company named SureSource, LLC. Though they appear as the storefront for Pentax USA (look under 'Our Clients'), they're really just a contractor. They carry their own inventory, make their own decisions and (in conjunction with their clients) do their own deal marketing.

That doesn't excuse RIAC from responsibility for the confusion, and disappointing a long-term and loyal Pentaxian - but the best solution is to even-handedly contact someone you might know in Denver and describe the ludicrous fulfillment process you described. If the contractor can't do better, they should be replaced. If you need a referral PM me. Denver really is trying hard to bring things back - but there are just so many moving parts . . . . . .

12-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #122
Veteran Member

I ordered an FA 31 on the 27th and it is still "Pending Approval". I've just received an email from Pentax Webstore saying they can't verify my Credit Card address and asking to pay by bank wire transfer. And there's this too:

"The total for your order is $1324.95, which includes a $25.00 incoming wire fee that our bank charges us for incoming transfers."

So it looks like they want to charge me $1300 rather than the $773.42 I ordered it at...

Last edited by krazykat; 12-01-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fixed typo
12-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
PBA the Webstore is a contract fulfillment company named SureSource, LLC. Though they appear as the storefront for Pentax USA (look under 'Our Clients'), they're really just a contractor. They carry their own inventory, make their own decisions and (in conjunction with their clients) do their own deal marketing.

That doesn't excuse RIAC from responsibility for the confusion, and disappointing a long-term and loyal Pentaxian - but the best solution is to even-handedly contact someone you might know in Denver and describe the ludicrous fulfillment process you described. If the contractor can't do better, they should be replaced. If you need a referral PM me. Denver really is trying hard to bring things back - but there are just so many moving parts . . . . . .
Thanks for the information. Its an old story with them but, as I said, Pentax is doing a few things right these days.
12-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #124

I ordered my 55-300 on Friday the 28th. At that time it was listed out out of stock but available for back order. I checked the site today and my order is listed as back ordered. No date listed for shipping.

Has anyone that bought a 55-300 gotten confirmation? Mine still says "pending" and I ordered when they were listed as in stock.

12-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #125
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TedW Quote
I ordered my 55-300 on Friday the 28th. At that time it was listed out out of stock but available for back order. I checked the site today and my order is listed as back ordered. No date listed for shipping.
I spoke with them today and they expect more stock on the 8th..

Last edited by Docrwm; 12-03-2014 at 10:26 AM.
12-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #126

Photos: Albums
Yea I ordered the 55-300 on the 27th as well, it has not shipped. That's pretty lame, but I guess as long as I recieve the lens within a couple weeks I will be happy. Keep me updated if anyone from the 27th gets theirs shipped.
12-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #127
Veteran Member

They reverse fulfilled, as best as we could figure, back a couple of years ago on the DA50s mentioned earlier in this thread. Their ordering/shipping system is garbage IMHO. It seems that a printout is sent to fulfillment but most recent orders are listed first! If you can believe that. So, earlier orders made when in stock but they are closed are sent out to fulfillment with later orders that were made after "back ordered" is shown but are fulfilled at the end of the list. Again, I'm good on this because of the price and they appear to be honoring my order but this process got many here rather angry a couple years ago and seems not to have been addressed in the mean time. Sad because Pentax is doing some other things better these days IMHO but Pentax USA appears to continue to be an embarrassment to Pentax, again IMHO.
Just make sure they don't try to sell you the lens at the regular price, that's the revised total I've been given (FA 31 ordered on the 27th).

12-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #128

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Just make sure they don't try to sell you the lens at the regular price, that's the revised total I've been given (FA 31 ordered on the 27th).

I have an order confirmation email with the sale price. They couldn't possibly try to pull a fast one on me by raising the price, right?

In any case, I'm about to place an order for a K-3 with the 18-135 kit lens.

---------- Post added 12-01-14 at 11:28 PM ----------

Aaaaaand, K3 with kit lens is out of stock at B&H. This is not my day...
12-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #129
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
I ordered an FA 31 on the 27th and it is still "Pending Approval". I've just received an email from Pentax Webstore saying they can't verify my Credit Card address and asking to pay by bank wire transfer. And there's this too:

"The total for your order is $1324.95, which includes a $25.00 incoming wire fee that our bank charges us for incoming transfers."

So it looks like they want to charge me $1300 rather than the $773.42 I ordered it at...
Do you not have a confirmation email showing the price you ordered the item at?
12-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #130
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
Do you not have a confirmation email showing the price you ordered the item at?
Yes I do, and tracking the order at the website still gives the sale price.

I've sent an email off, waiting for a reply.
12-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #131

QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
Yea I ordered the 55-300 on the 27th as well, it has not shipped. That's pretty lame, but I guess as long as I recieve the lens within a couple weeks I will be happy. Keep me updated if anyone from the 27th gets theirs shipped.
Mine has. I ordered on the 27th and it shipped on the 28th.
12-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Sounds like they are pushing the coming orders to a stack instead of queue... Classical data structure error... Sigh...
12-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #133
Veteran Member

Nothing like a little Pentax Web Store drama... lol. As long as my copy comes before the eventual full frame...
12-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
Nothing like a little Pentax Web Store drama... lol. As long as my copy comes before the eventual full frame...
It's a great statement. But I am worrying that the full frame can come before the arrival as Adam said he waited two months for one order...

Last edited by starjedi; 12-01-2014 at 05:39 PM.
12-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I ONLY WANT THE FA31, I DON't NEED IT...I ONLY WANT THE FA31, I DON't NEED IT...
I ONLY WANT THE FA31, I DON't NEED IT...
I feel exactly the same!!!!